New spa day for Silver Cloud - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2016, 01:43 PM   #1

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
New spa day for Silver Cloud

We brought The Egg Carton home from public parking last night. Today, I washed the remainder of the passenger side. Hubby cleaned the roof of the Oregon mold, removed the back stickers, and put Poliglow on the roof. Shining up nicely. Wish we did not have to return it.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
back cleaned without ladder.jpg   Cleaned lights.jpg  

Kevin removing back stickers.jpg   IMG_1523.jpg  

IMG_1524.jpg  
Old 09-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #2

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
Hi Cindy! I'm hoping you guys are enjoying the Silver Cloud since you bought it!! Its so cool to see one and follow it in this forum. It looks nice! I noticed the A/C on the roof - I assume you added that? Sweet!

If I may ask - what does the interior height measure?? Also wondering what the real weight is if you ever weighed it.

Just in case a barn find one ever pops up for sale, its good to know these things!

Please keep posting your adventures and pics of it!!

Thanks! Joe
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 05:28 AM   #3

Registry
Yes, the RV outlet added AC for us, also new tires. We had to get a new fridge as it turned out that one did not work, also a new door. We added a ProPride hitch for sway, so weight, while listed at 4500 is probably more like 5500. Interestingly enough, the MPG is only slightly reduced from our previous Eurovan and Uhaul. We just got a winter cover for it but hope to complete the Poliglow before we need that. Kevin repaired the inside, water-damaged walls, and I redecorated it. It still has the mauve base, as the livingroom blinds were fine, but I replaced the bedding and shower curtain with a Southwestern pattern with mauve.

We bought a screen house that connects with the awning and makes a long, screened porch. We had multiple generations of family under it on Memorial Day for a picnic.

We absolutely love it. I so want to get it looking new with new stickers.

Some pix
Attached Thumbnails
bathroom Bigfoot.jpg   bedroom Bigfoot.jpg  

Bigfoot living room.jpg   Kitchen Bigfoot.jpg  

Bigfoot in KY 2.jpg  
Old 09-26-2016, 10:19 AM   #4

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
Wow!!! You guys are making some NICE upgrades to it!! Sounds like the bugs are worked out, and now your making improvement mods with the screen room, etc - that's so cool! Its great to see the pics of the Silver Cloud !!!

Thanks very much for sharing!!!
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 01:16 PM   #5

Registry
The Silver Cloud has been many miles already. We drove it back from OR during the hubby's spring break and got caught in a snowstorm. Happily, we were in WY on the west side of the worst weather and had access to a Walmart, as the furnace did not work, so he bought a space heater, so then we were toasty and comfortable. We had taken a TV and coffee pot and some dishes, so we were just fine. The KOA had cable, WIFI, and a clean bathroom. Hubby discovered that starting the furnace was almost opposite of what he read or the directions read (All the paperwork came with the purchase!).
Initially, we had planned to keep the Uhaul for short trips, but being snowbound and perfectly comfortable during those 3 days (I even suggested to the hubs that we ditch the hotel reservations we had for the rest of the trip home and stay in the camper after being snowbound. So we did.) caused us to realize we would opt for the luxury of our Silver Cloud Egg Carton over the Uhaul every time we camped, so we sold it to 2 people who were very excited to buy our Uhaul VT. And we are happy it went to a family who appreciate it.

We hope to finish the Poliglow in a couple of weeks, and then put it to bed for the fall. We have reservations for Naples, FL at Xmas at a campground that would not take our Uhaul (need sewer hookups). We have stayed at the Naples KOA for several years and really liked it but found ourselves spending too much time hunting for a relief to the noseeum bites I get there. We hope this is better, as it is away from the water.

CindyL
Old 09-26-2016, 03:36 PM   #6

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
1988 Bigfoot, could this be one of the more elusive 19' Trailers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
We brought The Egg Carton home from public parking last night. Today, I washed the remainder of the passenger side. Hubby cleaned the roof of the Oregon mold, removed the back stickers, and put Poliglow on the roof. Shining up nicely. Wish we did not have to return it.

CindyL
: they are pretty rare if a 19' unit, we almost bought one but way back in time decided the 17' would do for 2 and dog. The nice thing about the 19' it was a Tandem Trailer, 2 axles so much easier to tow and back up.
For many years I had a flatdeck Tandem which I moved at least 500 or more cars and trucks on to different places around BC, AB, WA, OR, a few to Ca but that was a long haul for me. I also moved a few smaller 16' or less trailers for people that needed restoring and could not be towed. I sold that along with the cars we owned.
Bigfoot is a nice trailer but the thing I found that I did not like is the width, and we could do without a bathroom having a porta potti was fine, and sponge bathing was a simple thing to do. But occasionally we stayed in a Campground with showers and just stood under the HW enjoying the feeling.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
The Silver Cloud has been many miles already. We drove it back from OR during the hubby's spring break and got caught in a snowstorm.

CindyL
Where you guys out on the coast when you picked it up in Oregon in the spring? Around March 8th? I saw a Silver Cloud at or around Florence heading north. I was just heading back from California and had stopped for gas.

It caught my attention as I know there are not many around and I have friends with one who were due to return from points further south..... know it was not them as the truck was a different make & colour.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:16 PM   #8

Registry
No, we were on the road during the week of April 11.

CindyL
Old 09-27-2016, 06:50 PM   #9

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Even I, the UHaul fanatic, fell instantly in love with Kevin and Cindy's awsome Silver Cloud!!! It is a great trailer
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:11 PM   #10

Registry
I wish we were taking it out this weekend. We will take it to IA the following weekend to see my mother's new house and then putting it to bed until FL at Xmas. We hope though that we do get some weekends yet where we can finish the washing, Poliglow, and removal of the stickers before we have to cover it up.

CindyL
Old 09-28-2016, 05:22 AM   #11

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Stude, this is the even more elusive 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud. Only 12 were ever made!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:37 AM   #12

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Silver CLoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Stude, this is the even more elusive 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud. Only 12 were ever made!
:Never ever saw one of those seen lots of all the others but that is a new one to me.'
Stude.
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #13

Registry
We finished the Poliglow. Now, it only needs new stickers and some additional tweaks inside, and it is done. Here are pix including a before image. We tried to get it done on Columbus day, but we ran out of day, so we finished it up the next day, so you can see what it looked like with a before the Poliglow image and afterwards images.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1538.jpg   IMG_1537.jpg  

IMG_1536.jpg   IMG_1533.jpg  

Old 10-14-2016, 04:34 PM   #14

Registry
Oops, they are backwards, but you can figure that out.

CindyL
Old 10-14-2016, 05:43 PM   #15

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
I believe we neglected to answer a question earlier about the interior height. Without actually measuring it, I fit easily at 6' tall and our 6'5" son in law didn't touch the ceiling, either. He might have just brushed the AC going under it. Lot's of room!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud