My new surfside...too me at least - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 1978 Surfside
Hey guys I'm somewhat new here, been on the site for a little while and have talked back and forth with some of you. Here's what I got, a '79 Surfside, picked it up a month ago now and have been doing some work on it as I find the time. Fridge, furance, stove, breaks and lights all work. I've painted the inside, removed one of the windows due to a leak, removed and replacing all the foam and curtains. The only thing that I'm not sure what do to with is the back window. Both have been silicone closed and as you can see that one has been replaced with an ulgy piece of plexiglass. I'm thinking of just replacing the whole back window with one piece of plexiglass but not sure if thats the way to go. Any thoughts on anything I should be doing with the trailer let me know.

thanks in advance
Kent
Attached Thumbnails
img1498cd2.jpg   img1501lx4.jpg  

img1505qt1.jpg   img1504xv5.jpg  

img1512wo7.jpg  
kentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:03 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
The only thing that I'm not sure what do to with is the back window.
I'm thinking of just replacing the whole back window with one piece of plexiglass but not sure if thats the way to go.
I think you might welcome being able to open that window properly. If it were me, I'd take the window out of the trailer, and disassemble it, fix the crank out mechanism, properly replace the missing pane, and then reinstall it.

That could be a tall order for someone, though.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1984
Hi Kent!
I enjoyed your pictures,[ BUT the programme you used came with a ton of SPAM.]
You're trailer looks great. I would question your reason for making the end windows solid.??
That's the way most of our Bolers are made and it really reduces the amount of air that can ventilate in the summer.Think about the volume of air that only two little side windows give.We keep getting bigger and better fans. Fix them up and keep them water-tight and I think that you'll really apreciate them.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:03 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Hi Kent!
I enjoyed your pictures, BUT the programme you used came with a ton of SPAM.
I unlinked the pictures. So no spam NOW.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surfside