Decorate Inside Scamp Door - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #21

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Have you considered having the door recovered?

Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #22

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
The older trailers had a sort of vinyl inside covering. Yes there is some wood in there. But be careful if you drill holes to mount anything you don't go through.

I mark the drill bit with a bit of masking tape at the depth I want to stop at.

You can of course rivet hooks or hangers to the door, it's what the curtain rod hooks are held on with on my scamp.

I would avoid having much additional weight on the door going down the road. My concern is the extra weight would be magnified going over bumps and either pull out fasteners or put too much strain on the hinges.

Those pouches for small items sound like they would be easy to just un-hook and roll up to stow while traveling.

Someplace on the forum I saw pictures of small narrow baskets that someone hung from the fiberglass surface with those suction cup hooks for window sun catchers. Don't think the suction cups would work but the small baskets might work with hooks fastened to the door. Again easy to remove and stow for travel so the door and hooks don't take the pounding of going down the road.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #23

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
For every person that talks about hanging stuff from Rat Fur or Ensolite walls we have another posting asking about how to glue it back up. The walls are NOT like your home and the glue is only to hold the covering up.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. YMMV
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #24

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
How did you fasten the trash can to the Escape door?
Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #25

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
For every person that talks about hanging stuff from Rat Fur or Ensolite walls we have another posting asking about how to glue it back up. The walls are NOT like your home and the glue is only to hold the covering up.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. YMMV

LOL your right Donna sorry - I mostly hang things like key holders and small photo frames and a small basket that holds my stereo and tv remotes etc - none of them have come away from the wall .... but then again they have only been up for about 5 years or so...
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #26

Trailer: 2007 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
I found lots of options using cubicle clips. They are typically used on the walls of office cubicles...the kind with fabric on them.
Google:
cubicle clips
and for a wider range of options Google
Fellows Plastic partitions accessories.
Attached Thumbnails
Cubicle Clips.jpg   Cubicle Clip accessories for rat-fur attachment s.jpg  

Fran L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:41 PM   #27

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
It's kinda funny that I haven't taken any photos of my Scamp door even though I decorate it to go with my interior theme each time I change it. Mostly, I just have the original short, shirred curtain in the window. Then I'll hang a novelty item that shows from the outside (when the door is closed) or from the inside. Among the hangings I've had are a tin sign that says "No muddy boots allowed inside", a Native American dream-catcher, a red, white and blue star for the 4th of July, and many more.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp