High Resolution BURRO DECAL - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Burro, HELIO
Washington
Registry
High Resolution BURRO DECAL

I have been looking for a high resolution Burro Decal logo so I can restore my Burro decal. I found a site in NY but the prices are SUPER HIGH (more than $70) High Def decals can be purchased for $7 if there is a high resolution copy. Does anyone have a high resolution version of the BURRO decal? if not, I may make one using modern graphic design tools on my PC. Let me know! I'd love to save myself the time but if one doesn't exist I'll be glad to design and make one. Since the company is out of business there probably isn't a copyright violation. Besides, other companies print them up, so why shouldn't our community enjoy an affordable solution?
Old 09-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
How hi res? I had graphics guy I know develop the Burro profile alone to full scale from a digital foto I took. You can see it over there to the left of this message block. All he needed besides the foto was a controlling measurement, either width or height depending whether side application or gravel guard. The commercial vinyl cutters on the net allow you to make your own spec file to which they cut. I did "BURRO" in text to replace lettering only in my left side logo. Stock font was close enuf in aspect ratio and design that you can't tell replacement from original because you can only see one side at a time. The spec submission form allowed me to control letter spacing to tweak the aspect ratio slightly from what the stock font provided. I believe you're on the right track. No reason a logo shouldn't be reasonably priced at a time when graphics shops proliferate on the net and in large and small cities.

Jack
Old 09-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Just save yourself the grief, get your logo from these folks... any color... Burro Camper Decals

Just because the company isn't currently in business doesn't mean they don't own the copywrite for the logo...

Just check out Boler... yeah, the business is long gone, but someone owns the business name and the LOGO!

Which means you can probably design and print it out for yourself, but don't share it here on FiberglassRV.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Registry
Graphics for vinyl cutters (plotters) should be vector graphics, which are resolution-independent (as opposed to bitmaps, which have a defined maximum resolution). Vector graphics are infinitely scalable with no change to quality. "Business card to billboard" is the saying I coined on this when I was in the graphics industry.

As far as copyright, production of graphic files and vinyl decals for personal use would not be a copyright violation. It's when you try to make money on the copyrighted material, or infringe on the copyright holder's ability to make money from it, that can make you run afoul of the law.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Just sharing the information without changing money, can be a violation. Just talk to those that build fonts.....
Old 09-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Registry
That's because a font/typeface is a digital product just like software. The minute you share/disseminate the data file for a font that someone else produced, you are infringing on the content creator's right to profit from it. A corporate brand is not a "digital software product". You can create digital files of corporate brands all day long for your own personal use and not be in violation of copyright laws. The minute you share it though, you MAY be in violation of the copyright.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:54 AM   #7

Washington
Registry
Burro Door Lock

Can I impose on the Burro community to help me with the selection of a new door lock? The door lock on my Burro is old and no longer works. Is there a facimile available anywhere that will fit and work? I'd like to be able to lock it when I'm inside and when I'm away. Right now, my handle will engage with the hook inside but it won't lock and I don't have a key. Any ideas?
Old 09-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #8

Washington
Registry
They charge $75 plus an additional $13, plus shipping and tax. Once you have the graphic it costs $7.50 on BUILD A SIGN made on high quality clear vinyl. I think I'll make my own, it's not hard. The internet makes anything possible! I don't mind paying someone a fair price but the company you mentioned has outrageous prices.
Besides, it's fun to build them! You learn something new. I'm not worried about the copyright.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #9

Delaware
Old 09-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #10

Delaware
1. Locksmith can make new key. $$$$$$$$
2. Find and purchase used or NOS Bargman. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
3. Fill in the reveal for the Bargman and change to an available paddle latch/deadbolt lockset. $$ for the lockset. On your own filling the depression and refinishing (paint), adding filler between skins of the door and remortising/fitting. Could be a mess that costs $$$$$$$$$ and time to make right. Only you can make the bet on your own mechanical ability. Jack

Tags
burro