Want to visit an Egg - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #21

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Sallye, Just a few comments from another happy EggCamper owner. We live in central Alabama, so if you happen to be planning a vacation to the Florida panhandle, we might be on your way and would love to show you ours. It's a 2010, still pretty much as it left the factory. We use it more like a hard-shell tent with indoor plumbing and A/C to combat the Summer heat down here. Lots of headroom and elbow room. We were a little concerned initially that the bed was a few inches narrower than a "full" (which is what we're used to), but we purchased (through Camping World) a Parklane RV "Euro" mattress (made in Oregon) in the size they call a "Short-Full" (49" x 74") with 6" innercoil springs topped by 4" of memory foam, and we love it. We've even mentioned getting a similar mattress for home. I don't see where Parklane still offers the "Euro", but they have a similar design under the "Explorer" name that looks like a 5" coil + 3" foam design (8" total). Ours is all electric - modified by a previous owner to have three 12V batteries mounted on the tongue. It came with a microwave mounted under the overhead storage cabinet just over the countertop. Not having a built-in gas cooktop frees up a lot of countertop space, and we have a 110V electric hotplate if needed or just grill outside. One other "luxury" appliance we like to take along is an electric teapot for boiling water for coffee, tea, hot cereal, etc., and then use the rest for washing dishes. That keeps us from taxing the hot water heater and microwave. Anyway, I hope you can locate an EggCamper in your area to "tour", and I'm sure, like us, you'll appreciate how open and roomy it feels inside. Again, we absolutely love ours and haven't had a single problem with it that one wouldn't expect from normal use and that we haven't been able to fix ourselves. Happy hunting!!
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #22

Name: Sally
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Massachusetts
War Eagle - your electric teapot idea is great. I was thinking of taking one of those instead of a coffee maker, since it can make both coffee (Moleta method) and tea. And thank you for the offer to see yours. We aren't likely to travel to Florida, at least not until AFTER we buy something, Ha!
Sallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #23

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallye View Post
War Eagle - your electric teapot idea is great. I was thinking of taking one of those instead of a coffee maker, since it can make both coffee (Moleta method) and tea. And thank you for the offer to see yours. We aren't likely to travel to Florida, at least not until AFTER we buy something, Ha!
Sallye, My wife and I like good strong, fresh-ground, fresh-brewed coffee (like Peet's Coffee Aged Sumatra and French Roast, if you're familiar). But when we're camping, we find it hard to beat the convenience and flavor of those little individual Starbucks VIA single-serving instant coffee packets. They take up almost no room - and there's no measuring, no grinding, no filter to wait on or strainer to clean - just dump a packet in a mug, add hot water from the teapot, stir, and you're good to go. If you haven't tried them already, you might want to give them a try. Sorry if that sounded like a paid advertisement, but they are fast, easy, good and work for us. And we're pretty particular about our coffee.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper