A new Escape on the Horizon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
I'm going to have to sell my Casita and buy an Escape 19.
I just resigned from my archeological duties and will not be taking a trailer 50 miles one way on Arizona rock roads anymore so I can go more highway tame this time.
No to mention so much bigger!!
I'm going to option for the front bed and rear dinette... 16" more cabinet space going back.
No Air conditioning
No microwave

Any caveats on the 19?
or Escape in general?

ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Registry
No negative things I know of! As the matter of fact, I just ordered an Escape 17'B last week... Now I just have to wait until Spring 2010...
Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Any caveats on the 19?
or Escape in general?
Yes, quite a few.

- You will probably end up being way too happy with it
- The existing owners group is an overly exuberant bunch (all that happiness is WAY too much to handle )
- Others will be jealous
- And so on..........

Congrats on your decision Ron, you will be a Happy Camper (pun intended).

Yours will be the first I have heard of going with the front bed, but it really makes good sense if you are single, the added cabinet space will be a joy.

Come on over to the Escape Forums for a visit. Lots of good ideas abound there amongst the owners, those waiting while their units are being built, and a few wannabe's (you know who you are, right DD )
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #4

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We too had thought that a front bed and rear dinnette was the way to go. When you are sitting down to dinner you don't want to look at the back of your TV but out at the scenery. Let us know how it comes out. We hope to get one in a year or two.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #5

Quote:
We too had thought that a front bed and rear dinnette was the way to go. When you are sitting down to dinner you don't want to look at the back of your TV but out at the scenery. Let us know how it comes out. We hope to get one in a year or two.
Since you have a Casita I think you can probably envision the front bed Esacpe 19.
What is it?
44x 80?
That's about the same sleeping width and a little longer sleeping length than your Casita.
I am not sure what the queen size bed buys a couple but as a mostly single traveler I have no need for it.

Come to think of it I'll wager that the Escape front bed is easier to get in and out of.
If you look at the floor plan and if you sleep with pillows on the drivers side it would be much easier to get out of that bed than it would be in a Casita because it is foot-clear on the door side.

Take a look

Just swing your feet out naturally.
You cant do that in our Casitas
Old 08-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I am not sure what the queen size bed buys a couple but [b]as a mostly single traveler I have no need for it.
I know of others like you who have trailers with similar floorplans who feel the same!

While the standard Escape 19 has a permanent rear bed, having it made as a convertible dinette/bed sounds as an Eggsellent idea.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #7

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Sounds like an awesome plan Ron. So do they change the rear permanent bed into a U dinette or benches when they do that? What's the time frame on getting a 19 delivered now?
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:07 AM   #8

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Just curious as to why you'd order a new camper without A/C, Ron. (You have it in your current Casita, right?)
Though we've only used our A/C a few times, it's a welcome relief when we need it.
I can understand the lack of microwave. A microwave is easy to add later on if you decide you want one.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #9

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Ron....
I have never really looked into the "Escape" real good until your post and knowing you travel alot i just had to give a look see and i am very impressed with it as it looks like it has no outside rivets like casita scamp etc and that new 15' model would work perfectly for me..... the only thing i couldn't figure out is the wall covering on the inside...... looks like a vinyl headliner type material which means it's single wall construction?______ Unlike say a "Burro" and it looks like they have drainage holes down bottom in case the shell ever develpos a leak between the shell and the headliner (really good idea). NICE TRAILER and the weights seem real good too

Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Quote:
Ron....
I have never really looked into the "Escape" real good until your post and knowing you travel alot i just had to give a look see and i am very impressed with it as it looks like it has no outside rivets like casita scamp etc and that new 15' model would work perfectly for me..... the only thing i couldn't figure out is the wall covering on the inside...... looks like a vinyl headliner type material which means it's single wall construction?______ Unlike say a "Burro" and it looks like they have drainage holes down bottom in case the shell ever develpos a leak between the shell and the headliner (really good idea). NICE TRAILER and the weights seem real good too

Joe
Joe,
We got to tour the new 19 ft. Escape when Reace and Tammy were at the Bandon, Oregon meet and the headliner is a space-age type vinyl insulation, it almost feels like "pleather". Escape has drainage holes, like Bigfoot to take care of the moisture problems. We have had a Burro, a Casita, and now have a couple of Bigfoot's and 2 other orphans trailers. We are impressed with the quality and finish work in the build that Escape does and the lighter weight is a real selling point. We also toured the factory last year when they had an open house for the Ft. Langley, BC. Rally group. They are wonderful honest people that make a great product. BTW: Escape warranties their trailers for 2 years and you don't need to take it back to Canada for warranty work.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #11

Trailer: 19 ft Escape
Hi Ron

Congratulations on your ordering your new Escape. Know you'll love it. We leave on September 1st, final destination southern Utah, possibly northern Arizona. We'll be travelling with friends in a 73 Boler. Will give you a call if we get to Kanab.
Ellen Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #12

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Sherry, the Escapes are made ready for A/C should you ever want to add one. I opted out too, though if I do much travel further south I will add one. It does require an additional shroud put on for added support for the single walled roof.

Joe, it is a single wall construction, and Escape uses an open cell foam that they have had a vinyl fabric glued to for them. It is a nice colour, and is real easy to clean.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #13

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Jim, Deb ....
thanks for the feedback and that escape is definately on my mind for when we move back out west.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Sounds like an awesome plan Ron. So do they change the rear permanent bed into a U dinette or benches when they do that? What's the time frame on getting a 19 delivered now?
1-I just talked to Rease and they are reserving a june 2010 for me.
That gives me the whole spring to sell my Casita.
2- the dinette in the rear is the same as the dinette in the front. Same seating and all.
3- I want extra clearance so he will raise the axles two inches.

I need to get photos of the rear dinette cabinet changes... i want to see how the 15" expansion effects the whole layout

Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
So Ron, you are getting a 19 foot with the 44 inch wide bed/dinette up front and a same size dinette in back and additional cabinets to fill the space leftover? That sounds great for you. Seems like Escape really works for their customers.
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:45 AM   #16

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Lots of good ideas abound there amongst the owners, those waiting while their units are being built, and a few wannabe's (you know who you are, right DD )
that must be me
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:49 AM   #17

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
1-I just talked to Rease and they are reserving a june 2010 for me.
So, does that mean you'll hang out in the PNW for a while so you can attend the Oregon Gathering in July???
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:54 AM   #18

Quote:
Well it doesn't really work out like that.
One would suspect that if you saved 16" in rear bed width you would get 16" in lengthened cabinetry.
Nope
Rease told me you can push the cabinetry back no more than about 10 inches or it starts to cover up the rear window.

So

Just thinking here:
Instead on lengthening the cabinetry why not add a 16" counter top, one on each side?
That will fit under the windows.
You could have drawers or a door.
I can always use more counter top space to put things on so that I forget to put them away so that they fall on the floor when I tow down the road..
That would be cool.
Also I think it would keep it airy and open looking.
Maybe only 12" so its easier to get in and out of the dinette.

I would love to measure every piece of it and put it in my CAD system.
A solids model maybe.

Anyway now just messing around.
I'll get with imagineer, Rease early next year.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:58 AM   #19

Quote:
Just curious as to why you'd order a new camper without A/C, Ron. (You have it in your current Casita, right?)
Though we've only used our A/C a few times, it's a welcome relief when we need it.
I can understand the lack of microwave. A microwave is easy to add later on if you decide you want one.
Sherry

I tend not to go into hot country in the summer.
Particular attention should be given the chosen verb.

Donna, please cut and past those old posts here!

LOL

But I think, and I'll have to check further, that the trailer has "hard points" and wiring all set up to add an AC later should I choose to add the weight and the drag.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:02 PM   #20

Quote:
So, does that mean you'll hang out in the PNW for a while so you can attend the Oregon Gathering in July???
Only if I get some fresh Oregon fruits and vegetables.

Tags
escape