New Burro owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2018, 11:53 PM   #1

Name: Jacqi
Trailer: Burro
Washington
New Burro owner

Hi my name is Jacqi, I live in Washington State. I just bought an 83 Burro. There’s quite a bit of work to get her ready for the first camping trip. I’m hoping to find some tips from you folks that know a bit about these cute trailers so I don’t reinvent the wheel. Aside from replacing the 1983 foam, where is a good place to start? Where is a good place to find parts? Thanks in advance! Hope to see some of you out there!
Jacqi Fitting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:23 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV Jacqi and I have a few tips for you using this site. We've got a lot of info to pass on but you can help us help you. For different questions, start a new thread for it. Asking a few on the same thread kind of looses an answer with the mix. If you're asking about a certain fitting or item, a picture really helps us out as sometimes the names one person uses isn't really correct...vent cover and hatch cover is one example. Now, bring on the questions .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:50 AM   #3

Name: Gregg
Trailer: 1985 Burro 13ft.
Arizona
Fellow Burro owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqi Fitting View Post
Hi my name is Jacqi, I live in Washington State. I just bought an 83 Burro. There’s quite a bit of work to get her ready for the first camping trip. I’m hoping to find some tips from you folks that know a bit about these cute trailers so I don’t reinvent the wheel. Aside from replacing the 1983 foam, where is a good place to start? Where is a good place to find parts? Thanks in advance! Hope to see some of you out there!
We have an 1982 Burro that I have owned for probably twenty years. We have done some modifications to suit our needs. We will be attending rally in Lynden Wa. Sept 8th-10th. We will be pulling from Az.Maybe meet up and share ideas.Not to many of us Burro owners around.
Gregg Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:39 PM   #4

Name: Annie
Trailer: Parkliner
Oregon
Quote:
Hi Jacqi, I have a 81 Burro in Oregon that I am finishing a full restoration. The only thing I didnt have to do was replace the plywood floor, everything else has been replaced/patched and painted. Windows and axle will be replaced next year.

If you have any questions ask away. We are all here to help.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:00 PM   #5

Washington
My Burro has a cover over the center seam that is coming off. The pictures I have seen of other Burros don’t appear to have this. Mine clearly needs to be either removed or replaced. If replaced, with what?
Old 08-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #6

Oregon
Quote:
My Burro has a cover over the center seam that is coming off. The pictures I have seen of other Burros don’t appear to have this. Mine clearly needs to be either removed or replaced. If replaced, with what?
Ok, I think this is what your talking about. These pictures where from last summer of fixing the mess on the roof of my Burro. My vent went over the center seam. I replaced my vent with another 14inch vent I ordered from eTrailer. Some have replaced their vent with a MaxiFan. I used 1.5inch square fiberglass tube to make a frame to raise the vent instead of presure treated wood. I know the instructions are part of a thread but I will have to search for it. Is this what your talking about?Click image for larger version

Name:	20170713_124138.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	123607Click image for larger version

Name:	20170713_124238.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	123608Click image for larger version

Name:	20170713_125437.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	123609
Old 08-21-2018, 04:36 PM   #7

Washington
Oh my goodness! I feel fortunate! My seam is just covered with some u shaped white channel that is peeling off.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:32 PM   #8

Oregon
Quote:
Oh my goodness! I feel fortunate! My seam is just covered with some u shaped white channel that is peeling off.
Oh boy was my guess wrong. The white channel is called Trim Lok. If I remember correctly its 3/8" x 1/2", please double check the size I might be wrong. You can order it by the foot from Trim Lok in black. I dont remember the companies name that sells it in white.

I spent last summer removing all the mess that was in the photos and repainted last October. Looks much better now.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:45 PM   #9

Name: Christina
Nevada
I'm also a New Burro Owner

Hello all. I'm also a new-to-me Burro owner. It's a 1982 in pretty good shape. The exterior and seams seem good. The interior is great, but needs a makeover. There are issues with the door, older windows and the floor, but my husband and I are willing to put in a few months work to get Burrito up to speed. I'll be posting a few photos and questions soon. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1209.jpg  
viajera80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro