Parkliner or Eggcamper? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
SOMEONE replaced the curtain for the bathroom with an accordian door. Frankly (IMHO) that's a better solution. Let me see if I can find the thread.... no promises.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #22

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Ive got a ParkLiner, and am very happy with it. The ac unit, is a bit underpowered, but I put a turbo fan on the floor blowing up towards the bed and after about a half an hour its pretty comfortable. It wont get freezing in there, but it certainly pulls the humidity out and makes it much more comfortable inside. I was out camping in it last weekend and friday night at midnite it was saying it was 95' outside, and I was nice an comfortable inside in the upper 70's. I might try swapping out the 5k btu ac for a same sized 8k btu unit I have in my bedroom. Im sure 3k more btu's will make a difference.

I like that the ParkLiner has a door to the bathroom, not a curtain. I like to think of the bathroom as a separate room...not that people cant hear what your doing in there with the door closed... with just a curtain separating it, just seems like no privacy. Now Jim did a nice job of decorating his, I think its just too sterile inside the egg camper for me.

to each their own!
It can't be too difficult to swap in a bigger AC unit.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #23

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
not hard... just need the money to buy a 10k or 12k btu unit to replace my 8k window unit lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #24

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
I was sort of astounded the first trip I took inside an EggCamper!
The sense of open space inside is the feature I have not seen since or before and needs to be seen/felt in person to appreciate.
Ed

I agree!

I have only been in Orlen and Carolyn Wolf's EggCamper and was amazed at the interior room. 4 adults and a fur baby or two. Still had room to move.

Second time I was in their EggCamper there were 5 adults, a fur baby (Radar) with a couple of teenagers coming in and out if I remember correctly! Still room enough not to feel completely cramped!

As far as interior glass, I liked it. But what cracks me up is that every glass interior application has haters! Carpet, Ensolite, etc etc etc.... To me glass would be easier to deal with than carpet 30 years from now..........
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #25
GPJ

Name: GP
Trailer: Looking
British Columbia
To me, the Parkliner looks very much like a smaller Eggcamper. Both have the bright (or sterile - depending upon your perspective) interiors, wood cupboard doors, an almost identical floorplan (and both have the bathroom at the end which makes them look bigger inside than mid-bath units). I agree that the bathroom curtain on the Eggcamper makes it look like an exposed shower stall, but as Donna points out, that can be simply changed (it's just a partial piece of plywood on a Parkliner after all).

The whole gas vs. electric debate continues, but I thought that while Eggcamper prefers to produce all electric units (like Snoozy), Eggcamper would produce a propane unit if requested. Both seem like fine, practical units.
GPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #26

Trailer: 2007 Casita
To add to the interior room of the EggCamper, after visiting in the Wolf's EggCamper we all walked over and went into our Casita. Believe me, the four of us weren't anywhere near as comfortable in the Casita as we were in the EggCamper! Heres a pic that Orlen took of our trailers side by side. Certainly show's you the height difference compard to my Casita on the left...
Attached Thumbnails
eggsonroad.JPG  
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:30 AM   #27

Name: Jason
Trailer: Egg Camper
Tennessee
I had my ac unit out to investigate upgrading - there is a lot of room for a bigger unit in the EggCamper.

Wife and I recently put up the kick out shower rod in ours. Makes a huge difference in show room. Remember the shower is against the front curved wall and a hard door forces you against it.

Jason
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #28

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
With us the shower curtain isn't an issue at all. We've been married over 45 years and a curtain is more privacy than we're used to even at home
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:01 AM   #29

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I had a opaque shower door in my Eggcamper, worked nice.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:14 AM   #30

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I had a opaque shower door in my Eggcamper, worked nice.
The ones I like have had the glass shower door like Jims which I also prefer.
I would think that changing out the Bath door would be a very easy mod too.

On the other hand I have never taken a shower in one and didn't think about the end shape causing the bath to be cramped?
Makes sense though,maybe the soft door would work better and be worth the aesthetics?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:19 AM   #31

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
The Eggcamper's volume is impressive however Robin's picture, post 26 is very telling, no front or rear windows.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:24 AM   #32

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
The Eggcamper's volume is impressive however Robin's picture, post 26 is very telling, no front or rear windows.
This is really what talked me out of buying an EggCamper when I had a chance.

I like laying in bed and gazing out the window in the morning too much.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #33

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
The lack of windows , only being offered in all electric version and their unwillingness to modify or offer any customer desired options convinced me to look elsewhere . This weekend we were camping off grid in Wisconsin and Saturday mornings temps dropped to 41 DEG F ,sure was nice to have a propane furnace to take the chill off and a propane cook top to make HOT coffee
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:12 AM   #34

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Which company is better to deal with, i.e., returns phone calls, email, etc?

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #35

Pennsylvania
Registry
There are pro's and con's to this. Less windows means less chance of leaks and more privacy. In addition the rear street side is an awning window, can be left open in the rain. There is a vent over the bed which I installed a clear vent cover. At night there was a nice moon glow. The other vent had a fantastic fan installed with a clear vent cover. I felt very secure without that back window. I also installed an opening door window, so at night there was cross ventilation.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #36

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Which company is better to deal with, i.e., returns phone calls, email, etc?

Frank
Definitely EggCamper, Jim Palmer posts his cell phone, I have talked with him while he was at breakfast (forgot about the time zone difference) and while he was eating dinner.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #37

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
If we lived in our camper instead of just use it for occasional recreational outings, I might feel differently about this, but the window issue really seems to me to be a lot to do about nothing, (or at least nothing much). We go camping to enjoy the outdoors, not sit inside and look out. And as far as a window over the bed, I don't understand that, because that's exactly where the EggCamper has the windows! A large one over the head and another one over the foot of the bed. They don't have one in the back, but in almost all the state park sites that we have seen, that would open up to nothing but a row of bushes. They do have another window at the side dinette, where you can look out as you eat or sit at the table.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #38

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
[Quote:]They don't have one in the back, but in almost all the state park sites that we have seen, that would open up to nothing but a row of bushes.[Unquote:]

That's what I tell the kids driving down the road...........
"Look at all the beeeeeeeeee-UUUU-tiful trees................."
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #39

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If you go with eggcamper be aware of the wafer thin cushions. Last I read, you have to pay extra for the standard thickness foam cushion found in most other RV's. Don't know if that is still the case for 2013 but just wanted to pass the heads up along if you place and order. Keep us posted on what you decide.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #40

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I like lots of windows because they allow ventilation. Ifits raining and I cant open the roof vents, then I need lots of open windows for air flow.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper, parkliner