Now just wait a "Minit"! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #1

Name: Christopher
Trailer: 1998 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Oregon
Hey gang,

Anyone see that show "History Detectives"? I need to get my trailer on that show, because I need more information about it. Now, I don't think Richard Nixon or Jim Morrison owned my trailer, but I am interested about the company that once made it.

This is what I know:

It was made in August 1973 in Hawaiian Gardens, California on Centralia Rd. by "Beta Design Company." I assume it was a company copying the Boler design, since our trailer looks a lot like a Boler. Anyway, that's all I know. I know one person contacted me way back when about a Minit he bought. I've contacted history people in Hawaiian Gardens about this, but no one has replied. They most likely see I'm from Oregon and/or think I'm off my rocker.

Does anyone know anything about this trailer company? What would be cool is to find an old owner's manual or other literature about the trailer.

The mystery continues...

Click image for larger version

Name:	chubrear.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	9266
Before

Name:	DSCN0907.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	9268
After

Name:	DSCN0906.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	9269
Manufacturer's stamp left of door
Sitah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:58 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Minit
Oregon
Do you still have this? What part of Oregon? My wife and I purchased #0254, used, in the mid 1970s. Still own it, but it's at our sons place, now. Never found much about Beta Design.
Rock Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
That's a pretty cool manufacture stamp looks like they had there kids etch it on to a piece of sheet metal no graphic design team needed.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #4

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
California
I might get one in two weeks.

This web page story talks about the company.

https://sites.google.com/site/dryflyorama/

Jen
Gennaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:28 PM   #5

Name: Hannah
Trailer: MINIT
Michigan
This thread was 5 years ago, but if anyone still is on it. I have a 72 serial number 251 MINIT.
HannyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 10:19 AM   #6

Name: Paul
Trailer: Minit
California
I have a Minit!

Hey Chris,
We have a '73 Minit that we got this summer and also took it to Yellowstone and Montana, we are on our way back down to AZ now.

I have most of the original paperwork for mine, and from what I can put together, in 1974, beta designs was bought by Perris Pacer about an hour or so away from Hawaiian gardens. The Perris Pacers in 1974 actually still say "Minit" on the trailer.

This is why it is so hard to find info on the Minit, they were only made by beta for a year. But Perris Pacer continues until the 80's.

Ours is still mostly original, and I wasn't sure about changing the color and things or just restoring the finish to be original.
Paulnevi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
minit