Kona Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2019, 06:33 PM   #1

Name: Laureen
Trailer: Casita Liberty 16' I think?
California
Kona Casita

I am renovating our 17' Casita Delux that was in pieces when we got it. It will get shipped to Hawaii and be driven to our property in the Ka'u desert to live in while we get the yurt put up. The toilet will be hooked into the sewer. We will have an outdoor shower and kitchen so we only need 110 to plug in my Bipap, lights, microwave, fridge and AC. On demand water heater for the kitchen and bathroom sinks. What am I missing?

I have to remove the heavy grey carpet that is too thick on the walls and ceiling and I will do peel and stick foam panels in seafoam on the walls with extra spray adhesive after painting the walls in white glue to seal any old adhesive particles that act like they're stuck but aren't.

Basically it's a bedroom and toilet.
DocRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:17 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Why don't you buy a boat in Hawaii and save the shipping? You wouldn't have to remove the wheels, for one thing.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:07 PM   #3

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Why don't you buy a boat in Hawaii and save the shipping? You wouldn't have to remove the wheels, for one thing.
Because I have 3 acres and it won't cost a thing to stay there. Plus I bought 2 properties in Sicily 13000 euros and I'm buying a third 4000 euros that I'm renovating which is chewing through my cash flow.

Have you tried to rent a boat slip in Hawaii? I don't think I can get a boat for the shipping cost of $1075.

😏
Old 10-03-2019, 12:04 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Since you're not planning on towing the trailer, I assumed you could plant a boat on your property instead, and not incur shipping. I'm sure Hawaii is littered with unused boats.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:05 AM   #5

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Since you're not planning on towing the trailer, I assumed you could plant a boat on your property instead, and not incur shipping. I'm sure Hawaii is littered with unused boats.
As cool as the idea is to redo a boat instead. I love my little Casita and a trailer on the island is rare so selling it if I wanted to would give me my investment back.

I also need to sleep in it the first night so finding a boat and fixing it up and 5 dogs and, and, and...

My truck is a 4 cylinder Toyota and I would have to pay someone to move the boat. Retirement means simplifying.

Tags
casita