Rebuilding a 1990 Casita Freedom Deluxe Need Toilet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2019, 02:28 PM   #1

Name: Jerry
Trailer: Casita
New Mexico
Rebuilding a 1990 Casita Freedom Deluxe Need Toilet

I have started rebuilding a 1990 Freedom Deluxe. Everything is stripped out to the fiberglass skin... A bigger project than I first thought... Working on identifying pieces and parts to put it back together. I cannot find the toilet with it's integrated tank... Dometic has a SeaLand 711-M28 Toilet but looks like it does not have that bottom dump fitting. The old SeaLand 911 model tank is a two part tank, has been repaired once and is probably not a good bet for repair and the valve assembly parts cost about half what an entire unit is priced.

Anyone know where I can get a similar integrated toilet and tank? I have sent a request to Casita but so far no answer.

I am also looking for door hinges and latch hardware for the older model curved door.

And third, I am planning on using aluminized on both sides "prodex" 2mm insulation (R-17) (it is similar to aluminum bubble insulation but more efficient) with carpet on top... any ideas for carpet would be appreciated.
gaharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Don't email Casita, call them via telephone. You may never get an answer to your email.

I recently DID get an answer to an email I sent to Casita over FIVE years ago.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:56 AM   #3

Name: BenjaminL
Trailer: Casita
Maryland
Scamp is still using sealand 711 toilet with bottom fitting. The toilet and black tank can be bought from Scamp’s Web site. I would think it is available from other sources as well. The side discharge ones are for boat. The bottom discharge ones are for RV.
Travel Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita