Covering your egg...... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2010, 04:51 AM   #21

Trailer: 84 U-Haul CT
cover your egg

I hope that yours will work as well as mine does. Not a top of the line cover, but I believe worth its value. I really like it. Much, much better than the blue plastic tarp that I had been using.

Marty D
Marty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #22

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
Here is mine from elitemotoronline for $149.00

I also think it is nice for the money, I'll report how it holds up this winter.

Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #23

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16'
North Dakota
Registry
Ordered mine today, can't wait to get it.
2005 Chevrolet Extended Cab Silverado
Tezha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #24

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Smile

We covered our Boler for the past three winters here in the Great White North with a summer screen house that had poles to keep the material off the trailer. It worked very well, although it damaged the grass in our back yard and I had to sometimes brush off the snow.

However, for the new trailer (1980 Trillium) we are going to leave it exposed over the winter. The Trillium manual (in the Document Center) says that “nothing needs to be done to the exterior for winter storage. If left outside, do not cover the Trillium with any kind of plastic sheet, as the sun’s ultra violet rays might cause the colour to fade.” Since they were made in Ontario, where it is not quite as cold but much more snow than Alberta, I figure that perhaps they knew something that I do not. We shall see.

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:46 AM   #25

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Has anybody considered shrink wrapping their trailer like they do boats for the winter?
Pros?
Cons?
Costs?
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #26

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
We covered our Boler for the past three winters here in the Great White North with a summer screen house that had poles to keep the material off the trailer. It worked very well, although it damaged the grass in our back yard and I had to sometimes brush off the snow.

However, for the new trailer (1980 Trillium) we are going to leave it exposed over the winter. The Trillium manual (in the Document Center) says that “nothing needs to be done to the exterior for winter storage. If left outside, do not cover the Trillium with any kind of plastic sheet, as the sun’s ultra violet rays might cause the colour to fade.” Since they were made in Ontario, where it is not quite as cold but much more snow than Alberta, I figure that perhaps they knew something that I do not. We shall see.

Rick G
Well, I take it back. After about three weeks of watching the Trillium get covered by falling leaves, passing birds and general frozen grime, I decided that this would not make me happy. Fortunately, this past weekend we got an unexpected reprieve from the cold weather, at least it went a couple of degrees above freezing for a few hours each day. So, I got out my 10 by 10 foot screen house we have used for the past three years on the Boler,, and changed the frame so that it was now 12 by 8 and a foot taller (the Trillium is longer and has more square corners than the Boler, requiring a higher frame at the sides to go over it). Then with time getting short on Sunday, I dragged over the screen house fabric and put up side walls and another screen house fabric that we had lying around to cover up the front part where it was longer than the original. It is not pretty, but it will work for this winter. Then next spring I will figure out a better cover for it, perhaps starting with a 12 by 8 tarp that will match the reconfigured frame. I thought of getting a temporary garage, which they had on sale for $150 at Canadian Tire. But when I got there, the thing was so heavy it took two people to lift it, and I decided that it was not for me. My wife is not crazy about the sloppy look in our back yard, and I may figure out a better top if the weather holds this weekend, we will see.

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #27

Name: Jason
Trailer: U-haul 13'
Wisconsin
Registry
Does anyone know the height of the elitemotoronline cover. I have an aftermarket AC unit on my 13' Uhaul and I'm worried the extra height may not help the cover fit. In the above photos it looks like there may be a bit of slack if my AC is a bit larger than the original cooler.
J.Baumgartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #28

Ohio
Registry
I have that cover and it will fit, I have a fan cover that is at least as high as a roof AC if not higher and the cover fits fine. Refer to the picture I posted above.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #29

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Baumgartner View Post
Does anyone know the height of the elitemotoronline cover. I have an aftermarket AC unit on my 13' Uhaul and I'm worried the extra height may not help the cover fit. In the above photos it looks like there may be a bit of slack if my AC is a bit larger than the original cooler.
I have the elite cover on my 17' Egg camper and it goes all the way to the bottom. Although I have no a/c on top if your unit is a 13' you should not have a problem.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #30

Wisconsin
Registry
Thanks for the help. I will order today. We just got 2' of snow last week in 24 hours and I want something nicer than a tarp.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #31

Wisconsin
Registry
Thanks- I see they sell two models, one for around $129 that is triple ply and a lighter version for around $65. Think I'll go heavier for the winter rather than trying to save on the lighter version and having it fall apart after one Wisconsin winter.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #32

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
Thumbs up Thanks Roy!

Roy, your the best! I'm ordering one of the Elitemotor covers for our brand new Escape today. It's $70 plus $36 shipping to Canada. Fiberglassrv is a great source of information for us neophytes!
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Link to Elitemotoronline's RV covers:
RV cover items - Elitemotoronline on eBay Stores!
reeves99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #33

Name: John
Trailer: 13' 2012 Scamp
Wisconsin
Opinions on the elitemotoronline cover now that you have a season in it?

Looking to decide tomorrow between it, CalMark, CoverGiant and California Car Cover.

I don't need hurricane wind proof. Winters will be store in a barn so just need bird **** protection more than anything. Summers will be outside near the garage - very sheltered from wind, but exposed to sun, rain and trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty D View Post
Here is an eBay site that seems to be pretty good. Over 4100 sales on covers for many different campers. Single and triple layer. Although I have an UHaul, they have a triple layer cover for the 13' Scamp that should fit. Zippered door, elastic edges and tie downs. I ordered mine yesterday and hope to have it at the first of the week. Their eBay name is Elitemotoronline. Put in #310255686143 (the one I ordered) and it will take you to their store site.

Marty

Deluxe Scamp 13' travel trailer Camper Cover
(cover will just cover the camper body and it is shorter than 13')
(Available all 13', 16' scamp travel trailer cover. Please check My store)

Features:

• Thick, triple-ply waterproof fabric top keeps out rain and snow while venting inside water vapor and condensation
  • Excellent for indoor and outdoor use especially in high moisture climates area
  • Fabric UV Treated for heat and sun protection and Breathable to avoid mildew and mold
  • Cover protects against rain, snow, UV rays, dirt, nicks and scratches
  • Double Stitched Seams Durability
  • Zippered side panel allows access to the camper door
  • Soft, Abrasion-Resistant polypropylene fabric side panels
  • Elastic hems and grommets with reinforced corners with straps and buckles for a snug fit and security
  • Free Storage Pouch Included
  • Two year warranty
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #34

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post

Looking to decide tomorrow between it, CalMark, CoverGiant and California Car Cover.

I don't need hurricane wind proof. Winters will be store in a barn so just need bird **** protection more than anything. Summers will be outside near the garage - very sheltered from wind, but exposed to sun, rain and trees.
Is "elitemotorline" fabric breathable? I did not find it in their description. I like Sunbrella fabric due to its breathability and proven long life, in marine world of canopies Sunberella type of fabric is used very often .
George.
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:31 AM   #35

Trailer: 84 U-Haul CT
Quote:

John,
So far the cover has been great. The fabric is of the type of material that breaths and has a double thickness on the top portion of it. The zipper has held up quite well even through multiple uses. For the price that I paid, I'm very pleased with this cover. Hope this helps.

Marty D.
Marty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #36

Name: John
Trailer: 13' 2012 Scamp
Wisconsin
Well, for $137.95 for the deluxe 13' scamp cover to my door, I'm willing to try it for a year. Will post back how I like it.

I agree that sunbrella rocks - used to own a sailboat and had my sail covers made out of that and it was great stuff.

But for the price, I can buy 4 of the cheap covers if needed and still be slightly ahead. If I was storing outside all winter long vs. barn storage, I'd spring for the CalMark. Cheap enough to gamble on it; sounds like it might be good enough.
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:11 AM   #37

Ohio
Registry
Quote:
Well, for $137.95 for the deluxe 13' scamp cover to my door, I'm willing to try it for a year. Will post back how I like it.

I agree that sunbrella rocks - used to own a sailboat and had my sail covers made out of that and it was great stuff.

But for the price, I can buy 4 of the cheap covers if needed and still be slightly ahead. If I was storing outside all winter long vs. barn storage, I'd spring for the CalMark. Cheap enough to gamble on it; sounds like it might be good enough.
I have one of these and it held up great through last years heavy snow in NE Ohio
Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #38

Trailer: 88 Cadet
I will be buying a portable shelter for my Cadet. I want to keep the snow off the roof and this is the netter option for me. They do make them to take the snow load but you should still clear it off.
Len Cater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #39

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
We've heard of several molded trailers where the roof caved in due to snow load. If it were me (and it's not) and I was worried about ANY snow load, I've put a brace inside from floor to ceiling. Just because someone else hasn't had a problem, doesn't mean YOU won't. My heart would break if I didn't take of the problem before it became a problem and my trailer was seriously damaged. A couple of 2x4s (made into an "I") would be a great piece of mind. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #40

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Roof bracing snow load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
We've heard of several molded trailers where the roof caved in due to snow load. If it were me (and it's not) and I was worried about ANY snow load, I've put a brace inside from floor to ceiling. Just because someone else hasn't had a problem, doesn't mean YOU won't. My heart would break if I didn't take of the problem before it became a problem and my trailer was seriously damaged. A couple of 2x4s (made into an "I") would be a great piece of mind. YMMV
DONNA : How many roof braces are necessary ? This is my first winter and I installed 3- 2" x 4" roof braces in my 16 ft. Scamp with front bath . One between the roof fan and roof vent , and one on either side of rooftop AC. Living in northern Wisconsin ,we can get lots of snow and I don't want to run out and clean the roof everytime it snows.

Thanks Steve Dunham
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, eggcamper