1973 Fiberglass Lovebug-Roanoke, VA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #1

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Black Lovebug

Name:   black_lovebug.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  5.9 KB

Quote:
Ok here is a 1973 Fiberglass camper made by Love
It has been refurbished last year in a 50`s motife with Hot Rod flamed curtains.
Satin black paint exterior with Hot Rod red steel wheels.
Inside we have replaced Ice box with electric fridge. Powder coated in black the stove cooktop. Intalled 12V lighting on both ends of the camper inside. All lights on exterior have been replaced with new plug in style clearance lites.Original interior propane gas light over stove and sink still works great.
AM/FM/CD player installed with two speakers which make it great to listen to while sitting around the campfire.
Bearings are packed and tires arer in great shape.All doors inside have been replaced with aluminum step plate materisl to add to that Hot Rod theme.
Inside trailer is too the right a sofa that sleeps one adult.Straight ahead is electric fridge with stove above it sink to the left of the stove.
In the rear of the trailer you find a almost double size bed that folds down from the full size dining table that will fit 4 adults and may be a couple little tykes. Table top has been covered with vintage license plates and topped with plexi glass.On the opposite wall from stove and sink you have the Stereo mounted above the closet area.Under the closet is the propane furnace. I have not tried the furnace because the only time I have used it it was warm enough outside. I did use the stove to break the chill at Charlotte swap meet last year.
I built this to pull behind my street rod. It is light enough to pull with anything and you can bumper pull with ease. I think the title weight is like 900 lbs or less

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff but that you get extra

Now heres the deal ......I do not have a price on this Hot Rod trailer
I am taking offers of cash or trade. As far as trade I would look at car trailers, boats,cars, most anything. Just send offers and I will answer all emails. Of course I will accept good old AMERICAN green back dollars. Dont ask how much I dont have ANY idea just send offers of what you are willing to pay or trade.As soon as something rings my bell I will know. I do have some more pics.

Send all emails to: VaStreetRodder[at]hotmail.com
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Old 01-21-2009, 05:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Satin black paint exterior with Hot Rod red steel wheels.

Sounds like a neat them, but boy-oh-boy, emphasis on the HOT in Virginia, with it being painted black. I'd like to see the step-plate cabinet doors and the license plate table-top.

If anyone gets writes for more photos, it would be neat to see them here.

Edited to say: Oh, I see there are photos of the table and the cabinet doors in the Craigslist ad. I wonder what those brightly colored knobs on the upper cabinets are? And if they are of the type that will stay fastened on the road?

The rest of the photos from the ad:

Name:   License_plate_table.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  8.3 KB

Name:   metal_cabinet_doors.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  7.2 KB

Name:   front_bench.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  5.8 KB

Raya
Old 01-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #3

Trailer: 1970 Boler
mine was black before I painted it and yes it got very hot....and dirty
Old 01-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
I emailed the seller about the price and here is his reponse:

Quote:
I have not put a price on the trailer as you know. These little trailers being easy to tow and so light are pretty hard to find. I am taking offers both trade and cash and will probably not decide for a week or so. Unless something trips my trigger. I have a offer so far of $1600 cash and several trade offers. Its just been listed two days so I have to wait a week or so.
Want see more pics let me know.
Thanks for looking
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19

Tags
lovebug