Casita Freedom Captain's Chairs and Table for Sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2007, 02:52 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Well, we're modifying our Casita Freedom Deluxe floorplan to a modified Spirit floorplan. We're going to be expanding the main bed size while we're at it. But, in the meantime, we now have the captain's chairs w/pedestals and table for sale. We've been trying to figure out how to price them and have finally decided to ask $60 for each chair/pedestal piece and $20 for the tabletop. If you take both chairs and tabletop, we'll make a package deal of $120.

Due to the size of these items, we'd prefer local pickup in the Kansas City area. If someone REALLY wants them and wants to arrange for their own shipping, we'll gladly drop them off at their designated KC metro shipping location.

I hope I've correctly uploaded the pics of the chairs so you can see that they're in good shape. If you have any questions, pls send me a PM or e-mail and I'll get back with you.

Thanks, Ericka

Click image for larger version

Name:	IM001894.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	8201
Attached Thumbnails
IM001895.JPG  
Old 06-08-2007, 05:19 PM   #2

Hi, I'm being told now that we still need parts from the table, so it's no longer for sale. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:25 AM   #3

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
How hard is it to modify a Freedom floorplan to a Spirit? What is involved? It seems I see lots of Freedoms for sale, but what I need is a Spirit (or a Liberty) because of the 2nd bed. Should I get a Freedom if one comes up at the right price, and plan on modifying it?
Old 06-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #4

Well, that's a tough question to answer. It really depends on your abilities to do the work. Mike is very experienced from his years of remodeling houses and other RVs we've had in the past. From his perspective, it's pretty easy. He's removed the chairs, table and wooden platforms the chairs were on and will be making his own version of the Spirit dinette using 3/4" plywood. I'm in charge of making cushions and curtains, which isn't that hard for me, either. Plywood isn't that expensive, we already have lots of foam leftover from previous similar projects I can cut to size, and I know where to get upholstery material cheap, so it won't be that expensive for us.

If you're not that handy, you can buy a kit from someplace the Casita people will send you to for something like $1,000. You've still got to do the removal and installation, though, unless you can find someone to do it for you.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
On second thought, I think I'll wait this one out. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2007, 09:54 AM   #6

So, nobody's interested??? Is the price wrong or is it just that nobody needs these? Maybe ebay is the way to go here.....
Old 06-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #7

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
I've been thinking about the chairs, the shipping to Ontario is what is worrying me.

If you could remove the steel pedestels from the seats and fit everyting into 1 large box it might make shipping by DHL or something like that easier. Do you have any idea what the weight of the seats are? and what the weight without the pedestal is. Because I would need a different swivel base I would probably save a few $ on shipping if just the 2 seats fit into 1 box and I didn't bother with the steel pedestals.

PM me if you can manage to come up with the weights and any idea on packaging for shipping.

Thanks, Charlie
Old 06-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #8

We're figuring the chairs with the pedestals weigh about 25 pounds each. Without the pedestals, they're probably half that weight. It should be no problem to remove the pedestals and we could probably fit both chairs into one box for shipping.

I haven't done any checking as to what that would cost, though. I'm guesstimating that the box would be somewhere around 3' x 3' x 4'. Let me know if you're interested in pursuing it further.

PM also sent.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:36 AM   #9

Still for sale.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:45 PM   #10

Trailer: 96 Casita 16 ft Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Still for sale.
Hi, I am interested in your chairs. Please e-mail me at playformarge@aol.com. I have some questions I would like to ask you about them.

Thanks,
Marge
Old 06-22-2007, 08:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Hi, I am interested in your chairs. Please e-mail me at playformarge@aol.com. I have some questions I would like to ask you about them.

Thanks,
Marge
E-mail sent yesterday with phone#.
Thanks, Ericka

Tags
captain, casita