TX For Sale: Scamp 19' 5er remodeled (lots of big pictures) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #1

Name: luke
Trailer: Scamp 19
Wyoming
For Sale: Scamp 19' 5er remodeled (lots of big pictures)

Unfortunately it has come time to sell our Scamp 19'. This Scamp camper was originally a 1986 model but it has been completely gutted and remodeled a few months ago. The remodel is about 95% complete. The front area below the bed is still unfinished. This is the location of the front bathroom on some models and the location of the couch/bunk in other models. Our plan was to build stairs and additional storage here. This is the perfect opportunity to finish it however you want.

All of the original electrical and plumbing has been completely removed and professionally replaced. The camper has all new wiring and new LED tail lights. There are completely new 110v, 12v, water plumbing, and propane lines.

This Scamp has a custom built bumper pull hitch adapter that attaches to the original framing with 8 bolts. The hitch adapter can easily be removed if you want to go back to 5th wheel mode, and I am also including the 5th wheel hitch for the bed of your pickup. We really like the hitch adapter because it gives us a lot of extra storage for a generator and blocks to be stored under the hitch, and allows us to keep our camper shell on our pickup for additional storage. I have a V6 1st generation Tacoma with airbags in the back and it pulls this camper without any problems.

The rear dinette area has been redone with a new table, and new heavy duty Denim cushion covers. The entire camper has new curtains all the way around and new Alure laminate flooring.

Rear dinette in "sleep" mode.

All of the cabenites have been replaced with wood cabinets and high quality counter tops like you find in a normal kitchen. The original stove was still practically new so it is one of the few items that was saved in the remodel (with a good cleaning and a fresh powder coat job on the cooking surface). The burner stands are included I just didn't have them on for the picture. The sink is a normal full sized sink with faucet like you find in your kitchen. All the new plumbing was done with high quality "shark bite" fittings and flexible hose like you find in a new house, that means you can plug into city water with no worries about water pressure. The sink faucet is the kind with an extension on the faucet head, and you can actually put the faucet out of the side window and use it for an outdoor shower. There is a 20 gallon fresh water tank, 12v water pump, and the stock grey water holding tank. There is an "EZ101" propane tankless on demand hot water system which works very well.

The cabinet faces and doors are still unfinished, you can either stain them to retain the wood look or paint them however you like.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #2

Wyoming
The fridge is a 6 cubic foot model with separate freezer. It is a normal 110v fridge with high efficiency compressor instead of the expensive heating elements found in normal RV fridges. The lower drawer in the fridge is water tight, so when we are traveling away from hookups we simply put ice in the lower compartment and use it as an "ice box".

The front bed has a very high quality, brand new queen sized memory foam mattress that is very comfortable.

The floors are Home Depot Alure brand flooring. They are extremely tough and easy to keep clean. The flooring is "fully floating" so it is not glued down, that means moister won't be as easily trapped under it, and if it does ever need to be removed or replaced it will come up easily without destroying the subfloor.

The roof mount A/C is a larger Colman unit that works very well. There are 3 aluminum support brackets that keep the A/C well supported and prevent it from bowing in the fiberglass roof and creating a low spot for water to collect, which can be a problem on these fiberglass campers with large roof A/C units.

The front area below the bed is the area that is still unfinished. This is the location for the front bathroom in many models, and in other models there is a couch that makes into a bunk here. Our plan was to build additional storage with seat that can also be used as a step to get into bed, but you can finish it however you like.

The camper is currently located in Dallas, Texas. The remodel is about 95% done, the front area is incomplete as pictured, and there are a few little things that still need to be finished around the camper like some trim pieces, but overall this camper is nearly ready to go. My wife and I have been camping in it for the last few weeks and we absolutely love it, the kitchen with all the counter space is great. I purposely replaced the supporting walls with the support posts and the results is a much more open feel that makes the camper seem a lot bigger than the original.

I'm asking $7,500 and as you can imagine that is a big loss after I put all the recent work into it, but I've had some big changes in the last few months (baby on the way) and need to find a new home for this camper ASAP. I will consider a full trade or partial trade + cash for a reliable 4 door AWD vehicle. If you have any more questions or would like to come take a look at it please email me at luke@onlocationaerial.com, or call at (307)690-7978.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #3

Wyoming
bump
Old 02-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
What's the tongue weight?

Thank you

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 02-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #5

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post

Thank you
I don't know the tongue weight. I pull it with an old Tacoma V6 with airbags in the back and it pulls great. I've also pulled it with a stock Chevy 1500 and it was fine.

The bumper pull attachment is bolted in place so it is not permanent. I'm also including a Scamp 5th wheel hitch assembly, so you can easily remove the bumper pull attachment and use the original 5th wheel style if you like.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #6

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post

Thank you
Scamp fiver as-is pin weight is given as 400 pounds by mfr....reported as high as 500 by users.

I'm betting that this one would tip the scales at or over 600 pounds in the bumper pull configuration, perhaps more depending on what else is carried on the tongue.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #7

Name: will
Trailer: 16' Scamp
Wyoming
E-mail sent.

Will
Old 02-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #8

Name: Herb-in-FL
Trailer: looking to buy
Florida
Quite clever and useful that you had that hitch modification installed.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #9

Wyoming
We sold the Scamp. Thanks.

Tags
scamp