Eggcamper Stabilizer Jack - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2015, 06:41 AM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Eggcamper Stabilizer Jack

Since Stan has a molded fiberglass mini-motorhome, I don't think he'll be using a tongue jack any time soon.

With a motorhome, if any leveling needs to be done, it should be by driving wheels onto leveling blocks. After the coach is level, the stabilizers can be snugged up under the frame at the rear corners to stop bouncing from the vehicle's suspension. The stabilizers are not intended to actually lift the coach for leveling purposes.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:19 PM   #22

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
I failed to notice Stan had a mini motorhome, but it's the same principle. If there are two stabilizers ("jacks", plural), I bet they were intended for the rear corners as suggested in previous posts by others. If there was only one, I would have guessed it was intended to be placed near the door to reduce side-to-side pitching as people entered and left the camper's side door.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #23

Name: Von
Trailer: Scamp 19'
California
I have a Scamp 19 that came with rear stabilizer jacks which I removed & mounted
24 in scissor jacks on all four corners. The front jacks that lift the camper for hooking up to the truck has some wiggle which is eliminated with the scissor jacks. I carry a battery operated drill that makes it easy to run the jacks up or down. The trailer has a 3 in lift so plenty of clearance for the corner jacks. I still carry the hand crank handles in case the drill battery runs out of juice.
vt lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #24

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Atwood stablizer tool.
Stabilizer Jack Handle Atwood 80480
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper