just bought a BigFoot 25B25RQ - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2019, 02:46 PM   #41

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel W View Post
Also, in case I need to go west for an acceptable deal...
...does anyone have any experience with BF dealer
"Trailer World Denver" in Denver, CO?

Thanks!
Meet a couple camping last fall and they were in there new BF, said they got the best deal on a BF from the dealer in Denver, Colorado and they had checked them all. They were very happy with the trailer, they do live in San Antonio, Texas

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:50 PM   #42

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Olive View Post
Congratulations! I walk on our BF 25RQ roof no worries. I have done a bunch of mods (as I did to our Ollie), mainly things my wife wanted but a few of what I consider improvements. This trailer has great bones, and real step up for liveabilty. Enjoying Florida right right now.
I too have a 25B25FB and walking on the roof is not a problem. I'm 6'2" and 225 lbs. Just use common sense and don't step and put weight near any the immediate area of the roof openings...i.e. A/C, skylight, fans, etc.

Congratulations on your Bigfoot. Welcome to the Bigfoot family. You may want to join up at the Bigfoot Owners site. Lots of old and new information there.
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:14 PM   #43

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks trainman for the input on the BF Denver CO dealer!
Daniel W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:07 AM   #44

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
25 RQ

I understand u bought your trailer already so this is for anyone else looking for a BF.

We bought our Bigfoot in Aug of 2018. The Colorado dealer had a great price but someone had left a deposit the day we called. We bought from Rosman RV in BC. Even with delivery to the gulf coast we were happy with the price.

Then there’s Como in FL. They wanted almost 20k more than we paid with delivery. Granted it was a 2019 vs our 2018 but very similar in build. Anyway Rosman RV was a pleasure to work with and if I hadn’t been recovering from major surgery I would have enjoyed the road trip to pick it up.
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:26 PM   #45

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Thanks everyone. In retrospect I suppose the Finance/sales manager just thought I needed a loan and was trying to make the sale work. Somehow he just did not understand that I did not want a loan, but would accept one if it was of benefit to me, which it was not. So I am partially to blame I suppose.

Tony O. I really enjoyed your BF poem. If you have not read Robert Service, give him a try here:
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poe...l-of-the-yukon
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:00 AM   #46

Name: Tony
Trailer: Bigfoot
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Thanks everyone. In retrospect I suppose the Finance/sales manager just thought I needed a loan and was trying to make the sale work. Somehow he just did not understand that I did not want a loan, but would accept one if it was of benefit to me, which it was not. So I am partially to blame I suppose.

Tony O. I really enjoyed your BF poem. If you have not read Robert Service, give him a try here:
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poe...l-of-the-yukon

Congrats again for winning the chess match with your RV dealer.
Incidentally, your timely reference to Robert Service was literally inspiring, enough so that I wrote a poem. To wit:

(Untitled)
R. Service, Mowat, Papa and more,
I've read them many times before,

tales of forests, rivers and oh,
never forget London, Darwin, nor,

stories by Abbey, Muir and McPhee,
Thoreau, Aldo, and Twain, you see,

they told wondrous tales of mountains tall,
I conspired, inspired to heed their call,

to see into canyons as far as I could,
to quietly listen to sounds from the woods,

no grass grows under my feet by God,
as long as a trail remains to be trod,

watch skies with hawks, ravens, and crows,
whatever else comes next, a bear, who knows,

to see deer, elk, or wolves that talk,
or anything else that swims or squawks,

when darkness falls I'll look to the stars,
watch burning meteors make blazing scars,

I'll wait for the moon to rise and yet,
fondly remember the years it has set,

to watch river trout feed rhythmically,
with reckless abandon, so musically.

to see, touch, and smell whatever is wild,
profoundly, I cede, my heart is a child,

when fully devoid of worldly goods,
I hope to be nearby a favorite woods,

when life slips my fingers just like sand,
I'll happily be ready for the reaper's hand.

sigh...

to go where the wind blows is never too far.

- Tony O
Tony O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:06 AM   #47

Tennessee
Great poem. Enjoyed it so much I forwarded to my wife and our adult sons. My pen, alas, holds ink, not poems.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #48

Name: Tony
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Great poem. Enjoyed it so much I forwarded to my wife and our adult sons. My pen, alas, holds ink, not poems.

Many thanks!

(Sorry about your pen.)
Tony O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:05 PM   #49

Name: David
Trailer: In the market for a Bigfoot
North Carolina
I ordered mine through A&M and it scheduled to be here at the end of February. Mark is a good fella and will work with ya and order it anyway ypu want.
dukedd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:53 PM   #50

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
As a result of the 2008 market crash, Bigfoot requires dealers to pay in full upon delivery for all trailers and campers. As a result finding Bigfeet in stock is a chore. Most dealers will not tie up $50k+ for a RV that might sit on the lot for months or a year.

The best dealer we found was Getaway RV in Abbotsford CA. They had a Rear Twin in stock we wanted to see and are very knowledgeable about Bigfoot. They are also the largest bigfoot dealer. We also l liked A&M for special ordering although they quoted top dollar for a RT.
Roger M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:29 PM   #51

Name: Ed
California
We had a great experience with RV World in Denver. No surprises. Drove out from California to purchase because local dealer tried to pull the “doc fee, prep fee, no negotiating” poop.
Dr C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:12 PM   #52

Name: Bill
TN
Bought my 25rq there. (Trailerworld Denver) They were great to me and just spoke to them about a light switch issue that we worked out over the phone. Love my trailer and heading back out west in April. I live just north of Nashville.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:33 PM   #53

Tennessee
Hey Grumpy, I live just South of Lebanon, TN.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:10 PM   #54

Name: Bill
TN
Nashville

I live outside Springfield. You will love your BF.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:32 PM   #55

Name: Elliott
Everywhere
I took a look at the one in Florida a couple months ago, mostly because I wanted to see a Bigfoot in person to make sure I wanted to buy one. The salesman said there's a decent bit of flexibility available in that price, so negotiation could drop it significantly, but it would never be as cheap as the ones in the NW because it costs thousands of dollars to move a trailer from Canada to Florida. I ended up holding off on buying, because I'm headed towards the west coast over the next couple months anyways.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:08 PM   #56

Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
Registry
i guess i should count my blessings that i live so close to bigfoot? Although ive got a boler
cyndi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:54 AM   #57

Name: Gary
Trailer: Scamp
Mass
Document Fees are all profit

Like auto dealers, the "document fee" is nothing but added profit. Aside from the Registry fees for a plate and inspection, the rest is profit. Now ask yourself, what other retailer charges you to write up a receipt? That is what their "document" fee is. If they tell you it is a loan origination fee, walk away. There's plenty of places to get a loan without paying fees that in some cases can be up to $400.00

That story aside: When negotiating for a vehicle purchase with a dealer I ALWAYS ask what the "out the door" price is. If they want to price the vehicle for one dollar and charge $49,000 for the dealer prep and "document fee" plus environmental fee and fuel surcharge or whatever, that is ok as long as I like the total price. The total price is the only thing I am concerned about. I don't care how they do their book keeping.[/QUOTE]
Garyscamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:12 AM   #58

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Not exactly 100% profit. Dealers perform certain services you would do yourself if you bought from a private party, completing and filing title and registration documents, mostly, and sometimes loan paperwork. So there is a marginal labor cost.

But it's part and parcel of the whole overhead of the business, so separating out that particular service is simply a means to squeeze additional margin from the unaware.

I agree with the previous poster. Any add-on fees that go back to the dealer and not to a 3rd party (taxes, actual title and registration fees) should be evaluated as part of the purchase price. I don't care what they call it.

Suddenly curious- never thought to check... is the doc fee subject to state sales tax? Depends on the state, of course, but just wondering...
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:56 AM   #59

Tennessee
I don't believe the doc fee is included in the taxable portion of the transaction. In TN the state and local sales tax is darn close to 10%.

I have see doc fees as much as $1200.00 long ago. But Dealers are getting "hep" to the reluctance of customers to pay the fees and so they are using labels like doc fee, destination charge, registration fee, prep fee, etc.

But once you, as Gary noted, ask for an "on the road' price and negotiate using that, then it is just a matter of the dealership backing out fees when they write it up. Which is important to them since they may not have to pay taxes or collect taxes on such fees, which give them a tad more money in their pockets.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #60

Name: Jon
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr C View Post
We had a great experience with RV World in Denver. No surprises. Drove out from California to purchase because local dealer tried to pull the “doc fee, prep fee, no negotiating” poop.
Is your local dealer S.C.A.T.T?
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot