Vicki did a mod! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #1
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Vicki did a mod!

It all started with a $0.99 Goodwill Ralph Lauren fabric find she transformed into decorative pillows for the bed in our Parkliner. Now it seems they did not adequately match the duvet cover so it was off to the fabric store for another round of remnant hunting and a few hours of sewing.
Now we have new pillow cases, a reworked duvet, and more pillows than I will ever understand but I have a happy wife!
I must admit I do like it as well.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #2

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Sid that looks wonderful, so perfect with your green cushions and so homey. If Vicki gets bored I could sure use a new orange set….Hahaha One of my only complaints about my PL is that the dogs sleep in the back of the bed so I have no reading light on my side of the bed. Not much of a complaint but I do need to figure out how to put a light up on the side of the bed closest to the stove. Question….how did you mount the pictures over the bed? I am a little chicken about putting holes in the walls.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:41 PM   #3
Sid

Wisconsin
Thanks Pat, I will be sure to tell Vic.
The pictures are just Velcroed to the wall. We made sure to get the lightest cheapest plastic frames we could find that still looked good. They don't even have real glass, just thin plastic to keep the weight down. The images are some classic national park postcards she picked up somewhere.
We also love our little egg!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:01 AM   #4

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Pat -

I'm not sure what Parkliner uses/used on your walls but, for our Scamp "rat fur" walls, we have used a few clips and hooks with attached pins to hang rally schedules, etc. Those things are usually used in/on office cubicle walls and you can find them at Office Depot or other office supply stores.

I don't like going so deep that you pop the bubbles on the wall insulation, but you can decide for yourself. It's just another ideas for mounting stuff on FGRV walls.

Good luck! 😊

Ray

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:32 PM   #5

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Oooooo, I have "glamping envy"! Vic does a glamper proud by reusing materials and using a little decor know-how! I can hardly wait to see what she does next! It's great that you support her in her glamping endeavors. I'm grateful that my husband not only supports my glamping efforts he even, occasionally, gets involved. I'm working on a "Austrian Alps theme" now for our next trip to the mountains in Oregon and Washington. Attached photos show some views of our "Vinter's Theme" from a recent trip to the wine country of Lodi, California.
Attached Thumbnails
Lodi Wine Tasting July 2015 067.jpg   Lodi Wine Tasting July 2015 069.jpg  

Lodi Wine Tasting July 2015 070.jpg  
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:42 PM   #6

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
It all started with a $0.99 Goodwill Ralph Lauren fabric find she transformed into decorative pillows for the bed in our Parkliner. Now it seems they did not adequately match the duvet cover so it was off to the fabric store for another round of remnant hunting and a few hours of sewing.
Now we have new pillow cases, a reworked duvet, and more pillows than I will ever understand but I have a happy wife!
I must admit I do like it as well.
Sid, good on you for appreciating Vicki's hard work, and the bedding looks divine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
Oooooo, I have "glamping envy"! Vic does a glamper proud by reusing materials and using a little decor know-how! I can hardly wait to see what she does next! It's great that you support her in her glamping endeavors. I'm grateful that my husband not only supports my glamping efforts he even, occasionally, gets involved. I'm working on a "Austrian Alps theme" now for our next trip to the mountains in Oregon and Washington. Attached photos show some views of our "Vinter's Theme" from a recent trip to the wine country of Lodi, California.
Gilda, Love your vintner's theme! I should do this one *all* the time. My favorite apron is covered with wine bottles and glasses of wine. BTW, I ordered beaucoup curtain rod brackets from IKEA; I'm going for the under-the-cabinet mounts with the around-the-back corners look!

Cheers,
LP
Old 08-19-2015, 09:47 PM   #7
Sid

Wisconsin
Gilda,
This is Vicki...I love the idea of theme decor for each trip! Your pictures give me new inspiration...and I LOVE your nature pictures, they look like they are vintage woodcuts. Very nice!
Vic
Old 08-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #8

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
I love the pictures from you all. I wish I had decorating blood in my veins but alas I only think about my dogs comfort. I am studying every picture trying to get ideas so I hope you keep posting. I did buy an interesting product last night. It's called Perch and it's a magnetic back mounted with a 3m product then you have magnetic containers you attach to the back. Anyway, not sure I can find a place to mount it but it fixes the problem of not wanting to put holes into the trailer.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:55 PM   #9

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Gilda,
This is Vicki...I love the idea of theme decor for each trip! Your pictures give me new inspiration...and I LOVE your nature pictures, they look like they are vintage woodcuts. Very nice!
Vic
Yes, they are vintage wood-cut postcards from my mother-in-law. I just HAD to find a way to display them and they are perfect in the camper!
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner