Oliver Travel Trailers production to resume - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Oliver 2013

hellsbay,
Do you know if they have started yet to be here this spring or summer season? Thanks.

Originally Posted by hellsbay 11-07-2012
"....I just came back from the Oliver factory where they replaced my 3500# axel for a new 5200# axel at no charge to me. They are talking about making Olivers again sometime next year....."
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #2

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
Oliver Travel Trailers production to resume

I spoke with one of the managers at Oliver Travel Trailers today and he told me they would be resuming production of trailers with the first deliveries anticipated 3 to 4 months from now.

They will initially only offer a 22' trailer and in about 12 months from now, the 17' should also start rolling off the assembly line.

The information is so new, the phone line at Oliver still says they aren't being made yet. They should get that fixed next week and be poised to receive inquiries on trailer purchases.

BTW, I have no vested interest in Oliver Travel Trailers. As an owner of one of the original 17' units, I'm simply very pleased to see this quality product will be available for more people to own and enjoy!
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #3

That is great news. I'll start saving my nickels and dimes.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:14 AM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I found some old pictures
http://oliver.hewus.com/Trailer/Othe...22_foot_Oliver
Attached Images

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Very nice trailer on the outside and inside, I just hope they improve in areas you do not always see. You would not find this rat's nest in an Escape trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
P1080407_disp800.jpg  
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
That's good news. Although Oliver stopped production a number of years back, they've continued to totally support owners of their trailers.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #7

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Trailer making was only a very small part of their business.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #8

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
That is great news. I'll start saving my nickels and dimes.
It is good news, but methinks you may need to aspire beyond nickels and dimes though.

When I was looking, Oliver was in production at the time, and I had talked and emailed a bunch to them. Expensive units, but top quality components. Other than the price, for me I did not care for having the clean but institutional looking interiors in them. I had queried about at least a different colour inside, but they said for the time being they would only consider white.

Best of luck to them though, it was good that trailers were only a small part of their company, and were able to easily suspend production without having to completely shut down, like Bigfoot did.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #9

Jim, I find it interesting they didn't persue the different interior gelcoat colors. I've personally seen two different Olivers, one in black and the other red... and it was gelcoat, not paint. Maybe that happened AFTER you asked...
Old 03-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #10

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
I wonder what happened to the custom Oliver's I saw at the Las Vegas RV show about 6 years ago? There were 3 of them and they were practically giving them away on the last day. There was a black one, a red one, and I can't remember the 3rd color. I certainly wish I knew then what I know now as the prices for any of the show models was under 15k. At the time I had just gotten into fiberglass campers by accident and knew nothing about their values. They had Las Vegas themed graphics painted on them etc. very cool.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #11

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Jim, I find it interesting they didn't pursue the different interior gelcoat colors.
While the Black and the Red exteriors (with gold graphics if I remember correctly) looked sharp and might match a tow vehicle, I believe keeping the interiors white was the best choice.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Jim, I find it interesting they didn't persue the different interior gelcoat colors. I've personally seen two different Olivers, one in black and the other red... and it was gelcoat, not paint. Maybe that happened AFTER you asked...
I had asked them about that, and those were special built units. I can't remember if they were gelcoat, or painted that way. We did not want anything bold, just something with a bit of colour, but both of us agreed that we did not care for the stark white. While I know others would be just fine with white, it wasn't for us.

I sure am interested to see what this 22' unit looks like.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #13

A casitaclub forum member says they are ramping up. The 22 footer is coming back too.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #14

They're ramping up starting with the 22 footer. Here's a few pictures of the first 22' off the line, I don't know if they're changing anything: Hewus' Oliver Travel Trailer: The first 22 foot Oliver
Old 03-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #15

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
I am a moderator over on the Oliver Forum. I spoke with the sales manager for Oliver (who is also a great friend to all of the owners) this past Saturday afternoon (03/02/2013). We talked at great length about the company's plans. The following is a post on our forum from the sales manager:

"Re: 2013 22 Footer

by BuffaloBob on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:27 pm

We are committed to rolling out some new 2013 and 2014 22 foot models for delivery within the next 4 to 5 months. Depending on how things go, we will revise the 17 footer and plan on rolling that out hopefully this time next year.

It will be a couple of weeks before we nail down the pricing and standard options for the 22' of which I will post on the forums once nailed down.

The one thing that will not be changed is the craftsmanship, attention to detail and customer service to our owners."

We currently own a 17 foot Oliver and could not be more pleased with it. When we bought it, I'd actually never heard of a Casita, Burro, Boler, Escape, Bigfoot, etc. I saw the Oliver, liked it, and within a month had toured the factory twice and placed our order. We've had it 5 years and my only regret has been that we did not buy a 22 footer when we had the chance. We needed more room for our dogs and the grand kids are asking to go camping with us. With these things in mind, we had decided to buy a motor home and had settled on a new Jayco Seneca or a used Embark. The news that the company is operational couldn't be better or come at a better time. After talking with Robert the other day, I suspect we'll be moving to the larger Oliver soon. For a while, at least, we will probably own one of each size.

I suppose we'll sell the 17 footer at some point, but it would be about as hard as selling one of our dogs simply because we had one too many.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #16

Registry
Their website does not appear to be working yet. I am curious as to the specs for this trailer. Lots of things to like about it, like the twin beds.

But man, that stark white interior would drive me crazy (crazier). Nothing a few spray bombs of paint wouldn't fix though.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
I am a moderator over on the Oliver Forum.(
Thanks for the update, Steve. Do keep us informed as you hear more.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #18

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
I dislike the bright white, too, though I prefer it over wood interiors.

The cream color inside and out is one of the best visual features of the first-gen Trilliums, in my opinion. Why nobody else- including the present Trillium maker- uses this much softer color is beyond me!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #19

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I have said it before, I will say it again.......... I think Olivers are sexy lil glass trailers!

Not a fan of the cushion fabric in this particular one, but I do think Olivers beat all other glass in the sex appeal department!

I will say, Love the basement!!!!!! But frankly, the sewer hose stored next to the water hose, that's just flippen nasty!!!!!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #20

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I don't think Oliver" is responsible for the hose situation. Too narrow IMO but I love the molded "Frigidaire"interior.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver