Lil Snoozy Height - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2018, 06:40 AM   #1

Name: Robert
Trailer: Currently shopping
California
Lil Snoozy Height

Hi. I saw a video on YouTube that said Lil Snoozy fits in a standard size garage. The Lil Snoozy website says it is 8'1". Standard size garages are 7 foot. I called and they said post 2015 models are now 8'1. They said they are new owners and aren't sure of the height of pre-2014 models. Can anyone tell me the height (from bottom of tire to the top edge of the camper) how tall it is? And has anyone been able to get their Lil Snoozy into their garage? Thanks.
camperhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:44 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Some parts of the country 8' garages are more common. Pretty sure that's what they meant. I think it's safe to say no Snoozy ever fit through a 7' garage door.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:52 AM   #3

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Some parts of the country 8' garages are more common. Pretty sure that's what they meant. I think it's safe to say no Snoozy ever fit through a 7' garage door.
Thanks, but can someone still measure the height of their lil snoozy that is pre 2014?
Old 05-17-2018, 08:13 PM   #4

Name: Doug
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Maryland
I have a 2012 with an axle that I think has sagged an inch or two. It's dark but I think I measured 7'8". I can check again in the light of day. Hope this helps. Doug
dbensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #5

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbensen View Post
I have a 2012 with an axle that I think has sagged an inch or two. It's dark but I think I measured 7'8". I can check again in the light of day. Hope this helps. Doug
Excellent. Thank you for measuring the height. Yes, could you confirm? My garage is standard height of 84" (exactly 7 foot tall). I live in a neighborhood that doesn't allow campers in the driveway or backyard and need to find something. The Alto Condo camper that has a roof that raises up and lowers will fit, but it has a 3 to 4 year back order. Very frustrating.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:31 PM   #6

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
Some past discussions:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...7-a-63447.html
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...hts-49613.html

And it's not necessarily just the door frame. Measure the height that is the max you can actually get the door open. Also, if you have a one car garage, the sides might be a challenge; if its small enough to get under the door, probably narrow enough, but still have to get it lined up if coming at a angle, etc.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:18 PM   #7

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperhunter View Post
Excellent. Thank you for measuring the height. Yes, could you confirm? My garage is standard height of 84" (exactly 7 foot tall). I live in a neighborhood that doesn't allow campers in the driveway or backyard and need to find something. The Alto Condo camper that has a roof that raises up and lowers will fit, but it has a 3 to 4 year back order. Very frustrating.
Vintage trailers like the Hunter Compact and the Campster also had center sections that raised and lowered.

+10 on door clearance, my experience with a 7 foot door is that it does not have a full 7 feet of clearance. Door framing and where the door stops when raised tend to cut into the clearance.

I'm on my second carport already. First one had 7 foot clearance, raised that to a little over 8 feet to fit my Casita. My Escape needed even more clearance, it was cheaper to get another carport than to raise the other one (the original carport is attached to a garage, raising it up got very involved.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #8

Name: Brian
Trailer: '73 & '74 Hunter
Oklahoma
Registry
Our Hunter Compact II fits in our garage with an 83 inch opening. Like you, our neighborhood doesn't permit RV's unless they are out of sight. When we went camper shopping, we brought along an 83 inch length of PVC.
Attached Thumbnails
in the garage.jpg  
Brian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #9

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Attachment 119333Check your header. I raised mine on my former house and installed eight foot doors. I think it actually improved the look of the house.
Also you could get 8" wheels just for storage.
Attached Thumbnails
11-front.jpg   1978 Scamp w-screen room 002.jpg  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #10

Name: Doug
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Maryland
2012 Snoozy height

I was able to measure the height from the middle (tire area) and found it to be 7' 7". Hope it helps. Good luck, Doug
dbensen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy