Surprising Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2019, 06:31 AM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Surprising Casita

I thought this inside setup was pretty cool. Watch this 2018 Casita Trailer Pickup at the delivery. I was surprised what they did. Casita offer on there website SD & DX. SD comes with bunk beds but no bathroom. The DX comes with no bunk beds but with a bathroom. So forward it to the inside, if you don't want to watch the full video.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:38 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
What's the surprise? The side bunk option? It's not too common, but I've seen a few like that for sale in the past. It's listed on the website under interior options as "couch/bunk beds" and only on the Spirit (standard and deluxe) because it replaces the side dinette. On the Spirit standard it nets 6 berths when combined with the front sofa/bunk and rear double bed. Downside is a much smaller side window.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:07 AM   #3

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
What's the surprise? The side bunk option? It's not too common, but I've seen a few like that for sale in the past. It's listed on the website under interior options as "couch/bunk beds" and only on the Spirit (standard and deluxe) because it replaces the side dinette. On the Spirit standard it nets 6 berths when combined with the front sofa/bunk and rear double bed. Downside is a much smaller side window.
OOPS! I did not see that. It's the first time I ever saw one & was awestruck.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:15 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
No oops! Casita doesn’t make many and the website doesn’t make clear it is different from the front sofa/bunk on the standard. It would be better if it said "side couch/bunk beds." Pictures rule, of course, but I sense they're not pushing this option (just as they're not pushing 16'ers- ever notice there's not one picture of a 16'er anywhere?).

I’m sure others are unaware, too, so it’s worth posting. Just a note... it's easier for future searchers interested in the side bunk option to find this thread if the main idea is in the title, something like "Surprise- Casita Side Bunks!" Of course that would have ruined the surprise...
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #5

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
This model was offered because many come from the tent camping world and see no reason to upgrade with one with a bathroom. They do as they always did, which means you do as the bears do, or something else. I was a Boy Scout back in the day, so anything goes, but my wife was a Girl Scout and they used indoor plumbing and still want to today.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita