Tammie's ParkLiner projects - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2017, 07:59 AM   #81

Name: Sandra
Trailer: Parkliner SOLD November 2017
South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie View Post
Wanted to share some projects we've finished, just in time for a spring break trip. We've added a glass tile backsplash, using a bit of aluminum trim to finish the edge near the door, and swapped out the kitchen faucet for one with a little more height. It's an American Standard Colony bar sink (bar sinks don't have the pop-up drain assembly) with the same span to fit the existing drilled holes in the countertop.
To maximize counter space, we covered the cooktop with a 15"x 20" bamboo serving tray, topped with a cutting board the same size. We countersunk small magnets in the back of the cutting board, which stick to metal squares glued to the bottom of the tray. They stay together, but can still be used separately.
The curtains are new, too. I liked the original ParkLiner curtains with their velcro-tabbed tiebacks, and using them as a pattern, made new ones out of Sunbrella, like the originals. The difference is in how easily the new ones glide across the rod. Instead of a rod pocket which is difficult to scrunch up enough to move aside, the new curtains are hung on the rod by hidden loop tabs on the back, spaced about 5 inches apart. You could probably add those tabs to the original curtains- I made new ones just for a different color. Does that make me a glamper?
Hi Tammie - I just got my Parkliner at the end of January 2017 and came across your awesome upgrades. I want to change the sink faucet to the bar sink. How did you get the old faucet out? Did you have to pull the sink out to get to it?

Thanks - Sandy
Sandy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:22 PM   #82

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the kind words, and congratulations on your new ParkLiner! Sorry it took me so long to reply- we were camping 10 hours away from home, and for some reason, could read but not post a reply.
Yes, you'll have to pull out the sink to access the faucet fittings. There are 8-10 clips under the sink, held in place with wing nuts. It's a little hard to get your arm in there through the little door under the sink, but remove the clips and loosen the band clamp around the drain. Now you can remove the sink and the old faucet. Remember to use plumbers putty to reseal the sink, and under the new faucet.
The height of our faucet is great, but the reach is a little short so we attached a swivel aerator to better direct the water. You may find a longer one that comes closer to the middle of the sink.
Even though it took some tricky contortions, the end result was well worth it.
Happy camping!
Tammie
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:46 PM   #83

Name: Darrell
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
Alabama
Where did you get the springs for cabinet doors ? Thanks
merflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 04:36 PM   #84

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Hi Darrell,

We got the springs at Lowes in the hardware department. Check out post #19 here for the details of our DIY spring struts. They held the doors up, but only if we were careful not to bump them.

So, we've since replaced all of them with:
JR Products 70545 Metal Cabinet Door Struts from Amazon
(sorry I couldn't get the link to work) and they've been a great improvement.

Hope this is helpful,

Tammie
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:55 PM   #85

Name: Darrell
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
Alabama
Tammie,

Thanks for info. I finally read ALL the threads and found info. I picked up a like new late model 2014 Parkliner last week and did a shake down camp at Green Eggs and Ham this past weekend. Past owner really took care of it (ALL options ordered) and did a few mods as well. They moved up to a large aluminum egg trailer, lol. I really like it but already thinking an Escape 19 next year as I will be using it as a mobile office with max "off the grid" capability as well. I managed to break the latch that holds the lower storage door closed in the bath. Thinking a couple rubber cooler type closers for that door. Hope to make to Eggs on Hiawassee next month.

Darrell
merflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner