Comment about Parkliner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #21

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
hmmmm Linda that is a complicated question.

If I still owned my Rav4, Then I definitely would have have still bought the ParkLiner.

If I owned my Nissan Frontier, probably not. I would have looked for a used Escape 5th wheeler. I really like the layout with the bed in kind of a separate area and the larger fridge with a freezer lol. (this is what I want when I retire many years down the road)

I don't regret my decision at all though...The ParkLiner does what I need for it to do, I like the layout...if I ordered it new I wouldn't have went for the furnace and would have added a DickinsonMarine.com - Propane Fireplaces or possibly at retirement time one of these DickinsonMarine.com - Diesel Heaters

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #22

Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
hmmmm Linda that is a complicated question.

If I still owned my Rav4, Then I definitely would have have still bought the ParkLiner.

If I owned my Nissan Frontier, probably not. I would have looked for a used Escape 5th wheeler. I really like the layout with the bed in kind of a separate area and the larger fridge with a freezer lol. (this is what I want when I retire many years down the road)

I don't regret my decision at all though...The ParkLiner does what I need for it to do, I like the layout...if I ordered it new I wouldn't have went for the furnace and would have added a DickinsonMarine.com - Propane Fireplaces or possibly at retirement time one of these DickinsonMarine.com - Diesel Heaters
Thank you! btw…those heaters look like they would keep you pretty toasty!
I'm down to the Escape, Bigfoot or ParkLiner and insulation is a factor.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #23

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
OK just my 2cents worth of thought. I am getting ready to go down next week to pick up my Parkliner AKA "Crazy Dog Lady's Folly" I have, like many, been looking at fiberglass trailers for months. The only trailer that really has everything I wanted was the Parkliner, since I have a 6'3" husband. I really need the Queen bed and the cabin height. We went to North Carolina and toured the factory, met with Tom Bass and also met Frank while we were there. Six months ago I would never have invested my money into this company but I do truly believe that Tom has and will continue to turn this company around. I want to be really mad for Frank because I happen to think he is a really nice guy who has been super supportive of Parkliner, but and I may be totally wrong here, I understand that there was no rubbing problem with #006, AKA Daisy so I can see why Parkliner doesn't want to fix a trailer that hasn't exhibited a problem. Where Frank certainly has reason to be angry is the fact that he spent a lot of time and money hauling back and forth without the satisfaction he felt was coming to him. I don't know what the communication was but I'm guessing it wasn't as complete as it could have been.
One thing is for certain and that is that we all want the company to do well, and just as a tease I was talking to Tom about organizing a Parkliner Rally next year. It would be awesome to see a whole park full of our little guys and gals. LindaF, my husband went with me to see the factory and Parkliner. He thinks I'm a little (or a lot) crazy to get this trailer and I know he was hoping to see lots of things to not like about it. He came away totally impressed with the operation and the trailer. I know there have been problems but I haven't heard one person say they didn't love their trailer or that they felt they were built poorly or bad design. So I am going into my new adventure with the idea that I will also love my trailer.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #24

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
OK just my 2cents worth of thought. I am getting ready to go down next week to pick up my Parkliner AKA "Crazy Dog Lady's Folly" I have, like many, been looking at fiberglass trailers for months. The only trailer that really has everything I wanted was the Parkliner, since I have a 6'3" husband. I really need the Queen bed and the cabin height. We went to North Carolina and toured the factory, met with Tom Bass and also met Frank while we were there. Six months ago I would never have invested my money into this company but I do truly believe that Tom has and will continue to turn this company around. I want to be really mad for Frank because I happen to think he is a really nice guy who has been super supportive of Parkliner, but and I may be totally wrong here, I understand that there was no rubbing problem with #006, AKA Daisy so I can see why Parkliner doesn't want to fix a trailer that hasn't exhibited a problem. Where Frank certainly has reason to be angry is the fact that he spent a lot of time and money hauling back and forth without the satisfaction he felt was coming to him. I don't know what the communication was but I'm guessing it wasn't as complete as it could have been.
One thing is for certain and that is that we all want the company to do well, and just as a tease I was talking to Tom about organizing a Parkliner Rally next year. It would be awesome to see a whole park full of our little guys and gals. LindaF, my husband went with me to see the factory and Parkliner. He thinks I'm a little (or a lot) crazy to get this trailer and I know he was hoping to see lots of things to not like about it. He came away totally impressed with the operation and the trailer. I know there have been problems but I haven't heard one person say they didn't love their trailer or that they felt they were built poorly or bad design. So I am going into my new adventure with the idea that I will also love my trailer.
Good for you, Pat! It's so nice to hear your getting a new ParkLiner!
I love the looks of the ParkLiner and the layout also.
btw….
I didn't realize that that Frank's #006 DIDN'T have a rubbing problem?????
Frank, is this true?
Old 08-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #25

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
I'm glad to see this thread, and to second what the other ParkLiner owners have said.

In 2012 we looked at two other brands of fiberglass trailers currently in production, then saw one of the very earliest ParkLiners. We were impressed by the well-designed, spacious interior, and marine-grade finishes, among other things. We realized ParkLiner was a fledgling company, but liked the product enough to invest in one. We had some of the same communication glitches others have had, but in the end, Chandler delivered a quality product, one that l would choose again.
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #26

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF View Post
I didn't realize that that Frank's #006 DIDN'T have a rubbing problem?????
Frank, is this true?
They would not have cheaper out on the fix and put smaller tires on it if it had not had a rubbing problem.

Take a look and zoom in on the photo Frank posted today of his NEW wheels and tires on the thread Parkliner wheel wells & tires Page 7 post 89
The tire marks on the inside of the wheel well and on the front and back corners are pretty clear.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #27

Oregon
Carol, you know more than I concerning these issues, but I did ask my husband if he saw any rub marks and he said "no", but that doesn't mean there are non and it doesn't mean that there are. I think the question to Frank is appropriate. My husband did say it didn't look like much clearance, BUT if there are no rub marks there is no reason to fix something that is not broke! I can certainly see them in older photos of Thom's.
I think maybe Frank will let us know if there is/isn't any rub marks on his unit.
I'm just looking for the truth, simply because no company should be hurt by remarks that are not true.
I just wish Chandler or ParkLiner would step in on this forum and make their case, IF they have one. They certainly are guilty of lack of communication.
Have a great weekend!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #28

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
They would not have cheaper out on the fix and put smaller tires on it if it had not had a rubbing problem.

Take a look and zoom in on the photo Frank posted today of his NEW wheels and tires on the thread Parkliner wheel wells & tires Page 7 post 89
The tire marks on the inside of the wheel well and on the front and back corners are pretty clear.
Go here:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...s-65957-6.html
Dirt? yes. Rub marks? No.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Linda F. If I was you, I'd buy a Parkliner.
But, I'm not.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:17 PM   #30

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF View Post
ssrv.com/forums/f55/parkliner-wheel-wells-and-tires-65957-6.html[/url]
Dirt? yes. Rub marks? No.
I am going to guess we have a screen resolution difference

Your husband BTW is correct not much clearance even with the new tires which increased it by an 1". No were near the 3" min that the axle manufacture states there should be and no where near the clearance you will find on most of the other fiberglass trailers still in production. Also suspect that if Frank had traveled off the beaten path with his trailer, as people such as Thom and myself and many others here do that we would not be debating whether we were looking at dirt or rubber rub off.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #31

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Exclamation

We have removed the latest 8 posts pending administrative review. We have some concerns that these posts are not appropriate for our community. We will either reinstate the post or let you know that they are permanently removed. Please do not repost this content in the interim.

Thanks for understanding,

Site staff
Old 08-24-2014, 11:00 PM   #32

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
We will either reinstate the post or let you know that they are permanently removed.
Posts have been permanently deleted.

Tags
parkliner