Boler Table Bolt - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
Search brings up too many results for this - two questions: anyone know where to get a replacement for the bolt on the floor that holds the Boler table leg in place? It's the bolt with the piece of metal coming out that threads into the table leg - the metal broke off of mine.
And second question - how do I replace that bolt - do I have to remove the water tank? Doesn't appear to come out the bottom of the Boler...
Thanks in advance!
Grantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:24 PM   #2

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Quote:
Search brings up too many results for this - two questions: anyone know where to get a replacement for the bolt on the floor that holds the Boler table leg in place? It's the bolt with the piece of metal coming out that threads into the table leg - the metal broke off of mine.
And second question - how do I replace that bolt - do I have to remove the water tank? Doesn't appear to come out the bottom of the Boler...
Thanks in advance!
I can't help you with where to get the bolt. I just removed mine, which was bent, because it always got in the way of storing stuff under there when the bed is set up rather than the table (almost always for us). Sorry, I threw it out rather than keeping it.

What it seemed like to me was that the bolt was installed from the underside of the trailer, above the water tank, perhaps on the underside of the particle board floor. I "simply" pulled mine out from the top side, which left a 3/4 inch or so hole that I filled before putting on the new flooring which we were doing anyway (which was the reason I removed the bolt at this time).

I would therefore expect that you should remove the water tank to install a new bolt, which would install from the underside of the trailer.

The other reason I removed the bolt was because it didn't seem to make much difference when the table was in use. Our table leg has a fold-down gear that seems to hold it in place fine without the added bolt.

So, if you can't find a bolt, perhaps a stronger/different table leg gear would serve the purpose?

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler
Thanks for the reply!
I've noticed that when I had the bolt, I could travel with the table up and store things underneath. Without, it is not secure enough. Table flies around when traveling with it down too. I'll look at adding a couple brackets that I could thread a bolt through or something like that, surprised no one else has had this problem!

Grantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:30 PM   #4

Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
I'm facing the same dilemma about that table leg bolt. I feel like taking it off as it doesn't seem necessary when the table is up. Will I regret it when I'm on the move? Will the table go crazy when I'm on the road?
Uncle Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:53 AM   #5

Name: Philippe
Trailer: Boler Voyageur 1977
Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cereal View Post
I'm facing the same dilemma about that table leg bolt. I feel like taking it off as it doesn't seem necessary when the table is up. Will I regret it when I'm on the move? Will the table go crazy when I'm on the road?

I've removed mine, as it prevented me from easily pushing duffle bags under the bed. I never saw any use for it. The table leg was not even going over it.

I've read somewhere you're not supposed to drive around with the table up, something about stressing the back wall when going over bumps an such.
wire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler