MN For Sale: 2014 Scamp 13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2015, 02:46 PM   #1

Name: Katie H.
Trailer: 2012 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Minnesota
For Sale: 2014 Scamp 13

We love our Scamp 13', but additions to the family have changed our plans! Perfect for campers who want to stay dry in a rainstorm with the added comfort of an indoor kitchen. We have added "pet-safe" screen material to the screen door. Front and rear storage cabinets, stove and sink covers, 2" hitch receiver on the back provide opportunities for a bike or luggage rack. Dual propane and extra-easy Fiamma awning.

Features included:
Three speed roof fan
1.9 Cubic ft refrigerator
Furnace (16,000BTU)
Battery pack group 24
Gravel Shield
8 ft awning
Dual gas tanks
Screen door with pet-safe screen
Front cabinet
Rear cabinet
Silverware drawer
2"receiver
2 Burner stove
Stove cover
Front porch light
Custom spice rack (not attached to outside walls of Scamp)

Price is $12,000.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF2519.jpg   DSCF2518.jpg  

DSCF2521.jpg   DSCF2513.jpg  

DSCF2516.jpg   DSCF2514.jpg  

DSCF2510.jpg  
Old 10-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #2

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: 13 ft 2005 Scamp Deluxe; 2002 Subaru V6 Outback
Oregon
Nice Scamp. I'm interested in your experience with the Flamma awningm as I'm thinking of replacing my Catalina awning...any comments appreciated...what you liked/disliked about the awning. Thanks for your feedback.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:52 PM   #3

Minnesota
We love the awning. It's super easy to set up and put in. The downside, in our opinion, is we aren't able to attach the legs to our Scamp (I think some people are able to set that up) and it's not really a rain awning, just a sun awning. Otherwise, it set up nice, is a good size, and gives us a nice homey feel.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:01 PM   #4

Name: Sue
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Is yours still for sale?
Is it snowing yet?
Please be honest…I am a older single women ..can I handle this trailer alone?
Is your price in stone…long drive for means expensive…weather changing.
I do not see A/C… I am in Fl. How far are you from the factory?
Old 10-18-2015, 02:10 PM   #5

Minnesota
Hi Sue,

Ha...no snow yet, but our Scamp is winterized already. Yes, you can handle the trailer alone. I have been able to successfully hook up this trailer with ease. It is light enough to maneuver yourself! We are about 4 hours south of the factory (the Scamp folks could easily install an A/C unit for you). We do have a little wiggle room in the price if you are interested.

Katie and Derek
651-353-8552
Old 10-18-2015, 02:13 PM   #6

Florida
Did you ever price a A/C at factory?
Old 10-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #7

Minnesota
We did. It's $799 for the AC unit. We believe the install is free if you purchase the unit, but can't remember for sure.

Katie and Derek
Old 10-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #8

Florida
I will check and get back to you.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:58 PM   #9

Name: Larry
Trailer: Shopping
New Jersey
Please forward info where we can look at your trailer. We have a 2014 VW Tiguan with a 2.0 liter engine and 4 wheel drive. I will need to get a hitch setup to transport it. Any recommendations?
Thank you,
Larry and Donna Smith
Old 12-12-2015, 06:50 PM   #10

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
EtTrailer sells a hitch adapter for the Tiggy.

Here is a picture of the module for the lights and ties into the car's CANBUS to activate the trailer stabilization system.

Most of the harness is already installed in the Tiguan.
Here is a link to the amazon sales page
http://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpower...PY1XYBR2JW838Y

The Tiggy is a pretty good tow vehicle and with the proper module and activation the fuel and cooling maos and transmission are optomized for towing.
you will still need to add a brake controller and power fot the trailer.
European trailers usually have mechanical surge type brakes and have no built in provisions for electrical brakes.

The module gets mounted behind the back drivers-side trunk panel. You will need to disassemble the back left trunk wall (where the jack is stowed) to install it. There are two cables wrapped up in tape and cushion foam that plug into it. The two machine screws and speed nuts secure the module to the metal wall. The Y-cable harness is mounted up under the drivers dash board next to the OBD port. Look for a loose blue connector and two black ones connected together. Connect the blue connector of the Y-harness to the loose blue connector. Separate the two black connectors and plug each of the Y-harness black connectors into them. The seven-way Pollack port gets plugged into a connector that is stowed under the bumper next to the hitch mounting point. Pull the grey clip to unlock it from the stowed port. I had to buy a 90 degree angle bracket from U-Haul to secure it to the frame ($7). No other cables are required. Everything needed to make it work is included - except for the Pollack mounting bracket. You may need to have your VW dealer program the car's ECM to recognize and use the tow control module. The light signals were present on my Pollack plug after installation. The advantage of having VW program the ECM ($130 in labor) is that it supposedly alters the vehicle handling to compensate for the towed load. I use mine to tow vintage bugs to car shows, so you hardly even know they're hooked up due to their light weight and aerodynamic shape. Not sure if it works with other VW models. Check with your dealer or do a google search on tow modules for your specific vehicle. this is for the tiguan only. This is all you need to hook up trailer lights. thanks
By Fowler Volkswagen on July 21, 2014
Old 12-13-2015, 06:07 PM   #11

Minnesota
SOLD

I cannot figure out how to delete this classified trailer. The 2014 Scamp 13 is sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemariehagen View Post
We love our Scamp 13', but additions to the family have changed our plans! Perfect for campers who want to stay dry in a rainstorm with the added comfort of an indoor kitchen. We have added "pet-safe" screen material to the screen door. Front and rear storage cabinets, stove and sink covers, 2" hitch receiver on the back provide opportunities for a bike or luggage rack. Dual propane and extra-easy Fiamma awning.

Features included:
Three speed roof fan
1.9 Cubic ft refrigerator
Furnace (16,000BTU)
Battery pack group 24
Gravel Shield
8 ft awning
Dual gas tanks
Screen door with pet-safe screen
Front cabinet
Rear cabinet
Silverware drawer
2"receiver
2 Burner stove
Stove cover
Front porch light
Custom spice rack (not attached to outside walls of Scamp)

Price is $12,000.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:19 AM   #12

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemariehagen View Post
I cannot figure out how to delete this classified trailer. The 2014 Scamp 13 is sold
Ads aren't deleted. A moderator should move it to the read-only archives soon. Congratulations on your sale! Best wishes in whatever direction your future travels take you.

Tags
scamp