Bigfoot B28 silver cloud Vancouver island - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2017, 07:41 PM   #1

Name: Michelle
Trailer: 81 bigfoot 17ft
BC
Bigfoot B28 silver cloud Vancouver island

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1260610061

I took a look in person and it has a tonne of potential - I thought especially as a tiny home or guest cabin. Needs some work or rip it out and start over.
Attached Images

Michelle Nanaimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #2

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
Id LOVE to own that Silver Cloud! And for 2000 CDN ??? WOW
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Nanaimo View Post
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1260610061

I took a look in person and it has a tonne of potential - I thought especially as a tiny home or guest cabin. Needs some work or rip it out and start over.
:there is another 28' in Kelowna, BC but is newer than the one shown here.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:11 PM   #4

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
wow is right !!!!

if somebody was in the market for that size....and had a plan of "buy cheap and spend time and money" to make a perfect personalized home on the road.....this would be it!!! that Bigfoot shell is just this side of indestructable...and (as far as I am concerned) all the elements are already in the right place : rear dinette/living area....mid kitchen and bathroom....heck the closet even ends up right by the door (like in any old regular house)...

it would take a hefty TV to haul that around...and I don't think you'd take it out for a weekend....but...

I have two friends who have bought fifth wheels to live in and they hire a hauler to move it twice a year....this would be a good fit that too...for a total outlay of less than ten thousand dollars (CAN to boot!) one could have a very livable "tiny house"

that ad should not be up long I bet
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:52 PM   #5

Ohio
Franswa, I agree completely! I would actually buy that and totally redo it for a few years while we use our current egg till retirement. Then use the Silver Cloud post retirement. Problem is I can't go 3000 miles away to check it out and pull it home. I just got back from a 2 week vaca and work would kick me to the curb if I asked for 2 more weeks off. Oh well I need another project like a hole in the head. I hope the new owners restore that baby and enjoy it!
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Old 05-07-2017, 04:32 AM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Interesting design differences from our Silver Cloud. We do not have a front dinette quite like that. We have a pull-out couch and twin beds in the back instead of a full bed.

Hope someone here buys it and fixes it up.

CindyL
Old 05-07-2017, 07:03 AM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Actually, we do take our Silver Cloud out for the weekend! We pull in, hook up the water and electric (and sewer when available), and enjoy. Everything else already has a place in the trailer and is ready to go. We tow with a 2010 Ford Expedition with heavy duty package (up to 9200 lbs.) and ProPride hitch.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:02 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Actually, we do take our Silver Cloud out for the weekend! We pull in, hook up the water and electric (and sewer when available), and enjoy. Everything else already has a place in the trailer and is ready to go. We tow with a 2010 Ford Expedition with heavy duty package (up to 9200 lbs.) and ProPride hitch.
It is actually easier to do this with the larger camper than it was with the smaller camper.

CindyL
Old 05-07-2017, 09:30 AM   #9

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
:there is another 28' in Kelowna, BC but is newer than the one shown here.
Stude
Hi Stude,

Can you post a link to it? I've searched with no luck.

Also, anybody have the exact interior height of a Silver Cloud? I've read conflicting info from 6'4" to 6'9"

Thank you!
Old 05-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWScarab View Post
Hi Stude,

Can you post a link to it? I've searched with no luck.

Also, anybody have the exact interior height of a Silver Cloud? I've read conflicting info from 6'4" to 6'9"

Thank you!
Hubby is 6'1 and does not duck anywhere. This camper is truly a home away from home. Literally, one of us can watch TV in the livingroom while the other watches in the bedroom, so you don't have to fight over what you are watching. And we have recliners in the livingroom. All in molded fiberglass.
We plan to use ours down south when we sell this house and spend winters where my hands and feet are happier. They do not like the cold.

I don't know the exact height, but here is a pic of me in ours. I am 5'8".

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
second kitchen shot.jpg  
Old 05-07-2017, 12:05 PM   #11

Registry
Here is the link. It has a lot more pix.

Unique older 24 ft Bigfoot Silver Cloud | travel trailers, campers | Victoria | Kijiji

Copy and paste it into your browser, since it is not showing up as a link.

Maybe you can buy it, and they will store it until you can pick it up like we had.

CindyL
Old 05-07-2017, 12:17 PM   #12

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
I have seen this one. It will need to be stripped and gutted to the walls as well as an exterior re-do. The shell is in great shape, but has been roller-painted with house paint - right over decals and stripes.

The interior cabinetry is going to have to be completely re-done - there are a lot of exposed 2x2's and raw plywood. 12V system is shot.

It has great "bones" - if you are up for a total re-do of the ultimate Rolls-Royce of trailers, this is the one for you. Given the prices of brand new Bigfoots, if this had a good repaint outside and whole new interior, it might be competitive with units costing over $75,000. It even has all the manuals and all bills and receipts from new, including the original owners manual and original bill of sale! ($30,000 in 1988!)

First Bigfoot I've ever seen with jalousie windows!

By the way - 2 5/16 hitch in case you're coming to get it. (It's in Sydney, on Vancouver Island, very close to Victoria)

It is well beyond my abilities/skill set or else it would have followed me home after viewing. Price is good, the guy has sold his house and it has to go - NOW!
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #13

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Our son-in-law is 6'5" and only ducked a bit at the AC unit. I would say it is good to 6'5" but not more.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, cloud