Escape 19 or 21 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2017, 06:22 AM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: In the market
North Carolina
Escape 19 or 21

Just wanted to reach out and get opinions on the Escape 19 vs. 21....looks like the price is around a $1500.00 differance. I was told that the 19 out sold the 21 last year by the Escape sales person.
Thanhs in advance,
Mark
MSURRATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:08 AM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
You do not mention your tow vehicle but wanted to give you my perspective as I have owned both trailers. The 21 has more space and is bigger, naturally. There is more counter space, rear dinette, double bed. You enter right by the bed. The 19 has the rear queen bed and front dinette with windows on every wall. But is narrower and shorter - 18" and weighs less. For a couple with dogs we like the 19, any larger family would probably want the 21.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:26 AM   #3

Name: Mark
Trailer: In the market
North Carolina
I have a 2017 chevy silverado 1500 so I shouldn't have a problem towing. It will be most of the time just my wife , myself abd 2 small dogs. Every once in a while a grandchild or two. I was looking at the bed and shower on the 21 being beside each other, looks like you loose 6" of width compared to the 19 but you wouldn't crawl over each other to get up, right now that's not an issue. I hope to find someone in NC to go look at the difference in person. I am also looking at the Casita 17 which is quite abit less but for some reason I keep going back to the Escape and keep watching the US canada $ exchange.
Thanks
MSURRATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:33 AM   #4

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Mark, the only advice I will give you is to see both models in person. Spending a little time in both will make it very clear which one you prefer. Either take a look at them at Escape's showroom at the factory in Chilliwack or contact Escape and they'll refer you to owners in your area.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:02 AM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSURRATT View Post
I am also looking at the Casita 17 which is quite abit less but for some reason I keep going back to the Escape and keep watching the US canada $ exchange.
Thanks
Mark,

We have had a Casita 17 for going on two years now and it's a wonderful trailer. That said, the Escape is boxier and the upper cabinets are larger. You'll really have to see the different trailers in person to appreciate the differences.

We are driving to Chilliwack on Monday for a Tuesday visit. I expect that we will come home and begin a build sheet. We are going with... ...well, "something" to be determined and announced.

I have figured from six ways to Sunday on how we can best make the Casita work for us, a near-retired couple with no kids, no pets, two folding bikes and plein air painting gear. While the Casitas are certainly working out wonderfully for many others, we are just not finding it an entirely good fit for our evolving requirements.

Your needs, preferences, and experience will be different. I have no regrets that we bought our Casita prior to ever seeing any of these units as that continued my education, (coming from a teardrop trailer), and enhanced our ongoing trailering experience. However, I am seconding here the oft-repeated counsel of this forum to go and see them for yourself. I believe that it will be time well-spent.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:06 AM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Endless threads on the advantages and disadvantages of each over on the Escape forum.

We moved from a Casita to our Escape. A larger bed, a large dinette, 10X the storage capacity (really), room to pass each other in the center aisle were all reasons for the switch. Much of the lower "storage" in a Casita is not storage at all: it's your water tank, water pump, batteries, electric panel, furnace, etc.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:26 AM   #7

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
I agree with Robert. We can all tell you why we chose what we did, and how great it is, but until you spend some time in both models, you will not know what works best for YOU.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #8

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I really wanted an Escape 21 but didn't want the smaller corner bed with the bathroom wall against it. I have to use a cpap at night and the only place for it would be on the floor blocking the bathroom door. I make frequent bathroom trips in the night so that was a no no for me I bought the Escape 19 and love it. My 50 year old son wants it when I'm finished with it but he'll have to wait to inherit it.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #9

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
This might help...
Attached Thumbnails
Escape19-21.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #10

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
I really wanted an Escape 21 but didn't want the smaller corner bed with the bathroom wall against it. I have to use a cpap at night and the only place for it would be on the floor blocking the bathroom door. I make frequent bathroom trips in the night so that was a no no for me I bought the Escape 19 and love it. My 50 year old son wants it when I'm finished with it but he'll have to wait to inherit it.
No rush!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:54 PM   #11

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Mark, If you want to see the 19 and 21 together at a place not too far from NC then you might want to rent one of the little cabins at the Niagara Wine Escape rally Sept 15-17. I suspect many versions of both sizes will be there, even Jim's old 21' Escape is expected to make an appearance.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:50 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Name: jerry
Trailer: ESCAPE 21/ OXYGEN 21
Missouri
19 Escape vs 21 Escape

money wise check out what u get on each, some of the options on the 19ft . are actually included in base price of the 21ft, for instance the large frige is standard on 21 but optional on the 19, so for the $1500 upgrade to the 21 ur getting alot when u figure included options and a larger trailer . length and width!!
oldstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:17 PM   #13

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Two in the barn

Hi Myron
I resemble that remark. Had a little fun taking that photo. We sold the 19 this past week and are outfitting the new. to us 21. Loved the 19, the 21 gives us a little more room and storage. Bed is big enough for the two of us and I ain't small. Building is 24 by 32 and usually just holds one Escape and my Tractor, mower and boat. Back to normal Wednesday when the buyer picks up the 19. Took 36 hours to sell, only 9 hours overnight for a positive response. Can't go wrong with Fiberglass.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3113.jpg   IMG_3122.jpg  

Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:06 AM   #14

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
In our case, we have limited storage space at our house, that limited us to a 19. You really can't go wrong with either. If space is not an issue, I probably would have gone with a 21.

We barely had space for our 17 foot Casita, so squeezing in the Escape 19 was challenge enough....
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #15

Name: Charles
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17
Texas
We decided to go with 19, which we have never seen, mainly for the following reasons: (1) bed is in the rear positioned side to side like the Casita 17 we have, wife likes to hangout in the bed and look out the back and side windows, 21 bed is in the front positioned lengthwise, with only one side window to look out of; (2) 19 will be significantly larger than what we now have, should feel roomy coming from 17' trailer, we probably don't need the extra 2 feet that comes with the 21, plus extra width, and weight, (3) if we aren't happy with a 19, seems like little down side, Escape trailers sell fast, like Casita. Cheers
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape