Bigfoot gaucho bed modification - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2016, 07:16 PM   #21

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft 1992 / Chevrolet S10 4.3L.
Picture bed modification

I take many pic of my bed without foam [Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8729.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	95776

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8733.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	95777

Name:	IMG_8731.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	95778

Name:	IMG_8735.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	95779

Bed open , bed close under bed open , and under bed close
Yvon Chayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:21 PM   #22

Picture bed modification

May be you can enxtend the lenght if you cut the wood at the end and Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8738.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	280.3 KB
ID:	95780adjust the hight for you pellow

The bed have 76 inchs and if you remove or cut the plywood and put a foam in thr storage hole you can extend 5 inchs
Old 05-31-2016, 09:38 PM   #23

Name: James
Trailer: Bigfoot B-17G
New Brunswick
Thanks so much for the pictures, Yvon. What did you use for the tracks? Those are straps on top to keep it from over extending, but what did you use for the bed to slide on? I live in New Brunswick, and am going through Ottawa on my way to pick up the trailer in Picton. I can stop at Lee Valley tools and get just about any kind of hardware to do the job. Thanks again for the pics! I appreciate your help
All the Best,
James
Jayemright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:28 AM   #24

Track for bed

I have use two 16 inches track bought at Rona store but probably avalable at all hardware store

Name:	Demann-mute-three-drawer-slide-rail-track-rails-font-b-donated-b-font-three-ball-screws.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	95782
Old 06-29-2016, 09:32 PM   #25

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
Bigfoot gaucho bed modification

Bigfoot gaucho mod.

I finally got around to getting pictures of my mod. Torn rotator cuff surgery has knocked me a good one in the meantime.

I'm not seeing a way to post those pictures from my iPhone. Anyone know how?

See my earlier description of the whys and wherefores.
Barb and Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:02 PM   #26

Washington
Registry
Bigfoot gaucho mod
Trying to post pictures 
Name:   ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1467258742.789530.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  11.5 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1467258755.201296.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  13.1 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1467258775.980410.jpg
Size:  17.3 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1467258788.986677.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  13.1 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1467258812.144883.jpg
Size:  14.3 KB

Alan and Barb
Old 06-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #27

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Wonderful ideas and the pictures are extremely helpful. Our 89, 17.5' gaucho had been modified by a previous owner (took out all overhead cabinets, removed bathroom door, replaced curb side front dinette seat and seriously modified the gaucho area. I have spent the last four years gradually making changes.
Thank you especially Yvon for the pictures of your gaucho modifications in post #21.
I did have a question for Franswa on post #19 - It looks like the edge of the curtain is secured under the edge of the light fixture. Is that correct?
And for Alan (Deadheads) in post #26 - Is that clamp routinely used for the bed extension? And, I really like those support posts you created. They are sturdy and yet come apart for easy storage!

Here are a few pics of my BF as it looked when we bought it. The first two are the gaucho and rear wall changes made by the po, the third is the shelf modification across the front end, and the last is the shelf modification running over the kitchen area. All this meant that I had to remove almost everything from the shelves whenever we hit the road!
Attached Thumbnails
rear side side view small.jpg   pax wall and door.jpg  

front wall.jpg   dvr side wall small.jpg  

Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:31 AM   #28

Washington
Registry
Hey, Lora. Yes, I have a dedicated clamp that holds the addition on to the gaucho. This year I abandoned the "X" legs in favor of a square frame leg at each end of the platform. When set up things can be stowed out of the way underneath and when not in use the legs have a locking folding hinge that makes the whole thing flat. If you'd like I can post photos and let you know what hardware I got from Amazon for the hinges. It's a much better setup.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #29

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
if I had a G I'd be tempted....great solutions both...because let's face it 41" ain't no "double" no matter what the brochure says.....LOL

but I noticed in the pictures.....something that used to get on my nerves and that I have dealt with....easily....and that's the shower curtain storage in the BF wet bath...

storing it by the toilet is obvious at first but it's all crumpled up at that end, is in the way of the toilet and when deployed never hangs straight....(sound familiar?)

I store it other end....after buying any old shower curtain cut it exactly in half (now you got another one for next time)....install two 1/4" screweyes (?) in the corner (not in the FG)... a length of 1/4" bungy cord....add a little suction cup....loosen the bathroom light and slip the end of the curtain behind it and tighten back up again.....

now the curtain will always lie flat against the bathroom wall (no more crumples, be out of the way from the toilet and hang perfectly straight when deployed)

very simple but a vast improvement over storing it opposite side....and you can trim the bottom of the curtain to fit the bulge created by the holding tank at the far end for a perfect fit...again so it always hangs STRAIGHT down

I love that wet bath.....I'm surprised they haven't come up with the same idea...a little larger for small apartments....sure is a snap to keep clean...

after preview...in the pictures....the wire coming out of the top of the light powers a computer fan in the hatch...(when the light is on so's the fan)...the white pipe near the floor is the rerouted heat duct that used to come out under the dinette seat....my door is turned upside down (so it opens the other way)....and I removed the door catch (hinges are spring loaded anyways)...a small bungy keeps the door secured for travel

happy trails F
This is going to change my life...maybe an exaggeration but thanks for posting this. I'm sure I could have come up with something but I have so many other things on my list that I haven't had a chance to brainstorm the bathroom yet. I have all the frustrations you describe. This is a great solution.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #30

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
How about a picture? Sounds like a nice mod.
Walt
Old 06-27-2017, 10:19 PM   #31

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
post 19....

old thread eh?

and can't really call a shower curtain a "mod"....
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:33 PM   #32

British Columbia
Registry
more bathroom ideas ???

for more space....using up a little bit of volume that was just dead air....under that little locker above the toilet

four SS screws hold it up.... rubber washers against the FG

the HARDEST part was drilling the holes
Attached Thumbnails
curt5.jpg   curt5b.jpg  

curt6.jpg   curt7.jpg  

Old 06-27-2017, 10:58 PM   #33

British Columbia
Registry
last post...promise...

I removed the spring schock closure deal from the existing cabinet...so it would open fully.....the shock cord in the pics around the knob are to secure it for travel

that white thing visible is a piece of cut/slit plastic pipe that slides... again to secure the two barn doors during travel.....little magnetic latches keep them shut during CG stays

I made sure there was space BEHIND the FG before drilling the holes (by pushing against it)....then I measured how deep the void was (one inch or so).....the SS screws are 3/4"
Attached Thumbnails
adonelb.jpg   adonen.jpg  

Tags
bigfoot