Can we peek inside your Casita? Cincinnati area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: in the process of buying a Casita 17 Liberty Delux
Ohio
Can we peek inside your Casita? Cincinnati area

Hi all.

My wife and I are considering buying a Casita 16 or 17 footer, and we would like to look at one. Would anyone owning a Casita in the Cincinnati area consent to letting us look at theirs?

Thanks in advance.

Dave8850 (known in the real world as Dave Loebach)
area code 513 phone 703-4002
Dave8850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:51 AM   #2

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
Dave, you really need to be more specific on what your needs are in your camper. Do you need a bathroom, will a porta-potty do? Air? Heat? 3-way fridge? Solar? Sleeping space for 2, 3 or 4? Each layout will have it's own pluses and minuses.

There is a lovely Casita in Kansas right now with bath, A/C but sleeps 2 in a big bed. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post648585
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: in the process of buying a Casita 17 Liberty Delux
Ohio
Thanks, Kay. We live in CIncinnati so Kansas is a bit far just to take a look, but we probably would drive there to pick one up. Thanks for the response. I did modify my post to make it a bit clearer.
Dave8850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:37 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave8850 View Post
Thanks, Kay. We live in CIncinnati so Kansas is a bit far just to take a look, but we probably would drive there to pick one up. Thanks for the response. I did modify my post to make it a bit clearer.
Dave,

Welcome to the forum.

The molded fiberglass manufacturers support referral programs. Contact Scamp, Escape, and Casita as you like and they should be able to give you the phone number of someone local who will let you look at their trailers.

We bought our Casita sight unseen. My wife was shocked at how small the trailer was when it was delivered. It was in accord with what I had expected. Regardless, It looks like we will be buying trailer #3 soon, having started with a teardrop a few years back. Even though the Casita was basically in accord with what I had expected, it's a mutual decision on our part to trade up. We are going to take advantage of the favorable exchange rate and have an Escape built for us.

We regret none of the purchases as each has lent something to our education. Seeing as you have apparently have a Rockwood and some some familiarity with trailers, I expect that you are already a leg up on where we had started from.

Best of luck on your search.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:11 PM   #5

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
I would love to show you mine but I am in VA. We are part of the Casita referral program with Casita as well. If you look at a Casita etc... there is a program where owners get a commission when they show the trailer and the person buys one, We do travel a good bit - going to MI to the Algonac State Park rally Sept 8 - there should be lots there. There are rallies all over the country that you could drop in on and check them out - LOTS of them at one time - all kinds, Scamps, Casitas, Boler, Escape, etc... Check this forum and the Casita forum for upcoming rallies or here https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...7542619619&z=3 or here https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...7.64741525&z=4
Old 07-07-2017, 06:32 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We have a 1999 17' SD in Columbus if your interested, it's not for sale, in seeing it. We're leaving for NC Outer Banks in a week though.

Or if your not in a hurry you can drop in the rally at Ceaser Creek (half way between Col and Cin) in the fall.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ing-79328.html

There was a arranged sale of a 17' SD there last fall.

Joe
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Good thing the letter "K" works on your keyboard!
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:06 AM   #8

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
Dave,
. . . We are going to take advantage of the favorable exchange rate and have an Escape built for us.
Which model Escape? I was just looking at their website, and wishing it made sense to trade our Casita 17SD for an Escape 21, with a bed you can escape (!) without clambering over your spouse.

/Mr Lynn

PS Dave, if you're ever in eastern Massachusetts, you're welcome to come peruse our Casita.

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:18 AM   #9

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
Which model Escape? I was just looking at their website, and wishing it made sense to trade our Casita 17SD for an Escape 21, with a bed you can escape (!) without clambering over your spouse.
Not really on topic with this thread, but it might make sense. The exchange rate right now means about a 25% discount to US buyers.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:40 AM   #10

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
That's the one! Being in the showroom with all four sizes there on display and having had a couple of years of using the Casita learning about our needs and preferences made the decision very easy for us. The choice had been less clear when we were just looking at the website and brochures etc.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled forum topic!

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Trailer: Winnebago
We have a highly modified 2010 Liberty Deluxe in Richmond KY that you are welcome to see if that is not too far for you to drive.
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #12

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Buy a 17' has wider bed.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #13

Name: Peter
Trailer: Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
New Jersey
Viewing Casita

Hi Dave,

I'll be picking up a 2017 17' Spirit Deluxe from Rice TX in about 3 weeks. I'm planning to be taking it to the Hershey RV show in early September.

If you do make the trip to the show, please let me know and I would be happy to show it.

The RV will have customization from the good folks at Little House Customs in TX. Things like the improved entry steps for the Casita, solar ready connections, hitch, platform for generator, a Froli system under the bed, a weight distribution hitch, a microwave other than the one from the factory, a TV other than the one from the factory, a few more things and possibly the window awnings for the Casita windows.

Regards,
Peter
Cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita