Border opening, maybe - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 08:28 AM   #21

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Why? Because they have lost their freedoms as a result of not getting vaccinated - that decision being based on a fear of side effects. And we do know that there are both short and long term side effects from the COVID-19 immunization. I have experienced both myself. The day after my second shot I had a fever as high as 100.1 (f) along with body aches for about eight hours. And two weeks later the long term side effects kicked in. Side effects such as freedom to feel safe in public, and to leave my mask in the car when I go shopping. Side effects such as being able to see my mother in a nursing home (who is also vaccinated). A nursing home where between five and ten percent of the residents got COVID-19 have died by the way. Perhaps the side effect of being able to visit Canada. Maybe vaccinated people will turn in to zombies in ten years but the most highly educated medical professionals in the world promise that negative long term side effects will not be a problem. But then again, maybe they don’t watch “The Walking Dead.”

When it comes to communicable diseases privacy laws usually do more harm than good. If I travel to Canada or anywhere, I will have my real vaccination card. I even have a “I got vaccinated” button which I have worn to let people around me feel more comfortable since I was mask-less. But then someone asked me if I was going to wear a “Yellow Star” also – linking prudent medical precautions to the targeting of Jews by Nazis. With thinking like that the Canadian border should remain closed.. as should the border at my house. In the animal world, the fittest is the strongest and the ones with the best genes. For humankind, the fittest must also be intelligent. Our ignorance is going to doom the elderly and ignorant first but we will all pay a price. If not this time then the next.
Gotcha beat, gordon2. I have made earrings and 2 necklaces that say "vaccinated," for the same reason as you have a button. I also bought plastic wristbands for both Kevin and me to wear. My doctor was so tickled when she saw the wristband that the next time I went there, they had a stack to give to other patients.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
wristband covid.png   vaccinated earring.jpg  

Old 07-18-2021, 09:25 AM   #22

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
We would still have a Polio and Small Pox pandemic if it weren't for vaccines and mandated quarantines!!! Any body remember the days when they would put a Quarantine Sign on your house if someone living there was Quarantined! I even know what it means if you see a toad nailed on a fence post in front of some ones house!
Old 07-18-2021, 10:52 AM   #23

Name: Tom
Trailer: 21' Escape
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmm View Post
We would still have a Polio and Small Pox pandemic if it weren't for vaccines and mandated quarantines!!! Any body remember the days when they would put a Quarantine Sign on your house if someone living there was Quarantined! I even know what it means if you see a toad nailed on a fence post in front of some ones house!
The scar on our arms from the small pox vaccine is the reason that our grand children don't have one. The vaccine worked and everyone got one............
Old 07-18-2021, 11:16 AM   #24

Name: You can't call me Al
Trailer: SOLD: 1977 Scamp 13'
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
The scar on our arms from the small pox vaccine is the reason that our grand children don't have one. The vaccine worked and everyone got one............
Yeah for science and people who believe in it!
Old 07-18-2021, 11:27 AM   #25

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
As long as some, like FOX, choose to spread misinformation regarding vaccines, I expect the border will remain closed, and I'm glad for that.
I find its more about the recipient of the misinformation, rather than the source. People with any belief can find confirmation sources via the internet, social media, and TV.

Sadly, many people seek CONFIRMATION rather than INFORMATION.

Some people will pay money to get a fake card rather than get a free shot. Go figure. There are doctors and pharmacists selling fake cards......

https://www.ksl.com/article/50206348...-vaccine-cards

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...llets-n1274209
Old 07-18-2021, 12:10 PM   #26

Name: skalywag
Trailer: Oliver
Tennessee
Registry
Not sure about this but, Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau indicated that fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents could gain access to entry in mid-August for nonessential travel, according to a statement from his office. Amen
Old 07-18-2021, 12:21 PM   #27

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalywag View Post
Not sure about this but, Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau indicated that fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents could gain access to entry in mid-August for nonessential travel, according to a statement from his office. Amen
I believe that is how this thread started!
Old 07-18-2021, 12:37 PM   #28

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Parallel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
I believe that is how this thread started!
And there’s a couple of parallels here. That nice stringer of fish is no doubt a great memory. Caught with stuff. I used to fish with an old guy when I was a kid. He was about 45. One day the fish weren’t biting we were fishing a ways apart. He came down the river a couple hundred feet to see how I was doing.
He said “Any luck?” “No” I said. “Me neither” he said, “I threw a quarter in the water a little while ago and couldn’t even buy a bite”
I have bought a number of tackle boxes over the years left behind by fellows who died without using all the lures in the box, many of them vintage and still on the card or in the box. And some with deep grooves, raked by a pugilistic Northern Pike. And I treasure those and wish I’d known the fisherman. The new stuff not so much.
Buy fishing tackle and try to use it all, buy shotgun shells and walk till you can shoot them all at game, buy traps and make yourself a fur hat.
My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.
Catch a big one.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-18-2021, 12:41 PM   #29

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
What documentation for the shots will be required to enter Canada?
No confirmation yet but looks very likely that US citizens will still need to be tested to cross the border, so things might not change very much at all...

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/c...a016e6334.html
Old 07-18-2021, 04:09 PM   #30

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
No confirmation yet but looks very likely that US citizens will still need to be tested to cross the border, so things might not change very much at all...

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/c...a016e6334.html

Thanks , that article is well done and explains a lot...
I won't be visiting Canada until and unless the requirements and protocols become clear and unambiguous.
I would want to arrive at the border with all requisite documents and proofs in hand.
I expect to go only when welcomed and with terms that are acceptable to both the Canadian authorities and to me.
Until then, there are still plenty destinations on this side of the border which I find attractive.

My sympathies to those who have more pressing reasons to cross the border, like family, friends, or events which are important to them.
Old 07-18-2021, 04:21 PM   #31

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Canadian and U.S. authorities are still negotiating the opening.
Old 07-18-2021, 06:42 PM   #32

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
And there’s a couple of parallels here. That nice stringer of fish is no doubt a great memory. Caught with stuff. I used to fish with an old guy when I was a kid. He was about 45. One day the fish weren’t biting we were fishing a ways apart. He came down the river a couple hundred feet to see how I was doing.
He said “Any luck?” “No” I said. “Me neither” he said, “I threw a quarter in the water a little while ago and couldn’t even buy a bite”
I have bought a number of tackle boxes over the years left behind by fellows who died without using all the lures in the box, many of them vintage and still on the card or in the box. And some with deep grooves, raked by a pugilistic Northern Pike. And I treasure those and wish I’d known the fisherman. The new stuff not so much.
Buy fishing tackle and try to use it all, buy shotgun shells and walk till you can shoot them all at game, buy traps and make yourself a fur hat.
My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.
Catch a big one.
Iowa Dave
Dave, that is both poetry, and good philosophy. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2021, 07:14 PM   #33

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Thanks , that article is well done and explains a lot...
I won't be visiting Canada until and unless the requirements and protocols become clear and unambiguous.
I would want to arrive at the border with all requisite documents and proofs in hand.
I expect to go only when welcomed and with terms that are acceptable to both the Canadian authorities and to me.
Until then, there are still plenty destinations on this side of the border which I find attractive.

My sympathies to those who have more pressing reasons to cross the border, like family, friends, or events which are important to them.

The thing with Canada is that if you have ever gotten into any kind of legal trouble, which would remain on your record, you are not allowed in. And we have the same policy with their citizens who have had legal problems. But those in that category can apply for special dispensation. But applying does not mean one will be approved.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:08 AM   #34

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Are you off to exercise your right to yell "FIRE" in a theatre?
If there is a fire, heck yes.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:35 AM   #35

Virginia
The comparison to polio or smallpox sounds good, but how about if we look at a a disease caused by another corona virus - the common cold. Where is the vaccine? There are many virus born illnesses we don't have vaccines for. Just because there is a vaccine for smallpox and polio adds nothing to the discussion that I can see.

The smallpox vaccine actually used a less deadly form of the pox virus to create the vaccine. Hardly the same thing as an experimental mRNA vaccine.

The arguments being made by government leaders are meant to shame people into getting vaccinated and are likely having the opposite effect.

Covid-19 and the various vaccines are serious subjects that deserve scientific discussion and debate. It will be years before we know whether mass vaccination was the right or the wrong strategy. In the meantime, everyone has to make the decision they believe is best for them and their family.

I'm disappointed the government is not treating us like adults and telling us both the good and the bad. Quite often, the statistics don't back up what we are being told. Once the government or the media loses the trust of the people, then everything they say is questioned.

With all we hear about new cases and deaths, have you looked at the most recent death rate for US? There might be a small uptick in fatal cases, but much smaller than the media would have us believe.

https://www.bing.com/covid/local/unitedstates
Attached Thumbnails
US Deaths.jpg  
Old 07-19-2021, 09:45 AM   #36

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
With all we hear about new cases and deaths, have you looked at the most recent death rate for US? There might be a small uptick in fatal cases, but much smaller than the media would have us believe.
IDK where you got that chart.. no link, no documentation, no citations.

If you want the facts then read this report:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2778234

Its much more than a small uptick.

This is the Journal of the American Medical Association, not the media:
Most of the increase in deaths from 2019 to 2020 was directly attributed to COVID-19. However, increases were also noted for several other leading causes of death.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:54 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I'm disappointed the government is not treating us like adults and telling us both the good and the bad.
If you are not being told the good things about Covid 19, how do you know there are good things?
Old 07-19-2021, 09:54 AM   #38

Virginia
Quote:
IDK where you got that chart.. no link, no documentation, no citations.
https://www.bing.com/covid/local/unitedstates

I would think anyone looking at the chart would look at the most current data and see there is a very small uptick in deaths.
Old 07-19-2021, 10:39 AM   #39

No matter. There is no source for the data used. And, graphs can show anything you want by moving the X and Y axis and selection of time-line.
Old 07-19-2021, 11:13 AM   #40

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
According to this Washington Post report, 97 percent of covid hospitalizations and virtually all deaths are unvaccinated people. It seems like the vaccine is working and worth the risk. The longer this goes on the more likely a variant will emerge that is not suppressed by the vaccine and we will back to ground zero - full speed ahead stop of the economy.

And as for comparing it to polio and smallpox, it is certainly appropriate. The technology back then was new and it was scary injecting these new fangled substance in our bodies. The government did the right thing then as they are doing now. Our understanding of viruses, DNA, RNA and all that other medical stuff, which I don't understand, enables us to do more good for society.

I got my vaccine passport today!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...-cases-rising/