Border opening, maybe - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 11:58 AM   #41

Name: skalywag
Trailer: Oliver
Tennessee
Registry
This just in: American citizens and permanent residents who want to come to Canada for non-essential reasons and are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be allowed to do so starting on Aug. 9.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:06 PM   #42

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalywag View Post
This just in: American citizens and permanent residents who want to come to Canada for non-essential reasons and are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be allowed to do so starting on Aug. 9.
Info on CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/world...ing/index.html
Old 07-19-2021, 12:45 PM   #43

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
As long as some, like FOX, choose to spread misinformation regarding vaccines, I expect the border will remain closed, and I'm glad for that.
Really Glenn? FOX News is the only news media organization that isn't a corrupted, biased, and totally left-leaning propaganda spreading news agency out there. I'm sorry for you if you believe CNN, MSNBC, or any of the dozens of other "fake news" agencies out there for your information. Proof positive that the media in general can't be believed anymore. That also includes all the newspapers as well. There truly is no truth in main stream journalism anymore, and ironically, even when the biased journalists have blatantly stated in open forum that "they're OK with that"...Really? It's all biased on slanted misinformation and lies, driven by their need to BS the "sheeple" in this country who are willing to be gullible to their lies.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:47 PM   #44

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Really Glenn? FOX News is the only news media organization that isn't a corrupted, biased, and totally left-leaning propaganda spreading news agency out there. I'm sorry for you if you believe CNN, MSNBC, or any of the dozens of other "fake news" agencies out there for your information. Proof positive that the media in general can't be believed anymore. That also includes all the newspapers as well. There truly is no truth in main stream journalism anymore, and ironically, even when the biased journalists have blatantly stated in open forum that "they're OK with that"...Really? It's all biased on slanted misinformation and lies, driven by their need to BS the "sheeple" in this country who are willing and gullible to their lies.

No vaccine for you.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:50 PM   #45

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
No vaccine for you.
Sorry, but the wife and I have been fully vaccinated since February. (We're both old geezers and got in early.) Not that it matters much. They're still trying to control your life every way they can, even if you are vaccinated.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:57 PM   #46

Name: Tom
Trailer: 21' Escape
Tennessee
Quote:
Really Glenn? FOX News is the only news media organization that isn't a corrupted, biased, and totally left-leaning propaganda spreading news agency out there. I'm sorry for you if you believe CNN, MSNBC, or any of the dozens of other "fake news" agencies out there for your information. Proof positive that the media in general can't be believed anymore. That also includes all the newspapers as well. There truly is no truth in main stream journalism anymore, and ironically, even when the biased journalists have blatantly stated in open forum that "they're OK with that"...Really? It's all biased on slanted misinformation and lies, driven by their need to BS the "sheeple" in this country who are willing to be gullible to their lies.
It's clear that Fox provides the best confirmation of your beliefs......
Old 07-19-2021, 01:00 PM   #47

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
From the radical Washington Post. The details of the opening.

To be eligible for entry, fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents must present a negative covid-19 molecular test taken within 72 hours of flight departure or arrival at a land crossing. They will also be required to upload proof that they have received a full series of an authorized coronavirus vaccine at least 14 days before departure to a Canadian government app.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-border-open/
Old 07-19-2021, 01:06 PM   #48

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEd View Post
From the radical Washington Post. The details of the opening.

To be eligible for entry, fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents must present a negative covid-19 molecular test taken within 72 hours of flight departure or arrival at a land crossing. They will also be required to upload proof that they have received a full series of an authorized coronavirus vaccine at least 14 days before departure to a Canadian government app.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-border-open/
Obviously this is fake news because it comes from mainstream media! Just ask someone from FOX, the leader of fake news.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:45 PM   #49

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Well, this has been an interesting thread. Nonetheless, I just got off the phone with Riverside Park Motel and Campground and we now have a reservation for the Niagara Wine Festival Rally in Sept. (site 26). We obviously had to cancel last year, so this should be fun. We’ve been vaccinated and will get our PCR tests at CVS in Algonac 72 hours before crossing the border, per the directive. Looks like Saturday tests for us!
Old 07-19-2021, 06:55 PM   #50

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
And there’s a couple of parallels here. That nice stringer of fish is no doubt a great memory. Caught with stuff. I used to fish with an old guy when I was a kid. He was about 45. One day the fish weren’t biting we were fishing a ways apart. He came down the river a couple hundred feet to see how I was doing.
He said “Any luck?” “No” I said. “Me neither” he said, “I threw a quarter in the water a little while ago and couldn’t even buy a bite”
I have bought a number of tackle boxes over the years left behind by fellows who died without using all the lures in the box, many of them vintage and still on the card or in the box. And some with deep grooves, raked by a pugilistic Northern Pike. And I treasure those and wish I’d known the fisherman. The new stuff not so much.
Buy fishing tackle and try to use it all, buy shotgun shells and walk till you can shoot them all at game, buy traps and make yourself a fur hat.
My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.
Catch a big one.
Iowa Dave
I wish we had a "love this" button.
Wishing you well, and happy fishing.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:13 PM   #51

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.
Now, THAT'S the truth!

Is this that follows a suitable example for irony?
I find that many who complain of "free-loaders" with regards to public benefits, are often the first to tout "herd immunity" as justification for their own refusal to contribute to a mass good.

Not that this musing is from Jon MB.
Bonnie RB had nothing to do with it.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:49 PM   #52

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
It's clear that Fox provides the best confirmation of your beliefs......
And yours are all well thought out and reasoned, having considered all the facts available...Right??
Old 07-19-2021, 07:53 PM   #53

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie RB View Post
Now, THAT'S the truth!

Is this that follows a suitable example for irony?
I find that many who complain of "free-loaders" with regards to public benefits, are often the first to tout "herd immunity" as justification for their own refusal to contribute to a mass good.

Not that this musing is from Jon MB.
Bonnie RB had nothing to do with it.
I had a fleeting thought regarding writing a poem on this subject. Mostly because I realized I could rhyme immunity, impunity and community but my garden is weedy and I do like my tomatoes and sweet peppers so I didn’t take more time on it. But yes you are right. And ironic and moronic pair nicely also.
All the best to you. I’m wearing my mask in the grocery store again.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-20-2021, 12:46 PM   #54

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Here is a good introduction to what mRNA vaccines are and where they come from (with sources):

https://historyofvaccines.blog/2021/...mrna-vaccines/
Old 07-20-2021, 01:28 PM   #55

Name: P
Washington
I will give it a go either at Nighthawk or Osoyoos. My worry is that they'll think my vax card is fake. I went to a drive by shooting both times and they only filled out the date, time and kind of vaccine for each time. I filled out the rest so it looks odd.

I'll give it a go if them Canadians stop burning. They and we are having exploding fires and smoke. I cannot see the hills today. There are fires going on 3 sides of this area today.

Can Covid and vaccines ever be discussed in a rational, non political way? I think not. Sad times.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:36 PM   #56

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Mainstream or Q Anon conspiracy theory web sites, neither is a reliable source of information. I tend to weigh everything I hear against my own personal experience, as subjective as that is. I used to watch CNN, but it has such a liberal bias that I feel like I should watch an equal amount of Fox to balance it out. That takes too much time, so I watch neither.

I prefer the CBC, (about things not related to Canada), the BBC, (about things not related to England) and Aljazeera, (for things not related to the Middle East) but I, "trust" none. Second or third source everything. Just assume everything is lies and try to filter out the bias. No matter what, you are not getting the whole story, so draw conclusions reluctantly.
Old 07-20-2021, 02:00 PM   #57

Name: P
Washington
Dear Casita Greg and others:

Have you done research on news sources? Or are you quoting what the pundits have told you over and over and over...

For all: A way to learn if a news source is real journalism is to watch or listen for corrections. When a legit newspaper makes an error, a correction will be published. The same goes for TV or radio news.

Are sources named? References cited?

And, very important, can you tell the difference between a hard news story and opinion? Opinion seems to be mistaken for reporting on some "news" sites and stations. Good newspapers will have an opinion page, or else the article will make it clear that it is an opinion piece and is biased.

There is a glut of opinion sources out there and many take these as factual news.

Sad times we live in.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:07 AM   #58

Name: Elliott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Mainstream or Q Anon conspiracy theory web sites, neither is a reliable source of information. I tend to weigh everything I hear against my own personal experience, as subjective as that is. I used to watch CNN, but it has such a liberal bias that I feel like I should watch an equal amount of Fox to balance it out. That takes too much time, so I watch neither.

I prefer the CBC, (about things not related to Canada), the BBC, (about things not related to England) and Aljazeera, (for things not related to the Middle East) but I, "trust" none. Second or third source everything. Just assume everything is lies and try to filter out the bias. No matter what, you are not getting the whole story, so draw conclusions reluctantly.
There's a "media bias chart" that's floated around a few times that's pretty good. I generally stick to the upper/middle sections (limited bias, but more importantly high quality). Most of those tend to be print (well, online) and subscription-required (turns out good investigative reporting costs money) rather than broadcast TV. Generally speaking if you stray down too close to the corners you'll end up less informed rather than more.

There's also some that aren't on the chart that are good for specific niches, like Ars Technica for science and technology. They're great about coming a few days later with a well-researched report on why the latest headline-fad pseudoscience story is misleading (or, occasionally, correct). For covid treatment and vaccine info, Derek Lowe's blog is good but maybe a bit too detailed for anyone without medical education of some sort. (Side note: his "things I won't work with" series is excellent).
Old 07-21-2021, 09:02 AM   #59

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
My science info is sourced from many places. Ars Technica is good, as is Phys.org and even Forbes. I grew up on Scientific American. However, I am currently obsessed with PBS Space Time, of which I have watched every video. I am now working my way through Veritasium, (https://www.youtube.com/c/veritasium/videos).

Did you know that a compressed spring is more massive then an uncompressed spring? Mass is stored energy, full stop. Since this follows e=mc², or m=e/c², (c is the speed of light) the mass difference is quite small.

Heady stuff.

Back to border restrictions.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:08 PM   #60

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Carl nailed it.. 25 years before the pandemic hit us...

Closed Thread