Border opening, maybe - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 12:38 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Border opening, maybe

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/cana...deau-1.5511403
Old 07-16-2021, 08:58 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Glenn Baglo... There's hope for the 2021 Niagara Wine Escape YET!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 07-16-2021, 01:17 PM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Hi Alf
Called Cecelia this AM. She has our Reservation intact. Gotta pick up some Jalapeño Spam for her and some package goods as they used to call it as is Tradition. Fingers crossed now.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-16-2021, 01:30 PM   #4

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
I wonder how they're going to check vaccination status of americans...
Old 07-16-2021, 01:50 PM   #5

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
I wonder how they're going to check vaccination status of americans...
The internet has lots of places where a person can buy forged vaccination certificates.

Canada is smart to keep Americans out for the time being. They have enough to deal with without us.
Old 07-16-2021, 02:09 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
NY residents can get a "passport" issued by the state. They confirm your on line order from their records & give you a scanable pass that goes in your NYS Wallet. Probably better than a copy of your Covid shot record which is pretty easy to forge...
Old 07-17-2021, 09:12 AM   #7

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
What documentation for the shots will be required to enter Canada?

Doesn't 80% constitute herd immunity, or has science just completely succumbed to the distribution of irrational fear to stampede the herd?
Old 07-17-2021, 09:18 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post

Doesn't 80% constitute herd immunity, or has science just completely succumbed to irrational fear to stampede the herd?
Hi: floyd... I herd... it's still "Up in the air"!!!
Old 07-17-2021, 11:43 AM   #9

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
Quote:

Doesn't 80% constitute herd immunity, or has science just completely succumbed to the distribution of irrational fear to stampede the herd?
Herd immunity has nothing to do with it! You should read what herd immunity really is. There needs to be prove that someone has their vaccination shots prior to going to Canada. They don't need or want additional cases coming to their country. If you carry it there and get sick or spread it, it is going to cost you very bigly.
Old 07-17-2021, 02:14 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
Herd immunity has nothing to do with it! You should read what herd immunity really is. There needs to be prove that someone has their vaccination shots prior to going to Canada. They don't need or want additional cases coming to their country. If you carry it there and get sick or spread it, it is going to cost you very bigly.
Of course herd immunity has something to do with it, as in all scientific approaches to epidemiology. Even America's own ministry of propaganda would confirm that

I had heard that they were considering not requiring proof of shots... so I just wondered what protocol was going to be applied.

When I was a kid our dogs were required to wear tags which proved they'd had their shots,but people didn't... not even with small pox or polio.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:55 PM   #11

Registry
So , the question remains... is some sort of "health passport" required to enter Canada, or just what is the protocol?
Old 07-17-2021, 04:15 PM   #12

As long as some, like FOX, choose to spread misinformation regarding vaccines, I expect the border will remain closed, and I'm glad for that.
Attached Thumbnails
covid cases.jpg  
Old 07-17-2021, 06:01 PM   #13

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Yep, maybe you can buy a fake Covid Vacceine ID, but if you get caught, well just saying: https://apnews.com/article/crime-hea...9c37a4b4f14a8d
Old 07-17-2021, 06:21 PM   #14

Name: Ed
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RT
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
As long as some, like FOX, choose to spread misinformation regarding vaccines, I expect the border will remain closed, and I'm glad for that.
In the US, Covid 19 has largely become a disease of the unvaccinated. A sad commentary on our divisive politics. 😩
Old 07-17-2021, 06:58 PM   #15

Registry
Quote:
Yeah nobody wants to consider all sides anymore, they might have to take responsibility for their own lives! Of course anyone who does is so dumb that they are the victims of misinformation which must be censored for the common good.
So, no need for that pesky "bill of rights" thing anymore either.

Still... the question remains... If you want to plan a visit to Canada, what are the requirements for proof of vaccination?
Old 07-17-2021, 07:54 PM   #16

Quote:
So, no need for that pesky "bill of rights" thing anymore either.

Are you off to exercise your right to yell "FIRE" in a theatre?
Old 07-17-2021, 10:35 PM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Are you off to exercise your right to yell "FIRE" in a theatre?
Really? Did you just say that?
Old 07-18-2021, 05:26 AM   #18

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmm View Post
Yep, maybe you can buy a fake Covid Vacceine ID, but if you get caught, well just saying: https://apnews.com/article/crime-hea...9c37a4b4f14a8d
In the article they say you can get a fake vaccine certificate for $100-$200 and a fake covid test for $25 and it's a crime. How could people be so stupid and gullible. If you ask the talking heads on FOX or the other conspiracy theory sites, if they got their shots they will either plead HIPAA or lie about it, but they still say its a hoax. They don't really care about people, they just do it for their big paychecks.
Old 07-18-2021, 05:54 AM   #19

Registry
No cost.

Hi: All... This thread borders on being "Pull it a cull". Why would anyone pay so much for a fake shots Id card? So far my shots cost me Zero, Zip, Nada penny. Oops I forgot we don't have pennys anymore they cost to much!!!
Old 07-18-2021, 07:56 AM   #20

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
...Why would anyone pay so much for a fake shots [or] Id card? So far my shots cost me Zero, Zip, Nada penny. ...
Why? Because they have lost their freedoms as a result of not getting vaccinated - that decision being based on a fear of side effects. And we do know that there are both short and long term side effects from the COVID-19 immunization. I have experienced both myself. The day after my second shot I had a fever as high as 100.1 (f) along with body aches for about eight hours. And two weeks later the long term side effects kicked in. Side effects such as freedom to feel safe in public, and to leave my mask in the car when I go shopping. Side effects such as being able to see my mother in a nursing home (who is also vaccinated). A nursing home where between five and ten percent of the residents got COVID-19 have died by the way. Perhaps the side effect of being able to visit Canada. Maybe vaccinated people will turn in to zombies in ten years but the most highly educated medical professionals in the world promise that negative long term side effects will not be a problem. But then again, maybe they don’t watch “The Walking Dead.”

When it comes to communicable diseases privacy laws usually do more harm than good. If I travel to Canada or anywhere, I will have my real vaccination card. I even have a “I got vaccinated” button which I have worn to let people around me feel more comfortable since I was mask-less. But then someone asked me if I was going to wear a “Yellow Star” also – linking prudent medical precautions to the targeting of Jews by Nazis. With thinking like that the Canadian border should remain closed.. as should the border at my house. In the animal world, the fittest is the strongest and the ones with the best genes. For humankind, the fittest must also be intelligent. Our ignorance is going to doom the elderly and ignorant first but we will all pay a price. If not this time then the next.
Closed Thread