Camping 2021 Season - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2020, 03:07 PM   #1

Name: DAN
Trailer: CASITA SPIRIT
California
Camping 2021 Season

As a Camphost....Lets look at the Highlights of 2020 Covid -19 Camping.
Covid-19 pretty much hit us in Southern Oregon in March 2020.
We immediately attained new CDC Guidelines on customer interaction and cleaning restrooms Daily. Most Vault Toilets are good for a week depending on traffic. We are USFS Campgrounds and have a 60/40% Reservation/WalkIn.
Now the Fun starts....
Around June/July the State campgrounds had so many complaints from Camp Personnel that they went Reservation Only/No Customer Contact for employee safety and to avoid Liability.
Some even CLOSED restrooms and went Self Contained Only for additional safety. Some USFS Campgrounds soon followed the State around August.
Here is the tricky part...
USFS left the Reservation Only option open to the Concessionaires decision.
Same cancelled WalkIn camps, some did not.
Which leaves You the camper to find out in advance as you are a WalkIn.
I expect the same confususion for the 2021 Season...Be Safe
CHICO DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:33 AM   #2

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2005 Bigfoot 21
Free State of New Hampshire
NH Camping is best

Great 2020 season...continuing through the winter. In the Trillium and the Bigfoot. No hassels or hysteria. Fresh air and sun. No Karens in sight.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1306.jpg   Trillium Fall w awning.jpg  

Governor Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:01 PM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Governor Bud View Post
Great 2020 season...continuing through the winter. In the Trillium and the Bigfoot. No hassels or hysteria. Fresh air and sun. No Karens in sight.
OOops you got to be careful "Karen" could be considered offensive to the "woke" crowd.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:49 PM   #4

Name: Michael
Trailer: Casita 16ft.
California
I just got my second dose of the vaccine yesterday. My wife got her first dose last week. By the end of April the sky will be the limit in terms of domestic travel in 2021. Our Casita is ready to roll.We were hoping to go to Ireland & Scotland this year. We will wait until next year for that.
Nor Cal Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:12 PM   #5

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
We can avoid USFS campgrounds that are run by concessionaires. They usually charge more than the campgrounds run by USFS anyway.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:04 AM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
End of March and we will be done with our second shots. A couple of weeks to reach full effectiveness, and we are mobile again!

To below on counties: my county is 60,000 people, but is woefully behind surrounding counties. Its not really their fault, the state controls how much vaccine they get and for some reason, they aren't getting much. As a result, I got my vaccine in the county to the east of us, and my wife got hers in the county to the west of us. The somewhat painful part is registration. Each county is doing their own registration, and then Walgreens is doing theirs. So we registered in several counties. Each of us are the same age, yet she got her call from one, and I got my call from another.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:36 AM   #7

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
End of March and we will be done with our second shots. A couple of weeks to reach full effectiveness, and we are mobile again!
I am free now. Feels good to be able to go places again. I went to the Walmart the other day at mid day for the first time in a year. Weird.

Our county has been very efficient at vaccinating folks and it seemed to be too easy, after reading about other areas of the country. The less populated areas of the state have been moving right along at it. My county is just about ready to start vaccinating the next group of the population. Of course, the population of the county is 40,000 which is paltry.
slowpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:25 AM   #8
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Last summer my camping was limited to weekday trips to the local NFS campgrounds. Some are partial reservation. Mid week the campgrounds were 20% occupancy. Weekend all booked. The host hated the reservation business because he had to keep track and police it. He said the concessionaire was making a lot of money. Reserve America too I'm sure. They can't go reservation only because there's no cell service, though there was one NFS campground in Pennsylvania I visited that put in a pay phone!
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:45 PM   #9

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
What is your favorite camping dinner!

We have been camping local; when possible in a park with lots of trees and space between camp sights just a short drive. The local trailer places are selling a lot of campers and booking sites is hard as they are coming. We are green so they will come. Even before the snow melts. Even when we had the shut downs our numbers were low. Time to plan the next trip menu. Will get the fishing gear out and hope for fish but steak with foil wrapped diced potatoes, peppers and onions in butter, will be an ok substitute. Got ourselves a dehydrator should be able to same some weight and have fun in the process getting ready.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3536.jpg  
Old 04-21-2021, 10:08 AM   #10

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
We are in lock down again but we both have fist covid shot. They stopped all camping for now and are giving refunds. Three future trips to a local park are still booked hope we are open in time.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:29 AM   #11

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
My wife and I are vaccinated and are looking forward to life returning to something approaching normal
Being somewhat optimistic we have made camping reservations for late September and early October of 2021
My parents lived through the Great Depression and WW2 , both of which lasted far longer than the present situation so a couple more months of minor disruptions / inconvenience shouldn’t be a problem .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:46 AM   #12

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
My two weeks after the second Pfizer shot comes up 4/28. I am headed to camp on some private property in South Carolina the first 2 weeks in May. That is assuming no new mutations show up to pee on my parade!

I bought one of those poop in a bag folding toilet seats with the stuff that gels your pee. This way I don't have to use public restrooms and can limit my time indoors with a crowd. I will post a review of the potty when I get back. Hopefully there will be no mishaps!
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote