COVID warning from Brown County rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2022, 05:13 PM   #1

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
COVID warning from Brown County rally

I don't know if this is the proper place to make this announcement but I already made it on the thread for the rally that I just attended 10/14-16 in Brown County. Since the rally is over, I felt that I should put this somewhere that eggers are more likely to see it.

I just got a positive at home Covid test despite being negative before I came to the rally. Thought attendees would want to know. I was being careful to cover my cough while I was there even though I assumed it was just allergies. I hope careful enough not to infect anyone!

So sorry, Lynn
Indiana Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 05:29 PM   #2

Name: You can't call me Al
Trailer: SOLD: 1977 Scamp 13'
Massachusetts
Oh rats.

I hope you have a mild case and get over it quickly.

I'm going in for shot #4 soon.
AlanKilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 05:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Current Covid variants are mild, especially for kids. Some schools are saying, "Don't test." Daughter's kids in VA got sick, pretty severe: turned out it was the flu.

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 07:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We will both test in the AM. Both of us have been a bit sneezy since we got back, but the weather there was warm/cold, warm/cold, not good for avoiding the sneezies.

We both had the bivalent vaccine in time for it to be effective though, before the rally, even against the latest mutations.

I tested positive during our Bigfoot rally in September when other couples tested positive, but it turned out to be a false positive, although my son says that maybe I had it and the vaccines I have had sloughed off the virus. Kevin never tested positive though. We have had all the vaccines against Covid that you can have. In any case even if I did catch it at the Bigfoot rally but sloughed off the virus, three tests done later, including a PCR test, were negative.

Let's hope Kevin and I are negative and that your infection is mild.

CindyL

PS: We are negative.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:49 AM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Florida
Registry
wrong place for this........I think
zorrou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:34 AM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: I started with a 2010 Casita Spirit Deluxe.I now have a 2015, Dynamax DX3-37RV Super-C diesel puller
Box Elder, SD (formerly of Long Island, NY)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorrou812 View Post
wrong place for this........I think

WHERE should it be posted? This sounds like a simple public advisory to me. Had I attended that rally, I'd SURE want to know about it.
FlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 12:20 PM   #7

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy View Post
WHERE should it be posted? This sounds like a simple public advisory to me. Had I attended that rally, I'd SURE want to know about it.
There's a separate forum called Covid RVing Information:

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f100/

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 01:16 PM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
No, I am glad Lynn posted this here in plain sight. Those of us who attended this rally needed to see this. Thank you Lynn

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:31 AM   #9

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
I agree fully with Cindy. Any time I can learn anything about Covid that can help or alert me, my family or anyone else, I believe it’s valid information and a good thing. I don’t care where it comes from especially when it’s sincerely given. Though we did not attend this rally, this year, it’s still the decent thing to do in my opinion.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:47 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
Current Covid variants are mild, especially for kids. Some schools are saying, "Don't test." Daughter's kids in VA got sick, pretty severe: turned out it was the flu.
Thank you Lynn. I ran a quick Google search and confirmed the "don't test" quote, at least it's noted in a back-to-school article on the AMA site!

Quote:
Use tests, but wisely

Testing continues to be important, but not everyone is using testing properly.

“Antigen tests are probably a pretty good approximation of whether you're infectious, but not necessarily whether you're infected,” Dr. Carroll explained. "PCR tests might be better at that. But I do worry that too many people don't test when they're symptomatic at all. But even if they do, they use antigen testing as a one-time check. And if it's negative, assume that: Oh, this illness, even if it gets worse and my symptoms worsen, I don't have COVID. I'm safe to go out.”

Dr. Carroll said “we probably need to serially check with antigen tests, especially when pretest probability is reasonably high. That messaging is not getting out. I think people think that, again, testing is a one-time check. And if I'm negative, I'm good. If you've been around a lot of other people or been in contact with someone that has COVID and you've got symptoms, there's a fairly good chance you've got COVID.
https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-...and-shots-arms

Of course, this is just an article on the AMA site.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:52 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Here's another one, from a county health department site this time!

Quote:
Persons Who Have Been Exposed to COVID-19 (Close Contact)
Recommended Action

If you have been exposed to another person who has COVID-19, you do NOT have to quarantine if you do not have any symptoms.

Exposed = Sharing the same indoor airspace for 15 minutes total over a 24-hour period. (Example: 3 different / 5-minute encounters equal a 15-minute exposure)

A person who has COVID-19 can start to spread the virus 2 days before they start to develop symptoms (or 2 days before their positive test was taken, if they never develop symptoms)
Take a COVID-19 test 3 to 5 days after being exposed.
Wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of 10 days, especially in indoor settings (see masking guidance below for additional information).
Monitor yourself closely for any symptoms of illness for 10 days.
If you develop symptoms of illness, stay home and away from others until you can take a test for COVID-19. If your first test is negative, wait 24 to 48 hours and take another test since some people with COVID-19 don’t test positive right away.
https://covid-19.acgov.org/isolation-quarantine

Anyway, nice catch on spotting that "don't test" language! I guess I don't have to quote all of the similar hits that web search brought up.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally