Covid19 stay home,stay safe - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > COVID-19 RVing Information
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 06:09 PM   #61

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I figure it's a lot more effective to comment on RV Life here on forums than to register with them, so they can delete the comment.

After seeing that article, I added rvlife.com to my pihole block list. (Pihole is an open source ad blocking system that I have running on a raspberry pi.)
Old 04-06-2020, 06:12 PM   #62

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I finally relegated them to the spam folder. Actually I don't use one, but I send them to trash, unopened.

Walt
Old 04-06-2020, 09:23 PM   #63

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Some more positive news!

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nat...19_287410.html
Quote:

Researchers in Australia have found that an anti-parasitic drug can kill COVID-19 in a lab.

In a study published Friday, scientists at Monash University in Melbourne say one dose of Ivermectin, which is available around the world, was found to halt SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) from growing in cell culture within 48 hours.

"We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it," said study leader Kylie Wagstaff.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:31 AM   #64

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Even when faced with overwhelming evidence, some choose to remain ignorant. I don't have time for those folks in real life. Thankfully FGRV gives me a tool to zap them online. Thank you Ignore list!
Old 04-07-2020, 05:56 PM   #65

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Mike, If it’s any consolation, some of us are wondering where the overcrowded hospitals are to. I don’t deny that people are dying in NYC and Louisiana but I think this has been way overhyped. In a bunch of states it is a non event.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #66

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
Mike, If it’s any consolation, some of us are wondering where the overcrowded hospitals are to. I don’t deny that people are dying in NYC and Louisiana but I think this has been way overhyped. In a bunch of states it is a non event.
Stay tuned.

Either we will be successful in limiting the damage or we will not.

In the former case the critics will say exactly what you said - it was over-hyped and everyone over reacted.

In the later case everyone will be critical of how lightly we took the threat.

You cannot judge the outcome by looking at the current situation.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._it_right.html
Old 04-07-2020, 08:14 PM   #67

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
When it is finally over all anyone can do is tally up the bodies and judge from that.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:37 PM   #68

Name: Renee
Trailer: Boler
Washington
I prefer to take medical advice from a doctor who has been in the virology field for 30 years.

I am not a doctor, so I can’t diagnose illness. But I AM a Political Scientist, and can diagnose BS from politicians. And I retired from working in the Pharmaceutical business, in Virology. With World class doctors, including Dr Fauci.
During another high profile epidemic.

Everyone, use your critical thinking skills.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:37 AM   #69

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Stay tuned.

Either we will be successful in limiting the damage or we will not.

In the former case the critics will say exactly what you said - it was over-hyped and everyone over reacted.

In the later case everyone will be critical of how lightly we took the threat.

You cannot judge the outcome by looking at the current situation.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._it_right.html
Hi: gordon2... As I always say, "Never book a Judge by his cover"!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 04-08-2020, 07:22 AM   #70

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
My wife and I have been at home for over two weeks , except for the few hours I went out to go to the doctor . Well today is a big day for us cause we’re going to sneak out , drive to the next small town and pick up our double smoked Easter Ham .
I don’t quite know how my wife and I are going to consume an 18 lb ham since the grandkids won’t be here to help this year . I suspect I will be eating a lot of ham salad ,bean soup , and ham sandwiches in the near future
I suspect this this Easter ham dilemma is some sort of clandestine plot by devout liberal animal rights activists or the Jewish anti ham league or the Muslim Brotherhood or the American Beef Council or Feminists against Ham or anyone of the other USUAL SUSPECTS
I am also positive , if I look on the internet I can find an imaginative video showing who’s behind this plot to ruin our Easter ham dinner but all it would do is lead to me doing or saying something really stupid .

Speaking of stupid , I live in Wisconsin and yesterday we had an organized, sanctioned exercise in how to spread Covid 19 .
We will have the results of our efforts in about 2 weeks , right about the time they get the votes counted . Probably won’t be a winner in either contest .
Old 04-08-2020, 08:19 AM   #71

Registry
Hi: steve dunham... To make sure you've done ham properly check "Ham hacks" on the interweb. I'm sure there's a plot there somewhere!!!
Old 04-08-2020, 08:35 AM   #72

NW Wisconsin
This will be the first time in our 50 years of marriage that we will not be celebrated Easter dinner with our family ( our 5 children, their spouses and our 13 grandchildren) a tradition we wished to continue. Just for a point of information Easter falls on April 12th this year .
Old 04-08-2020, 08:42 AM   #73

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
This really happened.

Please don't shoot the messenger......s.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:43 AM   #74

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: steve dunham... To make sure you've done ham properly check "Ham hacks" on the interweb. I'm sure there's a plot there somewhere!!!
Hi Alf; thanks for the information. We hope to someday make it to your rally and get a chance to meet you in person , it sounds like a fun gathering. I really admire and enjoy your clever way with words and your sense of humor .

God Bless , stay safe , and HAPPY EASTER !!
Old 04-08-2020, 09:12 AM   #75

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Hi Alf; thanks for the information. We hope to someday make it to your rally and get a chance to meet you in person , it sounds like a fun gathering. I really admire and enjoy your clever way with words and your sense of humor .

God Bless , stay safe , and HAPPY EASTER !!
Hi: steve dunham... Same to you and yours.
For my hamming it up for Easter I cover it with water... add peeled carrots, an onion. celery, garlic cloves, whole cloves and pepper corns. Bring the water to a boil and then simmer it till the ham is heated thru. The strained ham broth can be used for the split pea soup as a base.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:31 AM   #76

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
My wife and I have been at home for over two weeks , except for the few hours I went out to go to the doctor . Well today is a big day for us cause we’re going to sneak out , drive to the next small town and pick up our double smoked Easter Ham .
I don’t quite know how my wife and I are going to consume an 18 lb ham since the grandkids won’t be here to help this year . I suspect I will be eating a lot of ham salad ,bean soup , and ham sandwiches in the near future

It's a shame the next town over doesn't produce a double smoked ham in anything smaller than 18 lbs. Luckily ham freezes well. Also, to misquote Monty Python:

Ham ham ham ham hamitty ham..

If all else fails you can make Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and a fried egg on top, and ham

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hwqlw

Quote:
I suspect this this Easter ham dilemma is some sort of clandestine plot by devout liberal animal rights activists or the Jewish anti ham league or the Muslim Brotherhood or the American Beef Council or Feminists against Ham or anyone of the other USUAL SUSPECTS
I am also positive , if I look on the internet I can find an imaginative video showing who’s behind this plot to ruin our Easter ham dinner but all it would do is lead to me doing or saying something really stupid .
The Jewish anti ham league doesn't care if YOU eat ham. They only care if Jewish people eat it. On that note, the Anti Ham League wishes all its Jewish friends a very happy (but very socially distant) Passover, which starts tonight at sundown.
Old 04-08-2020, 09:46 AM   #77

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Ham Dodgers Unite!

This is the first Easter that you can just drive and pass right by a Honeybaked Ham Store anywhere on the Planet too!

Making Lemonade from the Keyboard......?
Old 04-08-2020, 11:00 AM   #78

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Well some people are certainly making the best of the situation.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:21 AM   #79

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRaw View Post
It's a shame the next town over doesn't produce a double smoked ham in anything smaller than 18 lbs. .
Our local butcher shop starts taking orders for their double smoked whole hams 45 days in advance of Easter so normally if you don’t get on their order list early you are out of luck
This year whole hams were on sale for $1.50 / lb but 1/2 hams were at their normal price of $2.99/lb , so being frugal , we went with our usual , a whole ham . I assure you the ham will not go to waste but it will go to my waist .

Hoping you and yours have a Happy Passover / Easter
Old 04-08-2020, 11:49 AM   #80

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Well some people are certainly making the best of the situation.

Great job. Thanks for a good laugh.

Walt