Covid19 stay home,stay safe - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 10:49 PM   #1

Name: kar
Trailer: vanguard
Saskatchewan
Exclamation Covid19 stay home,stay safe

COVID 19 KILLS PEOPLE. Stay Home, Stay Healthy. set up camp in your yard . keep 6 feet from people . Covid will get worse before it gets better (talks of second wave) it’s looking like it will last well into the summer if not the fall. STAY HOME STAY SAFE , its your life your children's life your grand children's life your best friends life Use COMMON SENSE , STAY HOME STAY SAFE
Old 04-05-2020, 06:16 AM   #2

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Welcome, good advice!
Old 04-05-2020, 06:34 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: karey... Home is where the health is!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 04-05-2020, 07:03 AM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Good morning and welcome to the forum
We have a rally planned for late September, so we hope you are wrong but reason tells me you are probably right on . God willing there will be a next year
Stay safe and well
Old 04-05-2020, 09:45 AM   #5

Name: Deb
Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot B19
British Columbia
I welcome the message, Karey. The more people yelling this from the virtual roof tops, the better. Too many folks are NOT taking this seriously, and I, for one, would very much love to be able to head out later this year or next. But I have to still be around to do that.

Remember "YOU are public health".
Old 04-05-2020, 10:10 AM   #6

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
OK thin-skinned folks. I deleted it myself to save all you hand-wringers from having a tizzy. But really? What the heck! Did he just crawl out from under a rock? Where was this person coming from with this statement? This has only been going on for well over a month already. Real pearls of wisdom here. Like there isn't anybody that hasn't been baraged with corona virus news, umpteen times a day, day in, day out.
Hi Greg , I am sitting outside on my front deck ,and taking in the nice Spring weather . ( Above freezing )
I am enjoying a good cigar , while watching the lake ice finally start to go out . Maybe someday if we are ever allowed to enter Washington State again , we can shoot the bull , and pollute the air !

God Bless , stay safe , and forgive / ignore my spelling and poor sentence structure
Old 04-05-2020, 10:25 AM   #7

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
But how can anyone forgive your lack of proper punctuation?
Old 04-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #8

Name: Bob
Trailer: Casita - 2019 SD17
Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by karey View Post
COVID 19 KILLS PEOPLE.set STAY HOME,STAY SAFE,STAY HEALTHY, set up camp in your yard . keep 6 feet from people COVID WILL GET WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER (TALK OF SECOND WAVE) IT LOOKING LIKE IT WILL LAST WELL INTO THE SUMMER IF NOT THE FALL STAY HOME STAY SAFE , its your life your children's life your grand children's life your best friends life USE COMMON SENSE, STAY HOME STAY SAFE

Karey, your post is very appropriate! I talked to my niece on the phone last night and she tells me there are many people who are ignoring your advice and that of the CDC. According to her, there are a lot of tourists still coming into Lake Tahoe and Eagle, Colorado on vacation. (We have family in both areas.)

I read a recent article about the VA. The VA projected that this pandemic is going to last almost 18 months. In my opinion, since there are many who are not taking the current crisis seriously, I expect it will definitely last through the rest of this year, though I sure hope not.

I was hoping to be able to test drive my new trailer. While it does look nice sitting along side of my home, I was under the impression that "travel trailer" had something to do with travel. I could be wrong. I have been wrong many times before.

Seriously though, Karey, very good post and not just for RVer's.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:33 AM   #9

NW Wisconsin
“Righteous Indignation ? “
Old 04-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #10

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Maybe this is righteous indigestion!!! I can't stomach it. How long will it be before the forums are shut down?
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 04-05-2020, 10:53 AM   #11

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
Stay Home?

First I've heard of that!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!
Old 04-05-2020, 10:57 AM   #12

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
OK thin-skinned folks. I deleted it myself to save all you hand-wringers from having a tizzy. But really? What the heck! Did he just crawl out from under a rock? Where was this person coming from with this statement? This has only been going on for well over a month already. Real pearls of wisdom here. Like there isn't anybody that hasn't been baraged with corona virus news, umpteen times a day, day in, day out.
Your forgiven as it’s totally understandable that someone in Washington State who has been staying at home for SIX weeks might be getting a little testy with people from outside your area yelling at you to stay Home! After all we all only have so many things to fix on our trailers, or Jigsaw puzzles to do to fill our time with ;-)

I know those of us to the North who have only been at it for 3 weeks are starting to get a little frustrated as well!

Sadly this is a situation where it’s clear based on the experiences of other countries a “We are All In This Together” situation. Sadly it’s a message that some parts of North America have not gotten yet and unfortunately leaving those who do, getting more and more frustrated each day. :-(

If it makes you feel any better the situation here on Vancouver Island is looking very promising and we may be able to go camping at least on the Island in the not to distant future. But unfortunately my trailer is caught up in the lock down in Ohio! So at this rate it may be winter again before it’s declared safe enough to drive across the US, staying in hotels to go get it. Gurrr
Old 04-05-2020, 12:22 PM   #13

Name: R.R.
Trailer: Escape 21
California
Look out!
Attached Thumbnails
fear.jpg  
Old 04-05-2020, 12:26 PM   #14

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
My wife told me she had called the two gardeners we use to come by today, to do some yard work. My reply was, are you crazy? We are sheltering in place. I have plans to survive this thing.

Even if, though, being already half through my seventies I am the last one here, no food is available, the government and all responsible authority has disintegrated, and utter chaos reigns for those of us left. I asked her, how could we know where those two gardeners have been the last weeks?

The story of contagion is vile. In 1826 Mary Shelley wrote “Farewell to the giant powers of man,” in ”The Last Man,” her book. The book was set in the 21st century. It was about a disease that had ravaged the world. It imagined the extinction of the human race by way of a human pandemic.

In 1722 England Daniel Defoe wrote that the government is keen to contain public panic of the then current black plague, by suppressing the publication of books. Reading was evidently going to breed panic. One in five Londoners died anyway.

Edgar Allen Poe wrote about the Red Death in 1842. Jack London wrote “The Scarlet Plague” in 1912, a pandemic that wiped out nearly everyone, “the high and the low, the powerful and the powerless.“ That plague came in 2013. A lone survivor lived alone in an old hotel at Yosemite, living off canned food until he emerges in 2073. Albert Camus, Stephen King, others I am sure, all observed the incapacity of man to understand suffering they cannot see.

There are five words to remember. You may otherwise contract the most serious strain of the virus, which can result in death by suffocation. They are, “Don’t panic, wash your hands.” Ok, make that seven: “A lot.” Your chances improve if you get a milder infection. Don’t count on it.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:28 PM   #15

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Hi Greg , I am sitting outside on my front deck ,and taking in the nice Spring weather . ( Above freezing )
I am enjoying a good cigar , while watching the lake ice finally start to go out . Maybe someday if we are ever allowed to enter Washington State again , we can shoot the bull , and pollute the air !

God Bless , stay safe , and forgive / ignore my spelling and poor sentence structure
Hi Steve,
There's always time for a good cigar. Although we have been unseasonably chilly here, but not freezing, we have had an inordinately rainy Spring so far. If you should ever find your way out here, it's be fun to shoot the breeze and solve all the world's problems over a good cigar.

And Carol H,
I think you kinda hit the nail on the head. Yes, out here in WA, which is where it all started in the USA, we have been living in isolation and under constant bombardment from the Health people, the Gov't, the media, etc. It seems that there is nothing else going on in the world besides the pandemic. Not to make light of it, but it's becoming a bit overwhelming and stifling. In short, it's starting to take its toll on everybody's sanity as well as their physical health. My wife is all but freaking out and is starting to show signs of depression and dread of becoming another "statistic." It's just wearing on everyone's nerves. Sorry if my earlier post was what it was, but frustration and ennui are the rules we live by now. That, and the fact that I slipped a few days ago and hit my back on the edge of the kitchen counter, cracking a rib. Then, two days ago our $2800 fridge, that is just a year and a half old, crapped out. So now we're living with everything in coolers on the back deck and having to make daily "ice runs." Just hasn't been a good week. But we'll survive.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:33 PM   #16

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I have requested this thread be relocated to the COVID section of the forum.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:41 PM   #17

Name: kar
Trailer: vanguard
Saskatchewan
Quote:
COVID 19 KILLS PEOPLE. Stay Home, Stay Healthy. set up camp in your yard . keep 6 feet from people . Covid will get worse before it gets better (talks of second wave) it’s looking like it will last well into the summer if not the fall. STAY HOME STAY SAFE , its your life your children's life your grand children's life your best friends life Use COMMON SENSE , STAY HOME STAY SAFE
First of all I will say sorry for caps letters, (yelling) I wanted to get my point across. I have been on this site for over 5 years. I do enjoy reading the posts.(some answers i like, some i don't) I got upset about people planning rally's, trips etc. (covid19 can live on a hard surface for days). COVID 19 as per Donald Trump it would blow over by Easter. well Easter is next week and numbers still going up. we all have to be on the same page, Canada and the U S sorry to say every one should STAY HOME AND STAY SAFE it will not be over in weeks. it will take months. and months (I am not happy about summer holidays at home) and by the way I did not just crawl out from under a rock but looks like others must have.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:02 PM   #18

Name: Derek
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Hi Greg/Steve - a good cigar? Yessir! Hot damn! Forgot I had a stash of Cubans I bought in Havana about a decade ago. Squirreled them away in a humidor I bought there too.

I guess everyone's doing the pot and pans banging at 7:00 p.m. to thank health care workers so that'll be my first cigar. My coughing will sound just like the pot and pans cacophony.
Stand outside the front door about 7:00 - you should be able to hearing the coughing from your place!
Old 04-05-2020, 01:16 PM   #19

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrorojo View Post
Hi Greg/Steve - a good cigar? Yessir! Hot damn! Forgot I had a stash of Cubans I bought in Havana about a decade ago. Squirreled them away in a humidor I bought there too.
Ahh, real Havana's! Something that we can't even get down here. (Not the real ones at least.) After ten years in storage, you may want to "resuscitate" them if they haven't been tended to for a while. I'd recommend getting some humidity back in them before enjoying one. I personally try to shoot for a "70/70" with mine. 70 degrees at 70% humidity. Might take you a few weeks to bring them back from the other side, but real Cubans! Worth the effort. I'm jealous!
Old 04-05-2020, 01:37 PM   #20

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
First of all I will say sorry for caps letters, (yelling) I wanted to get my point across. I have been on this site for over 5 years. I do enjoy reading the posts.(some answers i like, some i don't) I got upset about people planning rally's, trips etc. (covid19 can live on a hard surface for days). COVID 19 as per Donald Trump it would blow over by Easter. well Easter is next week and numbers still going up. we all have to be on the same page, Canada and the U S sorry to say every one should STAY HOME AND STAY SAFE it will not be over in weeks. it will take months. and months (I am not happy about summer holidays at home) and by the way I did not just crawl out from under a rock but looks like others must have.
Ok, sorry about that, but since your first 3 posts ever all were just last night and all nearly identical, it was easy to assume you'd just joined for the sole purpose of telling us what to do.

We'uns are already doing what you suggest. But I wish to point out that no one can know (without clairvoyance) or definitively say that "it will take months and months." Keep in mind that Italy was, what, a week or two ahead of us in catching the virus? And it appears they've peaked and are coming down, if the graph I saw is correct. So we might be peaking any day now, too... especially with our younger demographics and overall better health care system.
Closed Thread