New British Columbia travel restrictions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 05:46 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
New British Columbia travel restrictions

New British Columbia travel restrictions
BC Premier John Horgan says new travel restrictions are coming to reduce the movement of people and prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Horgan said the province has been working with the tourism industry to reject bookings from people travelling outside their local areas.
He said he's confident tourism businesses will comply, but the province is prepared to enforce new orders if they don't.
Solicitor General Mike Farnworth is drafting orders to further restrict travel, Horgan added, to stop people from leaving their health authority for non-essential reasons.
He said random audits of travellers will be made to make sure people are complying with rules and BC Ferries is going to stop taking booking for people with recreational vehicles.
Signs will be placed along the B.C.-Alberta border to remind travellers that they shouldn't be coming to B.C. unless it is for essential reasons.
People with camp reservations that must be cancelled will be reimbursed.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:18 PM   #2

Name: jack
Trailer: Bigfoot
Arizona
Thanks. Perhaps by 2025?
Old 04-19-2021, 06:29 PM   #3

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
They do have a problem.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:40 PM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Thank you Glenn for the update
I read today that the US and Canada are discussing a limited border opening based on positivity rates and vaccination levels
If this comes to fruition, it looks like I will need 2 passports but I can live with that .
Old 04-19-2021, 07:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Seems like every other plate around here is red and white!
Some people just don't get it and it puts everyone in jeopardy.
Local salesman contacted it somehow, infected his wife and father who is fighting for his life,,,,, but the couple is fine.
Fred
Old 04-19-2021, 08:33 PM   #6

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
We hoped to make a trip to B.C. last year and based on this information, it may not happen this year either. An old friend in Vancouver, same age (mid 70's) was only getting the first shot a couple of weeks ago, almost 3 months later than us. I hope they catch up.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:45 PM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
got my first shot last week they told me I should hear from them in 4 months,,,
Old 04-20-2021, 11:30 AM   #8

Name: PCO6
Trailer: Cadet
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED SMAILES View Post
got my first shot last week they told me I should hear from them in 4 months,,,
Same here. I have a date and time for the 2nd shot but I'm not confident it will happen. Vaccine procurement has been haphazard at best.

Ontario closed its borders yesterday to Manitoba and Quebec for all but essential travelers. The Feds also announced the Canada / US border will be closed for an additional month (I've lost track). Provincial Parks are closed to over night campers until the end of May and Crown Land is closed to campers indefinitely ... day use only in both cases.

I'm pretty sure I'll get some camping in this summer but events - forget it.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #9

Name: George
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Registry
Hi Glen, Whistler has just about been closed by the Brazil strain. BC has a problem with visitors from the US using BC roads to reach Alaska and getting stuck in BC, as well as visitors from other provinces since we can't leave Canada. Do you know if Canadians with valid Covid Vaccine passports can enter BC? The Covid problem in Quebec and Ontario is not "theatre". All our hospitals are filled to max and field hospitals are being erected. Ontario has asked for additional health staff from other provinces. We are constantly running out of vaccine. This is real, like a war result! Do you know if BC has plenty of lumber? Our lumber yards are running out and causing delays or postponements.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:18 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Lumber prices have shot up because everybody is staying home and doing home improvements. I'm just getting the laurel hacked down from 30' to 6'.
Those heading for Alaska aren't getting stuck in BC. They are required to travel straight through. No visiting Banff or Jasper or Victoria on the way, but some do, and get a court date and/or fines.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:49 PM   #11

Name: Derek
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Don't want to sound smug but I live on Vancouver Island and we're one Health District. I've had my shots but we're acting like we haven't.
Derek
Old 04-20-2021, 05:20 PM   #12

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyowill View Post
Good information there Govenor Bud. That is what we need, not more chicken little hysteria. Thanks
Information or political , anti science propaganda ?
If you don’t like how the Canadians run Canada then don’t go there .
My fishing partner lost his mother and sister to covid - My 35 year old daughter lost a friend to covid
If my behavior is defined as chicken little hysteria by the likes of you then I wear that badge proudly!
Old 04-20-2021, 05:46 PM   #13

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
+10 to Steve, those of us who have lost friends seem to have a different opinion to taking simple precautions and embracing vaccines.

We had relatively strict rules here in North Carolina but since they were not enforced, they were nothing more than suggestions...

Our second shots were 3/30 and 3/31.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:03 PM   #14

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
+10 to Steve, those of us who have lost friends seem to have a different opinion to taking simple precautions and embracing vaccines.

We had relatively strict rules here in North Carolina but since they were not enforced, they were nothing more than suggestions...
My wife and I got our 2nd covid shots on April 8th and are still wearing our masks and maintaining social distance when we are out in public .
All of this is for totally selfish reasons , we don’t want to get sick or die , and we don’t want to make others sick or be responsible for someone’s death
For us this has nothing to do with politics, we just follow the science
Now it’s time for us to pray to our statue of Saint Fauci ,so see you tomorrow
Old 04-20-2021, 07:46 PM   #15

Name: Mark Bradley
Trailer: 1976 Boler B-1300 1980 Bigfoot B-17
Manitoba
Say Jeff maybe you should tour a Covid ICU unit in your local hospital before you cook hot dog wieners and roast marshmallows.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:47 PM   #16

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Way too political and not related to camping or FGRV's so it doesn't belong here. Just a reminder you may have political opinions, you can go places and share them but this isn't that place.

No one wants to come here and deal with that stuff. We can't leave it up because it makes the place seem unwelcoming.

Simple solutions is to realize no one comes here to discuss anything political. If someone might view what you're about to say as political, or if you are including descriptions and terms that have political perspective in them just don't post. Simple as that.

Apply the respect, curtesy, and circumspection you would use if you and others were a guest at someone else's campfire. Read the community rules https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ork&page=rules and follow them. Or don't post. When in doubt remember it is generally hard to be too kind in your comments so strive to be kinder.

We are all I presume adults and should be able to focus our discussion on camping and FGRV subjects while avoiding politically charged terms or commentary.
Closed Thread