NM State Parks Closing - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-26-2020, 09:48 PM   #81

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Hype and propaganda have obscured the facts.

Dr. Deborah Birx is a world-renowned global health official, recipient of two US Meritorious Service medals and the Legion of Merit award. She was appointed to her current post in 2014 (under the previous president). I say that prior to posting the following link, so people can't scoff and say it's partisan politics.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...nt-coronavirus
People like Neil Ferguson used inaccurate models and false suppositions to support an extremely dire, doomsday forecast for this viral strain. Now he's been called before Parliament to explain why he got it wrong. But the damage has been done; the media took up the red banner and waved it vigorously before the people, and like a herd of longhorn steers they all took off running.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:56 PM   #82

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018- 21FT- FORD
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osos1 View Post
Ever notice how some out there seem to always gravitate towards Doomsday predictions? Then there are others who will use any reason to criticize the Administraton.
Just like there is always a small vocal group that will use any excuse to praise this administration .
I don’t blame the administration or China for the Covid virus but I do hold the administration responsible for their response .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:00 PM   #83

Name: R.R.
Trailer: Escape 21
California
What about Cuomo? DeBlasio wanted to quarantine NY a week ago and Cuomo pulled a power play "No, that would be illegal....sic..no one but the State can do that".

Who banned travel from China in January to howels of Racism! Get some Slipcheck & Hang Ten!
Osos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:01 PM   #84

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
How many cases would you consider serious, and not just a hoax?
If this virus were to kill anywhere near as many as influenza, I'd consider it as serious as influenza. And we don't panic over influenza, do we? So Covid-19 still wouldn't be serious enough to panic over.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...-who-estimated
Flu: A half million dead people, and normal folks just go on with their regular lives.
Covid-19: 20,000 or so dead (mostly aged folks with preexisting conditions who are close to dying already) and we have to keep everything shut down? That's not sensible.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:06 PM   #85

Oklahoma
Quote:
What about Cuomo? DeBlasio wanted to quarantine NY a week ago and Cuomo pulled a power play "No, that would be illegal....sic..no one but the State can do that".

Who banned travel from China in January to howels of Racism! Get some Slipcheck & Hang Ten!
Hey, I'm glad you brought these guys up. Did you know that Cuomo was taking his daughter to his press conferences instead of leaving her home (social distancing)? And did you know that Mayor de Blasio has continued going to the gym even while he demands that his city citizens stay home and isolate themselves? Rules don't apply to those guys, do they!

These guys don't seem too worried, in real life. They say one thing and do another. What do they know that the sheeple don't?
Old 03-26-2020, 10:18 PM   #86

NW Wisconsin
This thread has degenerated to a point that it no longer serves a useful purpose
To Raspy ; you stated your position succinctly and eloquently but for a small few the only voice they hear is their own and your words fall on deaf ears
I wish no one any ill but if certain individuals contracted the corona virus it would be their just reward .
Old 03-26-2020, 10:21 PM   #87

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Just like there is always a small vocal group that will use any excuse to praise this administration .
I don’t blame the administration or China for the Covid virus but I do hold the administration responsible for their response .
Me too! I hold the administration responsible for quickly getting production ramped up of masks and ventilators. And for caving in too easily to the shutdown pressure. It's a mixed bag.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:25 PM   #88

Name: R.R.
Trailer: Escape 21
California
Quote:
This thread has degenerated to a point that it no longer serves a useful purpose
To Raspy ; you stated your position succinctly and eloquently but for a small few the only voice they hear is their own and your words fall on deaf ears
I wish no one any ill but if certain individuals contracted the corona virus it would be their just reward .
That's really bad. I guess you just want to shut down any opposition to your "succinct & eloquent" ideology.
Osos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:28 AM   #89

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Steve, I made the mistake of looking at this thread before I logged in. What that did was show all posts including those on the ignore list. I encourage you to use the ignore feature to block the political nutballs. This will also prevent them from sending you unwanted personal messages.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:15 AM   #90

Oklahoma
Quote:
Many people's mental picture of a Covid-19 infected person is that of a man lying in a hospital bed, gasping desperately for breath. But in reality, 99 out of 100 who contract the virus will simply have mild to moderate flu-like symptoms or no symptoms at all. I am in very good health (to the chagrin of some here). So if I got the virus, I suspect I might have a sniffle.

Even if I thought I'd be one of the scant few unfortunates lying there on a ventilator, it would not change my opinion of what's right and best for the people in general. And as for me personally, well, hey doc give me plenty of morphine and let me go to my better destination. I "have not been given a spirit of fear..." But I suppose those who don't have that confidence are more likely to be bound up in fear over any such potential illness.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:16 AM   #91

NW Wisconsin
Love the ignore features

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyM View Post
Steve, I made the mistake of looking at this thread before I logged in. What that did was show all posts including those on the ignore list. I encourage you to use the ignore feature to block the political nutballs. This will also preevent them from sending you unwanted personal messages.
I took care of that problem over the last few days using the forum’s ignore feature
I also realize that others have applied that same remedy to my posts
When listening to the daily federal corona virus briefings on TV , I have learned how valuable the mute button is . I mute out the campaign rally portion (BS) and listen to the doctors , who actually want to save lives
Most of the press conference is a total waste of time but right now all I have is time to waste

Stay safe and well .
Old 03-27-2020, 09:30 AM   #92

Name: Zach
Trailer: 91 Bigfoot 17
Montana
Registry
Quote:
That's really bad. I guess you just want to shut down any opposition to your "succinct & eloquent" ideology.
Did you just join the forum to start arguments or something?

This thread is quickly headed for shut down.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:05 PM   #93

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2010 Little Joe / 2010 2 Dr Jeep Wrangler
Colorado
I totally agree w/Zacho
This is or should be shut down
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #94

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
I totally agree w/Zacho
This is or should be shut down
Why? If a person doesn't like what they're reading, the solution is a simple mouse click away (stop reading). Or must the opposing views be silenced, too? The former method is how we've always done it in the USA, but I must admit that Russia has had great success using the latter.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:02 PM   #95

Name: John
Trailer: Black Series HQ19
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
And we don't panic over influenza, do we? So Covid-19 still wouldn't be serious enough to panic over.

You are the only one describing a sensible, science based medical response as "panic" Not me.
And since I'm not a cult member, I don't have to recite talking points based on image, or profit, over humanity.
Further, I'm not happy about the deaths related to this. To me it makes no sense to wait until the numbers surpass some other disaster before admitting there may be a problem, or using slanted numbers to argue a point, as told to by a leader. Most of us are capable of reading history, understand pandemic acceleration rates, and the need to prepare for disasters, as much as possible, in advance. Others can't and blindly follow the party line because they were told to.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread is dead. Positions have been staked out, and too many obviously have no interest in useful discussion. None of this now, has anything to do with camping or trailers.

I'm out and am blocking those who obviously just want to argue a dead end point.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:34 PM   #96

Oklahoma
Sensible? Shut everything down worldwide, make everyone stay home. Something we've never done in the history of our nation. Something that's never been done in the history of the world. Sure, that sounds perfectly sensible, doesn't it? Folks are afraid to touch one another, afraid to be in the same room with one another... folks just about foam at the mouth in their zeal to convince everyone how terribly dangerous this virus is despite the real numbers, and that's not a panic?

Science based? More like W.A.G. based.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:51 PM   #97

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
British Columbia
Keep posting Mike. Soon you'll have this forum entirely to yourself - self isolation.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:43 PM   #98

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Keep posting Mike. Soon you'll have this forum entirely to yourself - self isolation.
Shunning me, eh? Sort of like the Mennonites do?

Glenn, I don't doubt the sincerity and good wishes of you and your buddies. You all want what's best for the most people. But I do want you all to consider the possibility that you've been deceived by the deluge of alarmism from the news outlets.

I also want what's best for the most people. I have listened to the MSM just like the rest of you, and I have listened to alternative information sources as well, and weighed everything in my mind to come to this conclusion.

This is not something which derives from self-interest. From a personal standpoint, I'm perfectly happy to sit at home vacationing while the government pays me to do it (which is what the recently signed $2T bill will do). I'm participating in the social distancing and all that. For the time being this shutdown doesn't hurt me at all. My focus, though, is on what this does long term to all humans on this earth, both here and abroad. I'm convinced there's a very real danger that the shutdown could kill more people long term than the virus would. That makes me a very unpopular poster here for some reason, even at times when I've posted bare facts and science-based information.

People have such a strong antipathy for this viewpoint and for information that runs counter to their own ideas, they don't want to see it, hear it, or think about it; they prefer to close their minds to it and even seem to wish they could stop it from being stated, and that is sad. Why have a Covid-19 forum section if it's only good for sharing the 'popular' or 'p.c." viewpoint?

You're usually the contrarian around here, Glenn; you've been famous for it. Yet in this you would rather rebuke the contrarian (me).
Old 03-27-2020, 04:59 PM   #99

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
British Columbia
I still read it all.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:42 PM   #100

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
I grew up in New Mexico. I own 4 acres just east of Albuquerque. There are some really beautiful areas of the state. When I bought my Bigfoot last year I was really looking forward to getting to spend some time there camping in some of these places. I still am. The house on my property needs some work. My plan was once everything thawed out and it stopped snowing I was gong to go to NM and stay in the Bigfoot while working on the house. But, I can wait.
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote