Picking Up My Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 09:34 AM   #1

Name: Scott
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alaska
Picking Up My Trailer

Finally got ferry service out of Juneau. We depart 2 May head to Eastern Washington pick up trailer. Was planning on heading into Montana then north cut trough some old climbing areas we frequented in Canada on the way to the Ice Fields Highway. Hit 16 go to Prince George then up the Cassiar.
QUESTION: What’s the status on the parks on the Ice Fields Hwy?
Are parks open yet?
Are the parks in the Cassiar open in May?
I’m not really worried about that because once we are in the Cassiar there are plenty of spots to pull over and sleep.
Not concerned about trip south as that is going to be the quick and dirty one.
Plus I’m assuming that borders will still be open and not quarantined.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:57 AM   #2

Name: Martin
Trailer: Trillium 13. boler 13.
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Finally got ferry service out of Juneau. We depart 2 May head to Eastern Washington pick up trailer. Was planning on heading into Montana then north cut trough some old climbing areas we frequented in Canada on the way to the Ice Fields Highway. Hit 16 go to Prince George then up the Cassiar.
Are parks open yet?
I’m not really worried about that because once we are in the Cassiar there are plenty of spots to pull over and sleep.

The Parks will be open (year round) but most camp sites dont open until mid May. Some, not until June.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:24 PM   #3

Alaska
Well, from the looks of things we might put this entire trip off until after moose season. Head south around October if there is a down slope on Covid-19. Now that’s assuming our ferry system is still operational.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #4

Trailer: Trillium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Are parks open yet?
The Canadian/ US boarder is closed to all no essential traffic. You will not get into Canada now, but let's hope in 5 weeks it will be open.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:43 PM   #5

Name: Richard
Trailer: Triple E Surfside
British Columbia
As of today (March 28), Parks Canada has announced that it has suspended all visitor services and all visitor motor vehicle access to national parks, national historic sites, and national marine conservation areas until further notice.

As mentioned above, the border is closed to all but essential services -- mainly freight and people who live on one side and work in health care in the other country, etc.

You'll love Jasper and Banff National Parks when the weather is nice, but please wait until Covid-19 is under control.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:06 PM   #6

Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard McGuire View Post
As of today (March 28), Parks Canada has announced that it has suspended all visitor services and all visitor motor vehicle access to national parks, national historic sites, and national marine conservation areas until further notice.

As mentioned above, the border is closed to all but essential services -- mainly freight and people who live on one side and work in health care in the other country, etc.

You'll love Jasper and Banff National Parks when the weather is nice, but please wait until Covid-19 is under control.

Richard, third post I announced we canceled all plans!
Closed Thread