Sheltering in place - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 11:32 AM   #1

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Sheltering in place

When stuck at home waiting out this mess, you do not have too many options. Of course, you can always make your trailer better, nicer, more functional.

The Geezer will abide. Like Uncle Phil used to say... "Whatta-ya-gonna-doo?"
Check it out:

Old 08-14-2020, 10:40 AM   #2

Name: BJ
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21' Formerly 2015 Escape 19'
Wisconsin
Should my husband or I contract the #$%^^&**&^%$#@@ virus, we plan on quarantining / isolating in our RV. The sick one will have the pleasure of living in the trailer, and the well one will have to take care of them.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:49 AM   #3
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
A day in the life! Thank you for sharing Myron! I hope you got your window fixed
Old 08-14-2020, 10:52 AM   #4

Name: Howard and Kim
Trailer: Escape 17B:former Scamp 13
California
Myron, you live in a beautiful area. Love the rain! And your sweet dog.
Thank you for sharing.
Take care,
Kim
Old 08-14-2020, 11:35 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: MyronL... "How's that working for you"? What's the damage... other than a broken window?
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 08-14-2020, 12:03 PM   #6

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Myron ; At least you are stuck at home in New Mexico which to me makes it bearable
New Mexico is kind of an oasis surrounded by barren desert from my observations
Good Luck
Old 08-14-2020, 01:11 PM   #7

Name: john
Trailer: Compact Junior
Michigan
Thanks Myron

Nice video.....

Seeing the window covered in tape flashed me back to Viet Nam.

All the watercoolers had those big upsidedown glass jugs and they were covered with tape to avoid flying glass if it shattered.

Like the dog too!
Old 08-14-2020, 03:42 PM   #8
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hey, that was a nice little look at your area. Sorry about the window!

My best friends live near Cerrillos... They don't have as many trees, though!

Stay well.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 08-15-2020, 08:17 AM   #9

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Thank you all for the nice words. We are feeling lucky to be living where we are. Compared to our neighboring states here bad Covid stats are very low. The statewide mandate for wearing masks is working, everyone seems used to doing it. Not feeling trapped.

Still, it’s a drag, of course. With so much closed down, exceptions for BLM land and the national forests may be possible but, there’s really no place to take a trailer. We are as stuck as everyone. Going out of state means a two week quarantine upon return. Yet, since we live a couple miles from the big I-40 east-west interstate there seems to always be big RV’s on it.

The window repair at least, gave me something to do. You know what your mother would say. “Did you…go on line?” Heard it a hundred thousand times. I did.

Parkin Accessories has been the wholesale distributor for Hehr windows and replacement parts since 1985. Faxed their order form to them. Parkin has so far never responded. Sent a help me email to Escape Industries. Then found Dwight’s Glass … the biggest glass shop in Abq. Took my Hehr to Dwight’s for an estimate.

Received Email from Escape Parts, “We don’t keep that window in our factory inventory and …Hehr has been bought out by Lippert … are no longer producing those windows…” So I went to the Lippert (in Indiana) website - looked up trailer windows. No listing for the Hehr brand. In fact, no listing for double glazed insulated trailer windows there at all. Then found their -- Duncan/Lippert replacement pricing site. Instant price for a replacement window my size is $386.88 -excluding shipping and tax!

That wasn’t going to happen. Dwight’s will do the job, that is, create/insert a replacement tempered glass, and have it ready in 2-plus weeks. Alf, repair estimate: $125 plus tax. 50% deposit. I ordered a 30 foot roll of Butyl tape.

John, when I first got in country I remember asking how they expected those widely spaced wire screens on army bus windows were going to keep out mosquitos.
Closed Thread