The unexpected consequences..... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 10:09 PM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAG View Post
...This with covid19 98-99% recovery rate which is BETTER than the seasonal flu...
1.29 million people have recovered from serious cases of Covid so far in the USA, and 132,000, or about 9-10% of the total of those, have died. so, no, the recovery rate is NOT 98-99%.

there's another 1.5 million still ill, who have yet to be counted as cured or dead, and the rate of new infections is growing exponentially, with a 7 day moving average of 50,000 a day new infections.

also the numbers this weekend are low because Los Angeles County is upgrading their computer systems they use for reporting, so their data has not been reported since Thursday. Tomorrow, they will probably be reporting the totals for the prior 3-4 days, which had been running over 2000/day for the week prior at a growing rate so that will put a bit of a spike on the curve. I tend to use 7 day rolling averages to smooth out the bumps
Old 07-05-2020, 10:45 PM   #22

Name: Daniel
Trailer: 1994 Casita 16 Liberty
Washington
mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I don't expect you will wear a mask, or understand that wearing a mask is to protect others from you, and if all wear masks they protect one another.
It is harmful to the person to wear a mask. If you wear a mask thinking it will protect you, you do not have the right to harm another by telling them they have to wear a mask to protect you=what makes you more important than the person you don't mind hurting?
Old 07-05-2020, 10:49 PM   #23

Name: Daniel
Trailer: 1994 Casita 16 Liberty
Washington
Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
1.29 million people have recovered from serious cases of Covid so far in the USA, and 132,000, or about 9-10% of the total of those, have died. so, no, the recovery rate is NOT 98-99%.

there's another 1.5 million still ill, who have yet to be counted as cured or dead, and the rate of new infections is growing exponentially, with a 7 day moving average of 50,000 a day new infections.

also the numbers this weekend are low because Los Angeles County is upgrading their computer systems they use for reporting, so their data has not been reported since Thursday. Tomorrow, they will probably be reporting the totals for the prior 3-4 days, which had been running over 2000/day for the week prior at a growing rate so that will put a bit of a spike on the curve. I tend to use 7 day rolling averages to smooth out the bumps
Science=Depends on who is paying them as to what they "find".
Old 07-05-2020, 11:17 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
must be nice to pick and choose what you want to believe in.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:15 AM   #25

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
must be nice to pick and choose what you want to believe in.
I wish I could to choose the believe what some people are telling me... that it is a conspiracy to control the populace, or that "it will just go away." Oh how easy life would be if I could pick and choose the evidence (however weak it might be) so that I could go anywhere I wanted "knowing" that there was little or no risk. If I were powerless to act or if my fate were sealed then I might well be better off if uninformed, but for intelligent and educated people the facts are a burden.

Yet ah! why should they know their fate?
Since sorrow never comes too late,
And happiness too swiftly flies.
Thought would destroy their paradise.
No more; where ignorance is bliss,
'Tis folly to be wise.
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poe...f-eton-college
Old 07-06-2020, 06:30 AM   #26

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Quote:
It is harmful to the person to wear a mask. If you wear a mask thinking it will protect you, you do not have the right to harm another by telling them they have to wear a mask to protect you=what makes you more important than the person you don't mind hurting?
Every scientific study done so far shows that when both parties are wearing masks, the chance of transmission of Covid-19 drops by up to 80%. I wear a mask when out not to protect me, but to protect you.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:35 AM   #27

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Quote:
Yeah that's right! The majority of the scientific community across the world is in on it! 100+ years of research into how diseases spread is all faked! And all of the dead and hospitalized people are faking and being paid to make you submit to the tyranny of wearing a mask!

This is the one of 2 things we can do to support first responders and actually make a difference in how this thing progresses. The other is observing social distancing.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:28 AM   #28

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018- 21FT- FORD
NW Wisconsin
There’s always one in every crowd .-Qanon LIVES
Old 07-06-2020, 09:52 AM   #29

Name: Zach
Trailer: 91 Bigfoot 17
Montana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Sorry ZachO , I thought the belt vs suspenders controversy was settle back in the 1950ís by Harry S. Truman . I have 2 pair of suspenders one for hunting and one for formal occasions
I was actually referring to the same post you were referring to above. Unless I'm just not getting your joke, which is a possibility.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:00 AM   #30

Montana
Registry
Yes, can always tell those who have been indoctrinated, on both sides. But the "this is no big deal and restricts my freedom" side is the one currently threatening the health of a nation.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:51 AM   #31

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
I will say this. Cool weather covid Distancing where Iím out setting on my tree waiting for a deer to walk by is looking pretty good right now. On my own property, a few snacks, some water and migrating geese overhead. Iíll be wearing my camo mask, camo hat, camo gloves etc. so I ought to be good to go. Of course our governor has green lighted everything so Iíll not be stopping at the locker to get him dressed, oh wait I can butcher.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-06-2020, 12:10 PM   #32

Montana
Registry
My life in general will be ok for the near future. At least until we see what happens to government budgets. My job is funded through state and federal grants I apply for to do restoration projects. My work can happen without the office.

I’m most worried about all the businesses that will likely need to be shut down again. Despite the suffering that causes, I DO think it’s necessary.

Too bad science is politicized. Science requires skepticism. You don’t just hear something and believe it. What qualifies as consensus is when a finding has been independently verified by multiple studies. Things like -smoking is bad for you (called a hoax back in the day), climate change, masks working etc.

If your take on science is “I’ll believe only what’s convenient to my lifestyle” or only what fits my political beliefs and dismiss everything else, you’re living a dangerous fantasy.

If you’re going to be the kind of person who calls science into question, you better also be the kind of person who does their research to see if their opinion has any validity. Too many people don’t question the science of the super computer in their pocket or landers on Mars, but quickly question anything inconvenient or threatening.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:28 PM   #33

Trailer: Black Series HQ19
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
Yes, can always tell those who have been indoctrinated, on both sides. But the "this is no big deal and restricts my freedom" side is the one currently threatening the health of a nation.
👍

Sad, but true.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #34

Montana
Registry
Quote:
How is it harming the person wearing the mask? The carbon dioxide toxicity claim has been debunked by multiple sources, but I'm guessing you'll choose not to believe those sources, so I won't bother linking them here.

I do feel sorry for all the health care professionals who have been harmed their entire career from mask wearing, along with anyone in any industry requiring a simple face mask or N-95 style mask for all the harm they've been done. Wonder where all the class action lawsuits are...
Old 07-06-2020, 01:46 PM   #35

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018- 21FT- FORD
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I will say this. Cool weather covid Distancing where Iím out setting on my tree waiting for a deer to walk by is looking pretty good right now. On my own property, a few snacks, some water and migrating geese overhead. Iíll be wearing my camo mask, camo hat, camo gloves etc. so I ought to be good to go. Of course our governor has green lighted everything so Iíll not be stopping at the locker to get him dressed, oh wait I can butcher.
Iowa Dave
I hate to wish my life away but this current heat wave has me longing for the cool evenings and crisp sunny days of November and sitting in my deer stand trying to stay awake
Today was a bright spot , we went to a neighboring town and a small Mom & Pop liquor store caught my eye . When I walked in the door I knew it was going to be a good day because there in the cooler was about a dozen 6 packs of Potosiís finest .
We were introduced to Potosi Beer by Iowa Dave Smith and to him we are eternally grateful. Hopefully this Fall we can make a pilgrimage to the Potosi Brewery on our way to the Mississippi River Rendevous .
Old 07-06-2020, 05:01 PM   #36

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
COVID19 is more scary than running away from twelve big bulls in a narrow alleyway, with horns as sharp as knives and weighing up to half a ton. So wear a mask!
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled-1.jpg  
Old 07-06-2020, 07:25 PM   #37

Name: P
Trailer: Casita
Washington
I wish people would understand that the sooner everybody masks up when out amongst other folk, the sooner we might just be able to slow the virus down or maybe even stop it.

Just put it on and cover your nose too! There's a zillion styles on line, you can double up a manly bandanna, or you can make your own. Just stop whining and wear it. Let's get this thing done. We might could see some encouraging real results in a couple of weeks.

As was pointed out on another site, President Kennedy got us on the way and onto the moon. Now, we can't even go to Canada.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:32 PM   #38

Montana
Registry
Another unintended consequence: people from Arizona packing up the dog, cat and kids and heading to Montana to work remotely. Just met one at the campground.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:49 PM   #39
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
I do feel sorry for all the health care professionals who have been harmed their entire career from mask wearing, along with anyone in any industry requiring a simple face mask or N-95 style mask for all the harm they've been done. Wonder where all the class action lawsuits are...
Considering I spent 30 years working in a hi-tech clean room working everyday, wearing a mask and a "bunny" suit helping make semiconductors so we could all have computers, and survived, I guess I must just be lucky!

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 07-06-2020, 10:04 PM   #40

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Potosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I hate to wish my life away but this current heat wave has me longing for the cool evenings and crisp sunny days of November and sitting in my deer stand trying to stay awake
Today was a bright spot , we went to a neighboring town and a small Mom & Pop liquor store caught my eye . When I walked in the door I knew it was going to be a good day because there in the cooler was about a dozen 6 packs of Potosiís finest .
We were introduced to Potosi Beer by Iowa Dave Smith and to him we are eternally grateful. Hopefully this Fall we can make a pilgrimage to the Potosi Brewery on our way to the Mississippi River Rendevous .
Hi Steve
I think we talked about this before but the rebuilding and now viable operation of the old Potosi brewery is a great small town success story.

If anybody goes, the lunch menu at the bar is pretty darn good. And there is both beer and root beer. Then if youíre interested you can go through the rooms that are filled with brewiana items. Very interesting to some.

No secret that lots of campers like beer, spirits, wine and good food. Many of us worked hard our whole life and dammit, we deserve it. On top of that this covid deal is screwing up my plans for the summer.

However we have a great looking garden and are harvesting lots of red raspberries. Iím going to call my conservation officer tomorrow for a depredation permit. Iím not planning on sharing my sweet corn and other produce with the coons and possums.
We will see how that goes. I havenít always had the best relationship with the DNR.

About time to catch some catfish too.

Iowa Dave
Closed Thread