13’uhaul - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2020, 01:58 PM   #1

Name: Doyle
Trailer: Uhaul
Missouri
Question 13’uhaul

I’m getting ready to inherit a 13’ uhaul camping trailer. No bathroom. Front bunks .its ready for cushion covers ,top floor, curtains and stove. I want to sell it but don’t know how to figure a price. I’m in St. Louis area. Can someone give me an idea of a fair price to ask for it.
Thanks
Doyleord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 05:35 AM   #2

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
Doyle,
I'm hardly an authority, but I think a U-Haul in average condition here in the Midwest goes for $4500, give or take. Prices may have gone up a bit with the whole Coronavirus thing, and people wanting to do self-contained getaways.
Prices are substantially higher on the coasts.
An informed buyer will be on the lookout for [1] soft/punky/damp spots in the flooring--just inside the door, or underneath the seats. Rear side windows have a strong tendency to leak, and it can run down the sidewalls and underneath the seat platforms.
[2] Missing "elevator bolts" that hold the body to the frame. (about a third of them were missing on our CT when we bought it)
[3] Rusted-through corners on the tubular frame--maybe most likely right behind the rear wheels. Frames can get expensive to repair.
[4] Clear title. If people live in a state with a fussy DMV, this can be a deal-killer.

Good news, though--these are really popular little campers. If it's in overall good, sound shape, it should sell quickly.
You could join the Facebook U-Haul camper page, and advertise it there as well......they're an active community, and someone's always looking to buy one.
Best of luck with the prep & sale,
Gary
Old 09-05-2020, 01:17 PM   #3

Name: Kris
Trailer: Shopping
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyleord View Post
I’m getting ready to inherit a 13’ uhaul camping trailer. No bathroom. Front bunks .its ready for cushion covers ,top floor, curtains and stove. I want to sell it but don’t know how to figure a price. I’m in St. Louis area. Can someone give me an idea of a fair price to ask for it.
Thanks
Hi. I’m interested in buying a UHaul. Please let me know when you put your UHaul for sale. Thanks ��
Kris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:15 PM   #4

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: Shopping
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyleord View Post
Thanks
I’m located in central IL. I would like to hear more about this. Please send me a message so I can chat with you.
saefirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:19 PM   #5

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Check sold listings over on the fiberglass rv 4 sale site. Compare the condition of your trailer to those that have sold.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul