1969 13' Boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2009, 01:14 PM   #21

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Are those the male part of snaps running down the outside at the back on the same side as the door? If so, and if there is a similar row ahead of the door, then your trailer probably had an "Add-a-Room" at one point in time (screened porch/awning thingie that snapped to the outside of the trailer).
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:18 PM   #22

Trailer: Boler
Nice catch Raya - I think you must be right! Awe. now I wish I had that add-a-room LOL

I haven't checked the tongue yet, but according to my ownership papers, the VIN number is 068....

Kevin - whatcha think about that? Seriously that might be one of the first 68???? The ownership says it's a '69 though...flat tops in '69??? What are your thoughts?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL! I'm spending the evening with my best chick friend watching scary movies outside in my new toy LOL - should be creepy!!!!
Erin F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:35 PM   #23

Trailer: Boler 1300 1969 (flat roof)
Raya, good eye for the add a room. I just checked a photo of another flat roof boler which was being sold by a member here last year and it has similar snaps, or what looks like a type of twist-lock connector, in pretty much the same location. I wonder whether these were factory installed or dealer options?

Erin, that's great, my registration lists mine as a '69 as well with my vin number being #099, so now we have two similarly registered Ontario bolers.

We'll figure out the numbers a bit better later, but I would definitely say that at this point you're official new owner of the 68th boler!

There's an article and interview on the bolerama website where it states that only 40 were built in the first year and the first 100 had flat roofs, so that means #041 - 100 would have been manufactured in 1969.

I don't believe the numbers in that interview are completely accurate, but I think it's safe to say that our bolers were probably made in '69. Another member had also mentioned that it's possible a trailer might have been manufactured in one year, say '68, but sold as a '69 model year.

Hope the movie wasn't too scary and it wasn't too cold!

Kevin
Old 11-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #24

Trailer: Boler
Awesome!!
Kevin - I didn't even notice you were from Ontario

That's super cool. I'm loving my new past time/interest and I haven't even taken her out yet!! Slept in her for the first time last night though (cozy!) and creepy with the scary movies and all LOL (fridge works well, beer stays cold)

68th eh? Wow I knew I bought gem but I didn't realize how special she really was. I wonder how many of the first 100 are still around (crazy that 2 are within 700km of each other!)

p.s. it was super cold - spaceheaters are a beautiful thing
Erin F. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler