has a Bargman door lockset and the actual locking lever broke loose. It seems like the weak point in these locks. I ended up using a center punch, drill, self taping screw and washer. The lock now works better than ever. I've attached images of the issue and repair.
1) Open the exterior latch and under it you'll find a retaining washer that secures the inside handle. Remove it'
2) Remove the two bolts on the inside of the lockset and remove the two halves.
3) In the first picture you'll see an area where there was a washer that had been held by the mushroomed end of the post.
4) As in picture #2 use a very small center punch to put a starter spot in the center of what is left of the post.
5) Picture #3 shows a small self tap screw and washer. ( Be careful to chose a drill and screw no more than 1/2 the diameter of the post diameter.
6) Picture #4 shows the self tap screw and washer installed.