2010 Trillium 1300 Report - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
We have spent over 20 nights in our new 2010 Trillium 1300 including a 2 week trip to the Outerbanks of N.C. so I am familiar enough with the trailer to give a preliminary report. The website, Trilliumrv.com does a good job outlining the features, options, pricing, etc so I won't duplicate that here. Ours is a classic model with a 3 way fridge, electric brakes and a furnace the only ordered options.

Trilliumrv appears to be a trading company and I believe Tom Young is the president and at this time the only employee? The trailers are made to his specifications in southern California. He delivers the trailers in loads of 4. We met him in upstate NY; the rest of the load went to Canada. This worked well for us living in Vt., cheaper than driving to the factory. We booked a room at a motel. He arrived sometime in the middle of the night. Next morning we met, helped him unload the trailer, paid the balance due, hitched up and headed home.

Starting from the ground up:
The tires are Carlisle Radial Trail ST175/80R13 load range C mounted on a 5 on 4.5 aluminum wheel. The axle is a Dexter #9 that is bolted to the frame. The frame is 2" x 3" tubular steel that appears to be powder coated. The tongue "upswing" is made of individual pieces welded together. Each joint is reenforced in two places. A tray to hold the propane tank and the battery sits between the tongue rails. There are no holes in the 2"x 3" tubes. The fiberglass body is bolted to tabs welded to the tubes using stainless steel bolts. There are 6 bolts.

I have no experience with molded fiberglass and as such I have no idea as to the quality of the shell. I have noticed that in places where I can see the inside wall that the wall thickness does vary. Also the trailer has developed a few hairline cracks at the belly band. It is my understanding these are common and nothing to worry about. Hopefully those more knowledgeable will comment. The door is 2 pieces of fiberglass bonded together and is hollow. It feels solid and closes tight. The opening measures 64" x 22 1/2". There is no screen door. Most but not all of the hardware used on the outside is stainless,The water tank drain is located behind the drivers side wheel. It's very easy to get to but very slow to drain. To get to the fill spout requires you open a locked door. The jalousie windows are what make the trailer for us. In the Outerbanks there was always a breeze and we didn't care if it rained.

The interior furniture is made up of molded fiberglass pieces bonded to the inside. This includes the living space floor. The subfloor is plywood which is visible in the storage areas. The living space floor is carpeted. Three removable pieces held in place with snaps. Originally we were going to replace it with linoleum, but this works very well. The wall covering is vinyl. The windows are tinted but not mirrored. The shades slide up and down on strings on either side of the each window. They work well. Rather than upper cabinets there are trays. They appear rather flimsy but work better than I thought they would. The ceiling in the center is 74 ". I am over 6 ft tall and do not hit my head on the ceiling but have hit the max fan vent knob. The fan has been positioned so it allows ambient light over the sink/stove when open. Nice thinking. The bed is small. Because of a protrusion on the back wall the middle third is 45" with the rest over 46". Cozy. The cushions are of good quality and with a topper make a very comfortable bed. Lots of storage; both cabinets and under the seats.

The fit and finish on ours is good, not great. We found a few misdrilled holes, a few screws had to be tightened, and one cupboard door had to be shimmed. All the lights, wire and plumbing holes had to be caulked. We used a product called Lexel. In one place the interior fiberglass pieces don't meet up. The gap was filled with a vinyl covered board. Sloppy.

We originally wanted a 15 ft trailer to get the bigger bed, more room etc. When we stopped at a truck stop and the weight was 1660 lb. with our stuff, battery, propane, and a couple gallons of water the small trailer became more attractive.

Right now we are very happy with the Trillium. Despite a few cosmetic issues it appears well made and well thought out. We have made a few mods which we will share later. Hope this is helpful, Raz

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium