2012 Scamp 19' fith wheel OA height - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2020, 03:03 PM   #1

Name: jon
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' SD
Illinois
2012 Scamp 19' fith wheel OA height

Currently we are Casita owners but are considering a Scamp 5th wheel but would like to find out the overall height to ensure it would safely fit in our shed. We will be looking for one with a roof A/C and possibly a high lift if it is available. I checked the Scamp website but can't find anything on the overall height of the older models.

Does anyone know what the minimum door opening height would be?

thanks...jon
jon carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:05 AM   #2

Name: Jean
Trailer: Escape 5
North Carolina
19' Scamp height

I had a 2002 19' Scamp. Just sold it. It had ac but that was on the lower part of the trailer. My height w a regular axle was 9'.
Jean
Weavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:39 PM   #3

Illinois
Thank you for the information Jean. 9 foot will be close but doable.
jon
Old 10-18-2020, 05:14 PM   #4

Name: nancy
Trailer: 19' Scamp Deluxe
Tennessee
Registry
We have a 2010 19 foot, with AC on top; it also has the lifted axle. It measures just under 11 feet, hooked up to our F150. Too tall to get into our carport, where the 16 fit just fine. We now store it with a cover, in the yard.
Our friends, who have a Chinook, modified their storage shed: cut out an area, and have a pulley to lift that piece of wood to allow their Chinook to fit into their storage area. just a thought, in case it would work for you. Was not an option for us.
nancyrnfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:24 PM   #5

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
I just measured (as well as I could by eyeballing from a step ladder) and came up with 9'6". The scamp is about as level as when it is hooked up to my Tacoma. So I would say you need 11 (on edit, 10) feet to be clear and safe.

If I remember correctly, when I built my "scamport" to protect it from the Vermont winter snow load, I remember I made it 10' to clear the loft vent cover.

If you have a way to move it with a dolly, you could lower the highest part some, but that is a different case altogether.
2nd edit: mine has the 3" axle lift.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:36 PM   #6

Illinois
Nancy and Paul,

Thanks for the responses. May need to take the tires and wheels off and just use 14 inch steel wheels without tires to back it in. Have to do that with our Casita but it does fit.

thanks again...jon
Old 10-24-2020, 11:51 AM   #7

Name: Frank
Trailer: Scamp 19 ft
MN
Our Scamp 5th wheel 9' 6" OA

Our 2020 5th Wheel Scamp measures 9' to top of front roof vent (top of AC unit is slightly lower) as it is parked, but measures about 9' 6" when it is hitched up to our 2019 Ford Ranger. So, bottom line is that each Scamp is manufactured at a height to coincide with the vehicle which will be towing it. Must measure each Scamp to get the exact height.
Frank Maixner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp