76 scamp...going to the paint shop... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #1

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp (fits in my Garage...Yeah)
Hey Folks....

Going to paint my scamp trailer..its disgusting....but i wanted to see if there are any other custom color combos on a older scamp...

i looked at the one thread with all the cool paint jobs..but wanted to see other scamps only...maybe some that did not make it in the thread...

my first option is a two tone theme...with black rims...the colors...lower egg.....porsche green..upper egg...white....the colors are available from a paint shop my co workers father owns....

im not sure if i will put any scamp graphics back on...dont know if they make them reflective..that would be cool..im also considering painting my propane tank as well...

any other ideas...........

i will post the color as soon as i get a sample.....

in the mean time im back to searching

thanks

jim

jimtesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Jim, I don't know of a just "scamps" paint job thread. Just as I don't think there is a thread on any one brand. Just threads on cool glass paint jobs. Maybe someone else will know of something.

Sometimes looking at Hot Rod Rally''s will bring up examples of glass (again it will be whatever brand a particular Hot Rod is pulling). Good Luck, and show after pic's. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
Hey Folks....

..im also considering painting my propane tank as well...

thanks

jim
Propane tanks have to be either white or silver---- the idea of that is to reflect heat so the propane will not expand and blow your pop-off valve. Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:50 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think two tone paint is cool. I've thought several time about painting the bottom of my Scamp yellow and the top white. Eventually, the tug is going to be yellow... when it gets out of the body shop. But, if I should change tugs... it probably wouldn't match... and I think matching tug and tow are great! So, with that in mind... I've changed tactics and will stick with some yellow graphics on an all white trailer. It's far cheaper (and easier) to change graphics... whether vinyl decals or paint then it is to repaint the trailer. AND, no one said the frame has to be black. Painted wheels, painted frame and colored decals are for me! All relatively cheap to change, if and when I sell the trailer. We know that white trailers sell faster and (usually) for more money than those that have been painted a different color.

Your mileage may vary.
Attached Thumbnails
CoolGraphics.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint, painting, scamp