A brand new 16 foot Scamp Deluxe - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-25-2021, 02:20 AM   #1

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
A brand new 16 foot Scamp Deluxe

Well yesterday a brand new 16 foot deluxe Scamp pulled in next to me it was so pretty.
Of course, I inspected it and noticed that there was a decal next to the door that says 50th it is scamps 50th anniversary this year.

This is the first 16 foot I've seen with the new flat door. What I found interesting is the hinge set up. There was what looked like a heavy duty piano hinge roughly 18 inches long or so on the bottom and then the upper one was only maybe two or 3 inches long. I think the lower one went from the bellyband down, there was quite a gap between the lower one in the upper one.

As I continued on I noticed they're using scissor jacks tucked up nice and neat. I started measuring, maybe I can put them on my 13 footer. Well they hang down about 4 inches from the frame and on my trailer that might be too low, Although sewer dump appears to hang about that far down. Food for thought anyway.

The other thing I noticed was the LED tail lights and what interested me the most was a little teeny weenie running lights, they are so small. I didn't get to see them turned on at night so I have no idea how bright they are but they sure are little.

That's about all that jumped out at me. oh yeah, where did they put the sewer hose it's not on the front. well it's underneath in the rear next to the dump line.

Something else, a new Logo on the front. Not sure I like it. I've been on the Scamp website and seen that logo and I wondered when they would start putting it on the trailer.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:19 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
16', wish it were mine !

Hi Joy, thanks for the report, I wish that were my 16'. Where are you now ? Far away or getting in position to be at Quartzsite in a few months ? BTW, I have been by your old house in Questa Oaks lately, they are taking good care of it. We helped a friend with her yard sale nearby (for moving) . ( Don't even ask what those houses sell for now ! ) Your house looks lonely without your SCAMP in front ! David in Sonora
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp