A Fiberglass Egg Camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
A Fiberglass Egg Camper

A Fiberglass Egg Camper with the Name: "EggCamper"

LIGHTWEIGHT FIBERGLASS TRAVEL TRAILER
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Good eggs.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #3

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
If you should purchase one of these, be sure to have the correct safety chains and make sure they are the right length.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #4

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Is there no way to open or close the doors on the upper cabinets (and some of the lower ones too)?

It may be nice if seen in person - but from the pictures, to me, it seems to lack windows for light and ventilation. The windows it does have seem to be slider style, so would have to be closed in a driving rain.

Does anyone have one so they can convince of its virtues?
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
We have quite a few members who own EggCampers!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:18 PM   #6

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
I've owned an EggCamper since 2007. Great unit, at least in my opinion. Have towed it over 40k miles so far and camped in temps from -20F to over 100F. Most of my camping is boondocking although I also use it as a temp home when I visit my kids/grandkids and friends and we have lived in it for several months at at time.

As I understand it the current production EggCampers are electric only but I have put in propane for a big furnace, water heater, three burner stove and refrigerator. That along with 90W of portable solar panels means I can be off grid for weeks if I want. I also upgraded the battery to a group 27 for more reserve capacity and I carry a small generator to top off the 12V system if we have many cloudy days in a row. Haven't had to use the generator yet.

As to the question of the slider windows - I put a WindowMax vent on the starboard side window and have two MaxxFans so I can have good ventilation even in hard rain without getting water inside. The MaxxFans can be set to move air in or out and don't require a separate cover for rain protection.

The EggCamper has three windows plus one in the door - two windows on the port side and one toward the rear on the starboard side. I have tinted my windows with 5% limo tint film. You can still see out but no one can see in.

Advantages of the EggCamper include a longer/wider bed. At 88" wide there is plenty of room inside for an 80" long by 54" wide mattress. It also has much more headroom than other brands at 6' 7" so I don't hit my head on ceiling fan vent cranks. Double wall fiberglass means it is much easier to clean than other interiors. Just wipe it down. The greater width means that the floor is 44" wide, much wider than the other brands.

By this time you probably can see that I am very happy with my EggCamper.

Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:36 AM   #7

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
What's in a name? It sounds like you've just discovered EggCamper, but they've been around for several years.

We've put a lot of miles on our 2008 EggCamper and we enjoy the spacious interior. Although it started as an electric-only camper, I've added propane for the new furnace and water heater. Like Orlen, I have solar and can camp off grid for extended periods and the MaxxFans that I installed keep the camper very comfortable.
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:27 AM   #8
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
We list it as one of the currently manufactured FGRV brands. Check out these pictures and forum topics.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #9

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
I like them a lot! But I would want a window in the bathroom and the rear. I would get rid of the window style a/c and put in a mini split system. And I think I would rather have a all ele one. Thinking about making my Boler all ele.
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote