A mark of sorts. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2006, 01:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
As of our latest camping trip to Hurricane Campground in the Mount Rogers National Recreation Area in southwestern Virginia (see my campground report in that topic), we have now been on nine camping trips with the Casita. That is one more than the previous two owners combined. The first owner went on three trips before his health failed, and the second owner took it on five trips before he had health problems. Nine trips in one year of ownership. We would have had more, but some other things came up that caused us to cancel a couple of park visits.

Have I mentioned how much my wife and I love our fiberglass rv??
Attached Thumbnails
Hurricane001.jpg  
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Glad you broke the jinks, and here's hoping your health lets you take lots more trips.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Glad you broke the jinks, and here's hoping your health lets you take lots more trips.

1st owner 3
2nd owner 5
3rd owner 9

66.666666% increase from owner 1 to owner 2.
Same increase from owner 2 to owner 3 would be 8.3333333. Since you can't have 1/3 of trip he needs one more.

Maybe Bob should take another short trip to get beyond that 66% point.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #4

Heh heh.

I plan on taking another trip in a few weeks. I'm going to take my nephew and his son with me to the high country--either around Shining Rock or back toward Mount Rogers. First weekend of November.

Or maybe to the Smokies! Here's a shot I took this past March near the summit of Mount LeConte. That's the highest outhouse east of the Mississippi River!
Attached Thumbnails
Picture_4050.jpg  
Old 10-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #5

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Quote:
Heh heh.

I plan on taking another trip in a few weeks. I'm going to take my nephew and his son with me to the high country--either around Shining Rock or back toward Mount Rogers. First weekend of November.

Or maybe to the Smokies! Here's a shot I took this past March near the summit of Mount LeConte. That's the highest outhouse east of the Mississippi River!
Way to go Bob, never enough Camping. We are off to the Northern Oregon Gathering on Fri then may poke around for a week in Western Oregon
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:47 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
1st owner 3
2nd owner 5
3rd owner 9

66.666666% increase from owner 1 to owner 2.
Same increase from owner 2 to owner 3 would be 8.3333333. Since you can't have 1/3 of trip he needs one more.

Maybe Bob should take another short trip to get beyond that 66% point.
Hi: If we paid $3000. for our '77 boler and we had as much fun as people who paid $350,000. for their diesel pusher...Whats the fun ratio $ for $ Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Hi: If we paid $3000. for our '77 boler and we had as much fun as people who paid $350,000. for their diesel pusher...Whats the fun ratio $ for $ Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Well if you want my vote, those of us that bought -$10,000 trailers have a lot more fun that $350,000 guys.

We even get the dancing okra.

Now for fun per $, hmmm.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Heh heh.

While I paid $10K for my late-model Casita, I'm sure my wife and I have as much fun on our camping trips as those who paid over $100K for their RVs. And we can take our fiberglass trailer to places those huge trailers and motorhomes can never go.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:08 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Heh heh.

Love being able to go our year around. We're about make our 19th trip since January 1, and nights 35 and 36.

Yippeee.